4.0 out of 5 stars Great plot and atmosphere
Really enjoyable game, fantastic story line which really draws you in much like the other Bioshock titles.

The world you navigate is colourful, full of intrigue and very engaging.

Published 12 months ago by M. Forsdyke

3.0 out of 5 stars Not on a par with 1 or even 2
If your expecting BS 3 then you will be disappointed, I loved BS 1 and to a lesser extent 2, I miss the quick save although its not really a problem once you get stuck in , just irritating not being able to go back to a specific point; very little exploring to be done - too linear for that; no hacking; nice grafix but not the gorgeous art deco there was in 1 and 2; run...
Published 16 months ago by maxab

4.0 out of 5 stars Great plot and atmosphere, 25 Mar. 2014
This review is from: BioShock Infinite (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)

The world you navigate is colourful, full of intrigue and very engaging.

These days most FPS is focused purely on the multiplayer and the single player gets left behind - this is the total opposite as the storytelling is amazing and as you progress you begin to understand who you are and why you're there.

Brilliant game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rapture in Columbia, 9 Feb. 2015
This review is from: BioShock Infinite (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
The first Bioshock game was a remarkable achievement. Bioshock 2 expanded on the first and was equally good. With BIOSHOCK INFINITE, Irrational Games have surpassed their previous efforts and produced a game that is better than the first two in all but one way (we’ll come to that later). BI looks fantastic. The aerial city of Columbia is quite literally stunning to look at. Visually the game is a work of art, with some of the most amazing design and use of colour that I’ve ever seen in a game. The story, although not directly related to the first two games, is as strong as ever, as is the voice acting. The combat will be familiar to those who have played B1 or 2, although the more open environment of Columbia and the ability to use the Sky-Line system makes many of the set-pieces more fluid and dynamic. The weapons are different and now the plasmids are called Vigors and are replenished by the use of salts but overall the feel of the combat is quite similar to the two previous games. A major difference, however, is that the player now has a companion. Elizabeth is with you throughout much of the game and although she does not take part in any combat she does assist in other ways and she also provides a conversational foil for the playable character, who also speaks in this instalment. The only thing I missed when playing this game were the Splicers. In Bioshock 1 and 2 the bizarre ramblings of these twisted individuals were a joy to hear and they produced much of the games’ humour. There is humour in BI but not as much as I would have liked. That said it’s really the only criticism I have of the game and it’s more than compensated for by all that’s good about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Storytelling art at its best., 11 April 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: BioShock Infinite (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I've just finished playing this game. Reality doesn't seem quite as stimulating as the journey I've been on over the last few days. Its been a rollercoaster ride. I've certainly played better shooters, though to be fair, there is nothing wrong with the choice of firepower or special powers. Its just that this game isn't really about shooting things. What this game is about, is the story. Quite simply, its the most immersive game I've ever played, by a country mile.

Now, this makes a review rather difficult. I can't really talk about the story without giving it away, but the story is what this game is about. So be sure to pay attention to all the audio clips and pictographs you find along your way. I must have missed a few, looking at the achievements at the end, but I certainly got enough to weave the tale for me.

And what a tale. Sorry, but you will just have to take my word for it. I will mention the mundane stuff now, but quite honestly its irrelevent. Buy this game now if you like a good story. If you are rubbish at games, set the level to easy and muddle your way through. I played on hard, and it is really hard in places but doable in the main.

So, the mundane stuff. Graphics were excellent. I love steampunk, and this game is full of it, as are the previous Bioshock encounters. I didn't have any issues with textures or anything. The game NEVER crashed on me. Production levels were superb. I particularly like the automatons, they really did add to the eerie atmosphere.

Sound too, was top notch. Indeed, its worth watching all the end credits for some bonuses on that front.

Gameplay?

It can be repetitive, but only as much as you make it. If you stick to the sniper rifle, and the crow skill, it is boring. If you stick to the rocket launcher and the electric skill, it is boring. Basically, if you do the same thing over and over, it gets boring. So don't. Mix it up a bit. Explore using different weapons and skills. And explore different gameplay tactics.

Replayability?

