Size: Small|Colour: Black Yellow|Change

on 10 September 2013
Bought for ageing muscles and the impending winter.

I'm a keen runner (strictly recreational) and run around 3 to 4 days a week. I run all year round so was hoping for something that didn't make me look ridiculous and also felt as if my legs were actually getting some compression as well as some protection from the cold. Pleased to say these do just that. I am 5' 10" and a 32" waist and these fit great. Took them out the other day and after a mile or so of getting used to not seeing any flesh whatsoever beneath me I forgot they were on. When i finished (10K) and peeled them off my legs were toasty warm and that annoying tight hamstring I seem to have had for ages really did appreciate it.

Mind at my age (46) it's when you can't feel anything you have to worry.

They are a bit pricey but I suppose I you get what you pay for. They make outrageous claims on the the blurb that comes with them, only falling short of actually claiming they will run for you but, hey, I am not a pro/club runner so probably not really aimed at impressing me.

They are a lovely material and feel very well made. In fact I will probably go back in for another pair once we get to the real biting winds stage.

Recommended if you take your running semi-seriously and like me will get out in all weathers. I might be slow but I'm keen. That's what I tell everyone anyway.

Cheers for reading

John
33 comments|63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 July 2015
Recommended size, specified at body height / weight ratio :( this is the original size recommendation of the company SKINS)

Size S (Small ) Body Height : 5'3" to 5'11" Body Weight : 126 lb to 159 lbs
Body Height : 5'11" to 6'1" Body Weight : 132 lb to 159 lbs

Size M (Medium) Body Height : 5'3" to 6'5" Body Weight : 161 lb to 187 lbs
Body Height : 6'1" to 6'7" Body Weight : 165 lb to 205 lbs

Size L (Large) Body Height : 5'3" to 6'1" Body Weight : 187 lb to 216 lbs
Body Height : 6'1" to 6'7" Body Weight : 203 lb to 234 lbs

Size XL (XLarge) Body Height : 5'3" to 6'1" Body Weight : 225 lb to 258 lbs
Body Height : 6'1" to 6'7" Body Weight : 236 lb to 269 lbs

The Australian Sportswear manufacturer SKINS is without question, one of the leader in compression garment. I run for many years with these compression tights and am completely convinced of quality and functionality. About the meaning and purpose of compression garment, I would like here not comment, but I personally have had a good experience. I recommend everyone give it a try.
My experience with the A200 Tights are following. The tights are year-round wear. They are wind resistant and dry very quickly after exercise. Rain is not a problem, your body remains warm.
The only complaint is the waistband for me. It could be wider and more comfortable. If you tuck in a shirt, it (the waistband) slips down constantly. As for fit, SKINS A400 are to be preferred.
The fabric of the A200 is slightly thicker than that of the A400 tights, thus it is more difficult to put it on.
The A400 is better and my recommendation therefore THREE stars.
on 14 January 2013
Helped with the lactic acid build up and do keep you warm on cold mornings. I'm 6'1 with a waist of around 32" so I went for the medium and they fit as good as you can get without causing discomfort... However I would say that a previous comment is spot on with "lunchbox" statement so just be aware if you feel a little uncomfortable about how you may look to the public... Gives me nice buns so I've been told lol.
on 21 June 2015
These are extremely expensive, even on sale AND with a voucher I paid about 36 quid for them... and the problem arises if you're between two sizes on their size guide as I am - right on the border line between medium and large. The website advises you to buy the smaller size if this is the case. This makes for a VERY snug fit. Which obviously is fine as they are compression pants, but... how to put this... they do not have a great deal of room in the area most special to a gentlemen. Whereas the much cheaper sub rx pants have an extra panel er... there... these do not. So my advice is if you're on the border and value the comfort of certain parts... buy the bigger size. Or don't buy them. They work fine for running, just wouldn't attempt sudden lunges!
on 5 November 2015
I wrote a review on the Skins A200 Mens compression half tights - as I have both. The half tights are great - I described as superb. Shame they don't have a pocket - which is the only issue I have with these tights too. But thats a minor flaw.

These tights are superb, the compression really does help me on longer runs. I suffer with calf cramps and I have torn my calf on 30km runs and so far these (along with some decent physio) have helps fatiguing muscles stay cramp free. They also help take the edge off of the cold mornings but I feel like my legs can still breathe if that makes sense?? I think thats something most runners can understand.

The bottom of the tights and the waist line is grippy so they dont ride up or fall down. They are tough wearing and have survived some nasty runs and events through rough terrain.

I would definitely recommend these and re-buy them. Sure they are not cheap - but you get what you pay for.

Retained 5 stars due to compression aspect on the calf muscles.
on 4 July 2014
Arrive very quickly, my husband used them for the London to Brighton walk 65 miles in 30 hours. He said they really made a difference.
on 28 October 2012
good product very comfy but no major improvement on recovery after wearing them but fit well and and kept me warm.
on 25 February 2014
Without doubt the most comfortable leggings I have ever run in.
I am 6'2" and 12 stone and was right on the edge of medium and large I went for the large, the medium would have been better for compression but they feel great.
on 31 March 2014
compression tights leggings, excellent for intensive exercise, reduce muscle pain and very cheap compare to market price, so why not buying them!!!
on 23 November 2011
I recently ran the Ceasers Camp 100 mile ultra... i only had 3.5 weeks training and was looking for any help that i could get. I decided i would try Skins(A200) and hope for the best. On race day i found them to be comfortable and kept my legs nice and warm, although a little revealing (wearing shorts is a definite with these). I ran for 26 hours with no discomfort and they seemed to become better the longer i ran for. I washed them as soon as i got home and wore them the day after to aid in recovery (as advised by skins). I suffered no muscle, connective tissue or tendon pains in my legs.

I highly recommend these to anyone who actively seeks to train for longer and recover faster..

Ron Sanders