5.0 out of 5 stars BIFFY ROCK!
Like the previous reviewer, I was also at this Wembley show and the previous one at Hammersmith Apollo. It's quite amazing how the band has grown in the past few months and it was pretty clear at the Hammersmith gig that they would rapidly outgrow such a small venue. And sure enough they were ready for an Arena tour within a matter of months.

They absolutely...
Published on 3 July 2011 by RockchickMaz

3.0 out of 5 stars Live the Biff
Good live CD/DVD set, containing mostly live tracks from the excellent Only Revolution and Puzzle albums. I love the audience particpation / sing-a-longs, which adds to the atmosphere of the Wembley recordings. It could so easily have been just be a live greatest hits type thing, which I wouldn't have wanted. The DVD is quite good, but the jump-cuts make it difficult to...
Published on 29 Nov 2011 by Gerald

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars BIFFY ROCK!, 3 July 2011

They absolutely rocked Wembley Arena and knew exactly how to get the crowd going! Their raw energy is captivating and despite jumping around the stage Simon holds every note.

Of course their popularity has sky-rocketed since the release of 'Puzzle' but check out the earlier stuff too. Although it's not so radio-friendly you can hear the trademark catchy hooks coming through already.

Recommend this CD/DVD set 100%... Biffy are about to explode worldwide in a BIG way!

5.0 out of 5 stars A band at the very top of their form, 28 Jun 2011
I was at this gig and in 35 years of seeing bands, this was the best single gig I've ever been to. Biffy are an unparalleled combination of energy, musicianship, interesting time-signatures and, above all, killer, killer songs. They were great at the Hammersmith Apollo a few months previously but at this, their first headlining Wembley show, they were on unbelievable form. I was absolutely stoked when I heard they were going to release the lot as a CD/DVD package; I ordered it immediately.

Well the postman called an hour or so ago and listening to the CD now, it's everything I remembered and more. This documents a band at the very top of the tree (a summit that most have no hope of reaching); immaculately crafted songmanship combined with incredible dynamism. The energy coming off this CD is phenomenal and the song selection leaves nothing out. For those of you used to Only Revolutions and Puzzle, have a listen to "57" and the incredible "Justboy" from further back in their catalogue - they're everybit just as good.

I've not penned an Amazon Review before but Biffy forced me to. Can't wait to see the DVD...

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly Brilliant!, 24 July 2011
David Leigh (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
So far this year I've been rather consumed by live music. So it would have taken an apocalyptic event to prevent me buying this album. As a fan of Biffy Clyro but not one that's been around them long enough to know of their earlier songs I'd say this is an essential purchase for anyone looking to get to know Biffy.

As the title of the CD suggests it's packed with songs from the most recent album. A great intro for a set with 'The Captain' followed by two more heavy songs in 'Boom, Blast and Ruin' & '57'. Then 4 more tracks from Only Revolutions to lead up to one of my favourites in 'All The Way Down'. The flow of the setlist is perfect and by the time I'd reached Who's Got a Match this had already been sealed for me as utterly brilliant... and that's before I'd watched the show.

I made sure I sat down and watched the DVD in one go (which is really well shot btw). There is also a bonus T in the Park performance with behind the scenes snippets. After watching/listening to this I went back and made sure I got myself Biffy's earlier work. I liked them before his but I can honestly say they're now one of my favourite bands around.

I'd recommend this not only to the fans of Biffy Clyro but to anyone interested in getting to know their work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Gig From Biffy..., 22 July 2011
As an avid Biffy fan I bought this as soon as it came out, it was a no brainer really. The last time I seen them live was in 2006 at the Glasgow Wah Wah Hut & it was an extremely good show.

There first 3 albums were absolutely brilliant & made them a well known act in around Scotland in addition to their many T in the Park performances. There last 2 albums have been ace too however their early stuff is the best, you should check it out.

Onto this album, live from Wembley, it was always going to be awesome. Never have I seen a Scottish band like Biffy take the world by storm they way they have, a fantastic set list & an unbelievable performance. Opening with The Captain is always a brilliant way to get started as that drumming noise really gets the crowd excited.

They play all the hits including my all time favourites 57 & Machines, two of the greatest songs I have ever heard from a Scottish band in my life.

I would definitely recommend this to any Biffy fan or any fan of good music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album Great Band!, 11 Mar 2014
Great album from a great band and really good to hear my favorite tracks live with great sound production. Mon the Biff

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Nov 2013
A great modern band producing a great sound. Their sound really does translate into the live environment, probably better than the studio sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars live rock music at its finest., 25 Sep 2013
A fantastic live album from the most exciting rock band of this decade. Buffy have issued many albums and have developed into a polished live act. Hard and catchy guitar rifts mixed with poignant classic acoustic ballads make this a stunning live album. Raw vocal performance and edgy guitar play mixed with a classic drum line makes this very enjoyable. A perfect live album to introduce you to Biffy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy It!!!, 9 Jan 2013
Unbelieveably good live show, really well directed and some great slo-motion shots of the action. After watching this I am now on a mission to own every Biffy Album there is...

The sound quality on this dvd is brilliant, and I would go as far to say this is one of, if not THEE best - live show dvd i have ever seen!!!! Well worth the money, absolute bargain - cd and a dvd for such a small price.

If you love Biffy, you will LOVE THIS... You HAVE to buy it!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mon the Biff !, 3 Jan 2013
Absolutely love this DVD /CD inexpensive and very pleasing came within 3 days excellent service
Cannot wait for the new album later this month

5.0 out of 5 stars a great live album, 2 Jan 2013
i don't own any biffy clyro albums but i love live music, this recording is very good, realistic as if you were there. a very good purchase xx

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›