I'm not sure, it may be interesting to replay and look for the things I quite obviously missed. Its just a shame that I cannot forget what I've experienced over the last few days first. There is an option on the main menu for downloadable content. So perhaps more bits will be added at a later date. I can't for the life of me see how though. The story is complete in itself.

Play this game. Now. If you have any imagination and sense of wonderment in you, you will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best FPS titles out there, 1 Mar. 2014
Moses Muchiri (Montpellier, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BioShock Infinite (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
The short of it is this...WHAT A GAME!!

I was immersed in the story from start to finish. I could tell you alot of things but then that would be repeating what all other 4 and 5 star reviewers have already said about this game. All I can say is you need a good enough PC to fully enjoy the awesome graphics. That said, I found the game to not be as graphically intensive as BF4 but then it's an older title. Play it, ENJOY IT and not totally did not expect the story to end as it did, ...

4.0 out of 5 stars pc game, 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: BioShock Infinite (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I have played the others in this trilogy takes some getting used to but fun all the same but every enjoyed every minute playing it

5.0 out of 5 stars A Shooter That Will Go Down In History, 18 Feb. 2014
L. Thompson "Thommo" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BioShock Infinite (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Okay I'm going to start this review off by saying that I thought the original BioShock was merely okay, tempted to say overrated, I didn't play BioShock 2 at all, and I didn't pay any attention at all to BioShock Infinite pre release and I kind of wrote it off initially - city in the sky, mechanical hawk called a songbird, relatively simple graphics or so I thought at first from internet videos, and also the fact that I'm not a shooter genre fanatic at all.

But then I got around to actually playing BioShock Infinite...

The first thing that struck me was wow this game is one of the most artistically atmospheric games I've ever played! I got to playing some more and quickly became aware of holy hell this is one of the most gorgeous games I've ever seen! The opening couple of hours of BioShock Infinite I can honestly say is some of the best experiences I've had in gaming - and it's why I play video games. For the experience, immersion, and escapism.

BioShock Infinite has the complete opposite tone and art direction than the original BioShock. But for me it's a much better game. Not that I don't like horror slanted games but BioShock Infinite is equal part an exploration game and equal part shooter.

The setting is just beautiful, no other word to describe it. People bring up the whole games as art debate well you can add this game to Exhibit A. Seeing this game in 1080p max settings running at 60 frames per second is a real treat. And doable on modest hardware too.

The voice acting and storyline is brilliant, the way it's cobbled together and presented it keeps you guessing all the time. From new areas with new stories to be told, to the whole religion/racial oppression aspect, to the weird but brilliant vignettes from the oddball couple who turn up throughout the game crossing your path.

I can honestly say this is one of the best shooters I've ever played, I love shooters which have a point to them that's why I don't play the vast majority of FPS games out there as they tend to be low grade pointless run and gun in my opinion. And they've been done to death. My favourite FPS games are Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Half-Life, Deus EX, the original Medal Of Honour and now BioShock Infinite so that should tell you something about the shooters I like.

So yeah this game is terrific, one of the games of the year last year without question!

I cannot recommend this game highly enough, it simply must be tried. But I can almost guarantee that when you do play it you will not put the controller down for a very long time!

Simply brilliant. No other word describes this game.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's bioshock, nuff said, 8 May 2013
V. Venczel (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BioShock Infinite (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Great game, nice design, awesome world, brings back the bioshock feeling. . . . . . . . . .

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jun. 2014
This review is from: BioShock Infinite (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Package received in good time, item as described, very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Buy it!, 8 Jun. 2014
This review is from: BioShock Infinite (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
One of the best games ever! As i put in the title, just buy it, you won't regret it one bit!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a beautiful game for PC, 20 May 2014
This review is from: BioShock Infinite (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I purchased this game on the Xbox 360 and loved it. After thinking and thinking, I decided to get this game for the PC.

I wasn't sure how well the game would run but I just bought it anyway's. When installed, the game ran perfectly on my machine, here is the spec for reference -
GPU - GTX 660
CPU - FX6300
Memory - 16GB 1600mhz
Windows 8.1
and so so...
Running at a nice 60 fps.

The game look's amazing on the PC, much better than the Xbox 360 version.

BioShock Infinite (PC DVD)
BioShock Infinite (PC DVD) by Take 2 Interactive (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista)