BioShock Infinite (PC DVD)
Platform: PCEdition: StandardChange
Price:£10.92+£2.03shipping

on 29 March 2013
This game looks amazing and runs really well although I did get abit of screen tearing often.
The story is very clever and complex but brilliant.

The only thing that lets this game down is the game play.Its very linear and they didnt make full use of the airships and air rails.
You go to an area kill bad guys, more bad guys come,kill them then move to the next area with more bad guys, repeat repeat.This becomes a little boring but the story makes you carry on.

The guns dont feel solid, there quite bland, not customisable, very limited and not very exciting to use.
Guns are upgradable though(eg faster reloads more power etc).

I can see how this game has got good reviews but I do think its a little over rated down to the game play, not that its a bad game.

I do reccommed this game but I was expecting better game play.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 8 May 2013
THe graphics in this game are top notch and it plays very well.
An engaging story with lots going on. Plenty of weapons and some interesting 'powers' to use.

Main criticism would be that there is very little flexibility in plot progression. They have a story to tell and you follow the plot.
No scope to go off the beaten track or develop your own storyline.
Battles wouldn't be overly taxing....but that's a minor complaint.

Overall a highly enjoyable game to play none the less.
on 1 May 2013
Bought this for my brother's birthday after completing it myself! Best game I have played in a long time, the art style and setting (turn of the century USA) is what I really loved. The combat mechanics are nothing revolutionary but they are solid and enjoyable. The storyline (no spoilers!) is gripping and the characters memorable. This is a game that is about more that just "graphics and online play" which is what many games are now stripped down to.

My computer is fast, but a couple of years old and I manage 50-60 FPS on medium setting which look really nice except for occasional excessive use of 'fog' for want of a better word. Overall very enjoyable and thought provoking!
on 11 February 2014
It's a game of contrasts, of beauty and madness, nastiness, of pretty environments and bloody encounters.

It's a combination you may find in real life, especially if you look at counties with a huge gap between the rich and the poor. Not an entertaining one, however; rather sad.

I am a fun of FPS, RTS and RPG games. I didn't enjoy this one (as a matter of fact, I got bored and stopped playing it after about 15h of game play). I had high expectations from this game and I was disappointed by its poor, linear game play and unbelievable story line. It's like a tale on human misery, drawing parallels that I could not always follow.

I cannot recommend it.
on 31 December 2014
Just what a game. Fantastic (if a tad complex) narrative, beautiful visuals, and really great, multi-layered combat. I just can't stop playing it.
on 3 May 2013
Despite a few small things, This game is The Best i have played in a longest time. It is Perhaps The Best game i have ever planer.

Amazing story and great gameplay, makes this title stand out from The crowd.

I recommend that you try it out.
on 17 May 2014
If you like a great story like reading a book or watching a movie,just buy it, thank me later,else go buy call of duty, pew pew pew
on 27 March 2013
Firstly, Steam, ignore any of the numpties who will inevitably turn up to one star this game and drag this games rating down with steam hate, yeah the game takes a little while to install, about an hour or so, its 3 disks and its a hefty lil' fella and there is a bit of fiddling, I was playing with a medium PC, 8GB Ram/ Nvidia GTS 240.
Playing the game there has been no faults, no glitches, freezing, lag or frame issues.
The familiarity of playing controls and movement is a surprise, once the game starts you will instantly go 'hey I'm playing Bioshock' (Probably helps that its raining, there is rough seas and you are going to a lighthouse too).
I'm not going to spoil anything here I once you hit the city it will blow your mind. Please take heed on this your first experience of the city should be entirely as much of a surprise as possible, and you will be damn happy you are playing this on PC I assure you.
The attention to detail is amazing, texture and mapping is superb. The lighting and colours are striking and the world will suck you in, to the point I found when you are forced into violence it does feel a little jarring. Sound plays a major factor in the games immersion the sound is excellent, with a few catchy tunes you will be humming for days afterwards.
Combat is a little hit and miss, but once you get your feet settled you will be using Infinite's own Plasmids the Vigors some of which are a joy, again I won't spoil. The hook and rails I thought would be horrible actually came as a surprise how nice they work, and my biggest fear the age old platformer one that I would be constantly hurtling to my death was unfounded.
I found in game interaction with NPCs to be a bit limited but that doesn't detract.
The only minus is checkpointing, and its kind of difficult to tell when you last hit a checkpoint so you will loose a bit of your play if you need to quit, this isn't Infinite's problem just a hangover from blumin' consoles!
I'm putting an edit in here, to give a mention to Elizabeth it needs mentioning she is a great companion character! No fussing or messing around protecting her, no wondering where she is, and she throws kit your way which adds a huge help if your in fire fights and running low on ammo, she is fascinating to watch too, the small things she does, and her giving you hints 'hey come over here' is nice too, I'm glad for once to have a chatty first person character and his conversations with Elizabeth add depth. She is I think the first companion which isn't a stone, or a portable closet, she does thunder steal a bit taking over safe cracking and lock-picking if you liked Bioshock's hacking that is gone buddy!
All in all the game is fantastic, a joy to play and it is going to be a classic just like its big daddy Bioshock, its so good to see so much effort being put into making a game look brilliant, sound superb and play exactly right. A must buy.
on 29 May 2013
I have only recently discovered the Bioshock franchise; however after playing the first Bioshock I right away became attached to the underwater city of Rapture. Bioshock Infinite takes you to the floating city of Columbia; first of all I would like to say the city itself looks stunning, and although the NPC's are very static, the view of the city remains the same. I spent a while looking around Columbia, and it feels amazing. Until the combat starts.

In the previous Bioshock's, mostly in Bioshock 1, you could use plasmids to control big daddy's and rage splicers to attack each other. You could also hack turrets; and although this included a horrific mini-game, it is still a way in which you can expand on the combat. This is removed in Bioshock Infinite; you fight hordes of enemies with some terrible gun mechanics. All of the powers are too similar to each-other, and although there is a posses spell, it is not very effective.

Overall; Bioshock Infinite has a spectacular atmosphere and an amazing story, however it is filled with terrible combat mechanics. This game could have been much better, however it's other points are so strong it is still worth getting this game!
on 12 May 2013
Lots of great graphics and really good AI for the main characters. Some of the fights are really difficult even in normal mode which is good.
But the lack of a quick save is annoying as you can lose a lot of progress in the game.
It doesn't quite have the same atmosphere style of the original but it's a pretty good attempt and will be a game you play more than once.