on 20 December 2014
I've tried Sub Sport warm tights (very good for the price), 2XU tights (look amazing, but lacking features), Under Armour Cold Gear tights (never seem to fit right) and the others in between. These Skins S400 tights are pricey but ultimately worth it.
They come in an awesome box, the kinda box you want to display. When you take them out they look too small to fit. But they stretch very well and with a bit of a wiggle (you can't just stick your leg in and pull these up like jeans, you have to inch them up like your misses puts on her tights) you get an amazing second skin fit. They feel like warm, cosy, elasticy and supportive hugs around your entire lower body. They prove excellent compression without being at all restrictive. When I wear these I feel like I known exactly where my legs are, which sounds odd but its like you're getting extra body-brain feedback.
The outside of the waistband has the word Skins in a pattern of silicon. This helps to keep tops from riding up or outerwear from slipping down. The seams are well made and placed perfectly. Clearly some planning and Science has gone into these.
I can't help feel a bit like ive have a body upgrade when I'm in these. Like I've been allowed access to Tony Stark's Ironman base layer.
The inside is slightly brushed and warm while the outside is matt and smooth.
Make sure you stick to the Skins Size Guide, don't use your own judgement. I fit exactly in the middle of a size bracket so I find these are like the ultimate second skin fit. Its weird as it like your not wearing anything expect at the same time you are more aware of your entire lower body, its hard to explain until you've worn them.
The Skins FAQ says these can be worn as outer or under wear. As underwear they are excellent under normal trousers as they glide easily. They have a thoughtfully designed male area at the front. They support and cup your man area without squashing them flat against you. Very clever planning by Skins.
As for wearing these as outerwear, do consider that they are very form fitting and are like a second skin, if you're confident about your body then these are fine as outerwear.
I have done 10km in these in -1c in the British windy winter weather. I wore these, the S400 mock neck top, a technical form fitting summer tshirt, lightweight shoes and gloves. I didn't feel the cold or wind particularly, except my face and ears. It was nice to be able to training in winter without loads of layers or bulky items.

In conclusion: The Skins S400 long tights are a well designed, man supporting, compression tight made with excellent fabric. They look Pro when on and come with a years Skins Guarantee.
on 19 January 2014
Was pleasantly surprised with delivery time as other reviewers had experienced problems. Can feel the compression but still comfortable enough to ski in all day
on 9 February 2014
Best base layer ever been made for ski and snow boarding, u won't be disappointed .....
Make this ur base layer
on 3 January 2013
Kept me warm on the coldest of days and cool on the warmer of days. Excellent piece of kit and recommended!
on 23 October 2013
These skins are of extremely good quality & my husband is looking forward to wearing them, when he goes skiing. Would recommend! Thank you.