5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and Poetic
Published on 8 Sep 2011 by Julie Clayton

3.0 out of 5 stars Following stories
Published on 24 July 2012 by C. A. Richardson

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and Poetic, 8 Sep 2011
Reading Hidden Treasure gently drops the reader into the very state of consciousness that is being written about: the awareness of Truth. A teaching story about how we resist and react to our circumstances, and Gangaji's own personal stories that are sometimes raw-- always honest--provide a thread of connection for disrobing our personal story of how we define ourselves. With astonishing clarity Gangaji's words illuminate a path to the inner silence where we can experience the unchanging face of our existence. The practice of returning over and again to our core nature is not always easy or pretty, but always worthwhile if we desire lasting inner peace and contentment, we are reminded.

"How can we live lives, which most certainly are stories, and yet not be defined by these stories? We can be free in the story of ourselves, we can live free of any definition of ourselves. That freedom rests on the recognition of the nature of change and changelessness. The changeless is the conscious, silent awareness that is present regardless of any turn of events, regardless of any clothing. If we overlook changeless, silent awareness, we overlook that which is already free of all bondage, free of any definition of freedom."

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and down to earth approach to self inquiry (especially good for "believers"), 10 Mar 2014
The globalisation of information has led to a diarrhea of people and organisations fighting to claim your mind with their view on your Truth.

"Old" belief systems are supplemented by new views and practices which are often just the same old wine but in new bags. In the meantime, many people hop from one belief system to another belief system without ever reaching "the promised land", often times even drifting further away from themselves and their surroundings. I am also talking from my own experience.

It would be easy to dismiss this book because it is written by someone by the name of "Gangaji" (part of a lineage with people with names such as Sri Ramana, Papaji and Mooji). If you can get over that prejudice, this book offers very good news that contains something that may feel very familiar. It contains very specific pointers to self inquiry in a practical and down to earth way and a gripping testimonial of how the writer conducted her own self inquiry. The testimonial is in itself an exposure of traps that all belief systems contain.

This quote reveals in my view what makes this book indeed a Hidden Treasure:
"To truly inquire we must be willing to die for an instant, to release all preconceived notions and opinions of what we need, of what is true, of who we are. At that moment we directly experience that which exists yet needs no definition, no belief, and no defense for its existence".

3.0 out of 5 stars Following stories, 24 July 2012
This was my first encounter with Gangaji. The book describes the never-ending search to find fulfillment and the stories we tell ourselves about ourselves and about our lives. Throughout the book you are following a teaching family and their stories and reactions to life events interwoven with Gangaji`s own life story.I found the final chapter clearer,but prefer Eckhart Tolle`s books on this subject.

5.0 out of 5 stars Treasure in Plain Sight!, 2 Dec 2011
Fred Davis "Fred S. Davis" (Columbia SC USA) - See all my reviews
Writing a positive review for Gangaji is sort of like writing a positive review for BUDDHA, is it not? I mean, is it necessary?? Do we need to know anything other than the fact that Gangaji has a new book out and all we have to do is buy and read it to get Big Benefits? I mean, for real, what can we say about this Wondrous Treasure in Plain Sight that we call Gangaji?

Let's see, how did that story go? Sweet, smart, attractive girl from Mississippi, clearly destined to be just another lost soul somehow slips out of the Deep South of the Wrong Era (this review is being written in South Carolina by a guy in his late fifties, so I was there and I know EXACTLY what it was like) somehow slips out by riding the Great Wave that was the 1960's. From the wild and crazed West Coast she somehow makes it to gentle and crazed India, meets a guru who doesn't try to take advantage of her and actually has The Big Real Thing to offer, and by God, incredibly enough, she discovers her own True Nature!

What did I miss? Oh yes, she comes back to the U.S., has further crashing spiritual experiences, then begins to selflessly bring hope and love and joy to the mad masses all over the world, of which this reviewer was one. She and her organization continue to grow through all the typical mucky-yucky ups and downs of spiritual leadership, but nonetheless, Our Brilliant Treasure in Plain Sight remains a beacon of light and integrity and Awakeness. She becomes very famous in the spiritual community, but remains kind and humble. How do you do THAT?

Have I left anything out? Yes. First of all, Dear Sweet Gangaji, thank you, thank you, thank you! You know what for, you don't need to know who for, for I am You and You are Me and We are All Together! There is just ONE. I Am That.

The other thing is, Gangaji, I almost forgot, is: GREAT BOOK! You've taken people right where they need to go: to THEIR own personal stories! That's where everyone's Key is; that's what the Light is shining on, folks. Dig through the darkness and find that Light. There are a lot of Nondual teachers and writers out there, but none better or more trustworthy than Gangaji. Hop on board the FREEDOM TRAIN!

Fred Davis