Edition: Standard EditionChange

Online is amazing
on 21 September 2014
Grandson loved it
on 25 November 2012
To sum up the game, its glossy, more difficult and Halo fans should buy it. Being glossy is good as it makes it look ultra modern and colourful, something black ops 2 has started doing. Halo 4 is more difficult because the player does not have as much ammo and the enemy are more difficult to kill in most cases. Halo Reach had that glossy feel and Halo 4 continues to put them ahead of other games in their ultra modern gloss ,plus the guns are better. Having bought almost all the Halo games, this is one of the best.
Ok so this may be a little premature as I have only gotten to around half way through the Campaign. However I've been playing it with my son in Co-Op mode and I can say it is great fun. Some things have changed but mostly for the better. There's new weapons and vehicles, new enemies to battle and the controls have become smoother to the point where I was really enjoying playing. It's been 10 years I think since the original Halo and my young son who's now a teenager user to regularly blow us both up with sticky grande misuse. Luckily there are no sticky grenades thus far but there are some diffrent type. There's a good selection of different environments/maps while playing in Campaign and lots of other things to keep you interested.
Ok some bad points? Well the story is a little cheesy and weak. Cortana has had a bit of a sexy makeover (although is that a bad thing?) and she's closer to the chief to the point where you're wondering if they're going to get a room.
All in all though it's been great fun playing, I feel it's made a significant improvement on the game franchise and I think things are simpler and clearer. I got to the point with the last HALO where I wasn't sure what I was suppossed to be doing or where the sotiry was going.
There's also been no mega moments or tension builders ... yet !
By that I mean who doesn't remember the encounter with the popcorn FLOOD for the first time when your back was to the wall in the prison room and you could hear the FLOOD banging to come in.
all in all ...if you want a great game then buy it
If you like HALO ... buy it.
In short... Buy it. It certainly made the XBOX360 come alive for me again.
on 29 January 2016