4.0 out of 5 stars Top Saving on a quality product
The quality of this laptop is never in doubt, and what makes this the perfect deal for me is the saving of 1p, making this laptop even more buyable.
Published 5 months ago by Chris Davies

1.0 out of 5 stars rip off
why pay 4,000 when you can pay 2,899 including postage and VAT from the dell website. thats even the top notch alienware laptop

[...]

save yourself 1,100
Published 8 months ago by sharkpoint1111

1.0 out of 5 stars rip off, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Dell Alienware M18x Gaming Laptop (Intel i7-2920XM, RAM 16GB DDR3, HDD 1.5TB SATA, 2GB HD6970M Crossfire, Blu Ray DVDRW, Windows 7 Ultimate) (Personal Computers)

[...]

save yourself 1,100

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay Away, 5 Aug 2013
This item arrived quickly, but I was sent a second hand one, that no memory or ram, or windows installed. Stay well away, and buy from Dell instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Top Saving on a quality product, 26 Oct 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 18 Nov 2012
I bought this after buying an Alienware desktop - I've always liked the looks of Alienware computers and after buying the desktop I saw one of these going for less than half price and I just couldn't afford not to buy it.

Compared to the desktop, it has to be said it doesn't run a whole lot slower, and I'm really not just saying that. It runs Crysis at max resolution and detects the system as high-spec, and the screen moves as fast as you can move the mouse - it's incredibly impressive for a laptop.

Battery life is also pretty amazing - I can get almost 4 hours out of a full charge at the moment, which compared to a Macbook Pro's 2 hours is unbelievable.

I paid 1,600 for mine - I think that was probably the most I was comfortable paying, I know these are going for 3.500 brand new and I think that is way too high - especially as you can get a fully blown Aurora ALX desktop for a LOT less.

The only problem I've encountered so far is a problem with Alienrespawn - the built-in drive had a problem vefifying the created disk, I thought using an external burner would solve the problem but I had the same problems with that - so it's obviously a problem with the software - it worked eventually but it was an unexpected problem.

I also wasn't keen on the way I had to pay out AGAIN to unlock the full version of Alienrespawn - which I think is a complete rip-off after paying to unlock the full version on my Aurora system.

I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars PHENOMENAL!, 27 Jan 2013
Had mine a year now. Paid 4,600 for it which I know is a lot but I'm on the road most of my life so a desktop wasn't an option.

Core i7 2960XM
Twin 256gb ssd's in Raid 0
Twin Amd 6990's
8Gb 1600Mhz Ram

What a machine! I can run crysis 2 on ultra settings with no problem. Because of the SSD's the boot time is seconds from pressing the power button to launching my browser. True you can buy a desktop with better performance for a third of the price but if you need mobility (I mean car to hotel and back to car.... don't try and carry this any distance, it's really heavy)I don't think anything on the market comes close to this, especially the build quality. It's built like a tank!

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 2 Oct 2012
Avoid at all costs, this is just a rip off at this price. It is most probably overpriced by 2k.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXTREME, 2 Sep 2012
POWERFUL, BUILT LIKE A TANK, CAN HANDLE INFINITE NUMBER OF PROGRAMS OPEN AT ONCE, FANTASTIC OVERALL, BOOTUP TIME COULD BE A BIT BETTER BUT BASED ON ALL THE OTHER FACTORS, FIVE STAR!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 26 Jun 2012
LadyJo "LadyJo" (Newcastle Upon Tyne) - See all my reviews
AMAZING ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! THE BEST LAPTOP EVER BUILT STRONG AND POWERFUL FOR GAMING I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS GAMING LAPTOP FOR GAMERS

ARRAY(0xaf5d00a8)