5.0 out of 5 stars Love the books on the black dahlia

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting take on an unsolved case
Published 8 months ago by M. Noar

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the books on the black dahlia, 16 May 2013
Mrs. A. J. Collop "bookworm" (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
I first started to read about this tragic young lady last year with Severed,the book shocked me,but i found i couldnt put it down.Since then i have bought every book and dvd regarding this unsolved case,but every book tells a different story of her character.So i suppose you have to decide which personality you believe.This one after reading the rest,doesnt ring true with the kind of young lady she was,but is still readable,and deepens the mystery of why she was murdered so horrifically.

4.0 out of 5 stars Angel in Black, 6 May 2014
This review is from: Angel in Black (Nathan Heller Novels) (Kindle Edition)
It is mainly about Nathan Helier a private detective helping out a reporter of The Examiner.They were at the scene of of the crime of a young woman naked and cut in half,but no blood anywhere. But that is only the beginning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series, my favourite to date!, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Angel in Black (Nathan Heller Novels) (Kindle Edition)
I love Nathan Heller! His character is so well written and the historical setting is vividly recreated. I happened upon this author by chance and read three books one after the other, would certainly recommend this book. Great read, well crafted storyline and authentic characters, thoroughly engaging and enjoyable. This book is my favourite, but all the ones I have read are well written. I thought knowing some of the history about this murder would make the book lack suspense, but that was not the case at all, thanks to the superb writing and fiction and non fiction inter woven seamlessly.

4.0 out of 5 stars captivating, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Angel in Black (Nathan Heller Novels) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, it has made me want to read more of Max Allen Collins books it kept me interested all the way through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Angel in Black (Nathan Heller Novels) (Kindle Edition)
Wasn't sure whether this was based on fact or not but definitelygives food for thought whether they got the killer. Like to think they did. Has encouraged me to rrsearchbackground to the case.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting take on an unsolved case, 19 Nov 2013
M. Noar - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angel in Black (Nathan Heller Novels) (Kindle Edition)
I am very mixes about this book. It is a good concept and theory but the writing irritated me. It was too far fetched that one person would have so many conacts and access to all these big names. All the women were either sex objects or victims, the cops were all stupid or corrupt and the journalists all scruffy and without morals. A bit like a verbal caricature but it kept me distracted in a shallow way during an otherwise busy few days

5.0 out of 5 stars Research, reality and all the one liners you'll ever need, 18 Nov 2013
Aidan Walker "Aidan" (Fulking, West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Angel in Black (Nathan Heller Novels) (Kindle Edition)
I'm so pleased I found this guy, can't get enough. Started with 'True Detective', where Nate Heller gets mixed up with John Dillinger, and now I'm in 1947 Los Angeles and the famous case of the Black Dahlia, who James Ellroy has also visited. Collins' ability to stitch real people and events together with his fictional PI in the middle is immensely impressive and enjoyable, a real lift in crime writing –and Lord knows, at about 3 crime novels a week, I need it. Can't recommend highly enough. Like Chandler only with real historical facts and figures. And a lot more sex.

3.0 out of 5 stars Angel in Black ( Nathan Heller ), 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: Angel in Black (Nathan Heller Novels) (Kindle Edition)
Didn't read it all as my Kindle Fire was playing up and kept passind blank pages so I gave up....what I did read was OK but slow going

Angel in Black (Nathan Heller Novels)
3.49