5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try
Published on 27 April 2012 by missw

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent natural product, doesn't taste great
Published on 13 Mar 2012 by Sarah

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent natural product, doesn't taste great, 13 Mar 2012
This review is from: Good Chocolate Gym Shake with Hemp Protein 1kg (Personal Care)
I like how natural this product is and I like the idea of hemp protein, but it just doesn't taste great! I've tried the original and strawberry hemp by this brand in the past and the only way I could use this was to hide it in food. I've tried this shake mixed with both water and soya milk and sorry to say but I'll be sticking with soya isolate in future. It's just not drinkable. If you've got a strong stomach - go for it. If not - avoid! Will battle through to use this tub as to not waste money, but won't buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try, 27 April 2012
I've been using flavoured Whey proteins for a few years but now I want to move to more natural products and so I found this chocolate flavour Hemp Shake. With my first initial taste I thought it was gross and did not think I would be able to keep it down! However, I kept on trying and now I am used to the taste and I actually like it. I've made protein bars from it with oats, honey/cocunut oil and I also sprinkle it on my porrige oats in the morning and just add dash of ginger/cinnamon and honey and its lovely. I have one large shake made with water first thing every morning. If you struggle with the taste, start off with smaller amounts and build it up until you are used to it. For something you are consuming daily I believe the benefits of a more natural product outweigh the usual whey protein derived from Milk etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chocolate Hempy goodness!, 8 July 2014
I don't get the poor reviews, i really rate it. I use one scoop twice a day mixed with one scoop of the raw hemp. I have had really good results working out 2-3 times a week. I prefer the Gym shake over the muscle shake and take pure creatine instead of getting it mixed in with the muscle shake. I would recommend. I like the taste too(choc).

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 11 Feb 2014
I've used the original hemp protein for around 6 months had no issue with it in smoothies but tasted a bit too earthy with just milk(almond). I thought I'd try the chocolate and really wasn't expecting much, but 1st day blitzd it with milk and 2 bannanas and was pleasantly surprised. I would advise anyone to give hemp protein a try!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 24 Sep 2013
I was all for trying a natural plant -based protein powder to use between meals, or before and after the gym. This is the most discusting thing I've ever put in my mouth, it also has a texture like fine sand which also makes you gag! I'm going to have to find a way to hide this in food or with orange juice..

1.0 out of 5 stars Seal broken, twice!, 9 Jun 2013
At first I hated the taste it BUT after a few days it's you get used to it and it's quite nice.Not great but ten times better then the pure hemp powder.

I can't digest whey protein well and this shake gives me zero issues in that department. That's what counts for me because if you just want a tasty whey shake, go for N-large as it tastes delicious with any milk but I suffer the next day and I can't be getting much benefits.

I will be reordering this product for sure!

EDITED to one start as the last 2 have their seal broken! I'll change back once this is fixed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick., 12 Feb 2013
I prefer Hemp Protein because it's all natural rather than protien such as Whey. It also has further benefits with the addition of Omega 3 which helps promote a healthy brain. Definitely a good buy & looking to purchasing more in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mix it with pure orange juice, 28 July 2012
AS the title says, mix it with pure orange juice, masks the taste very well, after a few weeks you'll be used to it, worth it for what you get out of it.

3.0 out of 5 stars good product but, 12 Jun 2012
it arrived with the inner seal broken. I am desperate to get going with the product so used it anyway but may not reorder because of this, and would alert others as well. Product seems fine though. It is a strange taste compared to many protein powders so you have to want the health benefits and natural appeal of hemp!

3.0 out of 5 stars shake, 11 Jun 2012
I read up on the product and also read the reviews and the taste is awful - it takes some getting used to. I havnt been able to finish the contents. One person said to add stuff to disguise the taste. I added cinnamon which did help. All in all I realise the contents have good properties but the taste needs to be worked on - surely the company has someone who advises them on that issue and adjusts it??

Good Chocolate Gym Shake with Hemp Protein 1kg