5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 14 Jan. 2013
M. Wood - See all my reviews
This is great book. Very practical and easy to understand. It talks about the different ways of interacting and it helps you to identify how you approach conflict. And you recognise how others work too. It's a very useful self help book and I recommend it highly. I borrowed it from the library initially but was so impressed I bought my own copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 2 Mar. 2014
Great book, have recommended it to others and they have not been disappointed. It goes much further than other books that tackle the subject of assertiveness yet often miss the point. It focuses on self expression and looks at the beliefs that prevent us from doing do in a way that preserves the things we care about. Easy to read, simple to understand and it works.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 1 April 2009
Morticia DeCat "Irena Bee" (Atherstone Warwickshire UK) - See all my reviews
Very good book, informative, helpful excercises, perhaps the only slight negative is that it is a little hard going, but if you are training people to be more assertive, it is a good tool to have. Make sure you give yourself time to read through it before you decide how you want to do the exercises. I found it useful and helpful in my field of training.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, love it, 15 April 2013
The author writes in a very down-to-earth way. The book a great practical guide for learning why I have behaved passively in the past and taught me better ways to approach life, people and situations. The techniques are simple but effective. I am very glad I found this book :)

5.0 out of 5 stars top notch book, 19 Mar. 2012
I have been on various courses in my working life and assertiveness often comes up. We get a quick run down of "I have the right to say no... change my mind ... ask for more time" etc. This book, on the other hand is the first really thorough walk-thu of what skills you need to practice and how to use them. In my job as workplace counsellor, I recommend it regularly. People need assertiveness in the worplace, and nearly all of us could benefit from revisiting these ideas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book and content - worth it!, 27 July 2014
Miss Nina Lal "Bookfeign" (London) - See all my reviews
Great book very insightful but bad quality from seller. Has writing in it and scruffy.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 10 Nov. 2009
I have enjoyed reading and working through this book. I guess it is one of those that will be picked up again off the shelf at some point

4.0 out of 5 stars Yet another Assertiveness Workbook...., 21 July 2013
Book in good condition but a little disappointed with it as I'd hoped for some fresh ideas but just the usual CBT stuff!