Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 June 2013
This is awful. I'm not reviewing Paul Simon's music, that is what it is - the work of a genius - and doesn't need someone like me to describe it.

But the sound quality here. Oh dearie me. Paul Simon is something of an audiophile, and he and his engineer and producer took great pains, in most of their recordings, over a very long career to do the best that they possibly could. And then some cloth-eared imbeciles - and let's name and shame them, since they have put their names on the CD sleeve, they're Dan Hersch and Bill Inglot at Digiprep - have ruined it. Compressed and flattened within an inch of its life, over-eq'd, a travesty. A victim of the "loudness wars" between the record companies.

Avoid at all costs. If you love Paul Simon's music, this really is hard to listen to at anything other than "background noise" levels.

And, bizarrely, Sony have labelled this a "legacy" edition. What sort of legacy, for Paul Simon, is this supposed to be...?
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 April 2014
I have various Paul Simon albums on vinyl with, like many music collectors, nothing to play them on and bought this 2 CD set for a typically great Amazon price as I felt I'd gone too long without some of the tunes. Quite a number of my favourites appear here - though unfortunately not 'I Do It For Your Love' which is arguably my number one Paul Simon song - and there are predictably a few tracks from the excellent 'Graceland'. Some reviews suggested that the sound quality is not great; I accept this may well be the case but I'm no technician. It is possible that the way some of the tracks has been engineered was not the way Simon intended and if so, this is a great pity and really not on as every listener - technician or not - should have the opportunity to hear these songs as their author intended. To my ears, the sound is not nearly as bad as certain reviews may have suggested and will certainly do as the in-car entertainment that was the basis of my reason to purchase. New to Paul Simon? - I think better compilations exist. Try to track one down which the man himself has approved.
on 11 June 2013
I have ripped this album to play it on my MP3 player. The sound quality is awful. It's not my ripping. I know this because I have ripped most of my collection of 200+ albums on it, all recorded perfectly.
on 5 December 2013
What a brilliant collection of songs.I've always liked Paul Simon,both as a solo artist and as part of the Simon and Garfunkel,duet.This will be a great addition to my CD collection.
on 25 June 2013
Great price for a double cd to replace my vinyl Paul Simon. Some good tracks I hadn't previously heard. Would recommend.
on 15 August 2013
Here is a fine collection of Paul Simons work.Every track is a classic with not a dud in sight.When you listen to the collection you realise what a great songwriter paul is.Each track is a work of artistry buy this cd and enrich you music listening
on 22 October 2013
What great value for a huge amount of songs.OK not all of them are great but some are vert memorable.My own favourites are Mother and child reunion/Slip slidin away and the superb You can call me Al.Great value for money.
on 31 May 2016
Admit I haven't paid much attention to Paul Simon for many years, but picked this up after seeing him on a recent showing of Jools Holland's Later and it reminded just how good a songwriter he has been over the years.
on 23 October 2013
I forgot how good paul simon is, I heard kodachrome on 8tracks and thought what a great song and bought this album on the strength of that, really pleased with other songs on cd
on 20 February 2014
A good collection with wide range of songs. Sound quality was fine despite other negative reviews. If you like Paul Simon then buy it!