5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer
Bought the printer today so can not say anything about long term performance.

Published on 5 Feb. 2012 by smaluk

2.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable Ink Usage !!!
First, the good things:
- We had no problems setting it up
- Wireless printing is good / easy
- Intuitive to use - scanning, copying & maintenance straight forward
- Print Quality, inc photos, pretty good
- We found speed of printing better than Which? review suggests

Now the Bad:
- BLIMEY, DOES THIS PRINTER EAT INK OR WOT...
Published on 20 Aug. 2012 by Namyreve

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer, 5 Feb. 2012
This review is from: HP Deskjet 3070 A Colour Multifunctional Printer (Personal Computers)
Bought the printer today so can not say anything about long term performance.

However I love it already. The set up was easy ( after second try ). And the wireless works like a charm. Printing quality seems excellent. The feeder takes the paper without problems ( my old canon printer which was taking the paper from the top was so annoying and you had to fiddle around all the time until you could even print a damn page)

Very easy to handle ( I am a woman ). Was looking for a front feeder which takes away much less space if you want to hide the printer somewhere or have it in a shelf. I also like the size of it( not too big) and the overall looks ( those pure black printers are too notorious for my taste and they are dust collectors).
The printer does not feel flimsy and looks rather `` expensive``. ( of course the most beautiful printer right now seems to be the HP ``envy`` which of course is way too expensive for my taste.

Some people say that it is loud- didn`t realize this. Sounded normal to me... Ah, and the email printing is so cool, as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased with this printer, 6 July 2012
ElaineG (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
We bought this printer a week or so ago to use with a pc and two laptops on a home network, the main reason being that we wanted a wireless set up so that the kids could use to print their homework, which seems to account for most of the printing we do at home.

The item arrived and I was able to set it up to run on all three machines in no time at all. The only hiccup we had was that when the machine was first switched on it couldn't pick up the router wirelessly, we had to use the option to connect it via USB to the printer to find the router for the first time. Since then, it has worked perfectly.

Having had a number of fairly low cost printers over the years, I have to say I was very impressed with the print quality. Very acceptable indeed, nice crisp colours and photo reproduction is excellent.

Copy and scan functions work perfectly, printing time is very fast indeed. There is also a "quick form" option - which appears to consist of things like daily planners that you can print off and use, as well as sudoko and maze grids.

Software includes HP Photo Creations which is really just Snapfish by another name, although there are a few nice little printing projects such as desk calendars which you can use free of charge.

The email print option works fine - we have registered the printer and added its email address to two phones and have had no problem at all emailing photos to the printer for automatic printing.

With regard to paper, again I cant fault it at all - it picks up the paper effortlessly. We have one batch of cheapo paper here, which other printers sniffed at and spat out with no intention of picking up whatsoever - this printer just takes it and prints like a dream.

With regard to ink levels, I know I am on the set up cartridges at the moment, but after a week of over the top "let's see what this looks like" printing, having checked the ink level status, levels don't seem to have gone down at all since when it was first installed.

To sum up, for what we need to use the printer for, mainly homework and letters, it is absolutely spot on and highly recommended.

Edit 6th August 2012: Have been using the printer on a regular basis for a month now and still really pleased with it. Still cannot comment on the ink cartridges as we are still on the first set, although we are printing something every day it seems at the moment.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable Ink Usage !!!, 20 Aug. 2012
First, the good things:
- We had no problems setting it up
- Wireless printing is good / easy
- Intuitive to use - scanning, copying & maintenance straight forward
- Print Quality, inc photos, pretty good
- We found speed of printing better than Which? review suggests

Now the Bad:
- BLIMEY, DOES THIS PRINTER EAT INK OR WOT !!!!!! We've needed to print quite a bit of colour recently & have been getting through cartridges at breakneck speed. We bought this one to replace an older photo printer, also a Which? best buy & one that Which? described as expensive to run. This printer, purportedly a budget option, gets through ink at a far, far, FAR faster rate & is very, very, VERY expensive to run, none of which comes up in Which?'s review.
- Printer is very noisy. So much so that, as it is in our small office, you cannot print, if someone is on the phone - you have to leave room to be able to hear call.

All in all, quite disappointed in this printer.

1.0 out of 5 stars DONT DO IT, 7 Oct. 2013
My warranty ran out exactly 1 month and 6 days ago. Here is the tale of woe that occurred with this printer:

While at first the printer worked fine, I have just been on a four hour hell ride trying to fix it. Constant paper jams eventually leading to a non-stop 'turn off and on again error' that I fixed by sheer luck has left me in a state where I need the "set-up" cartridges that came with the printer or my printer will not work - PLEASE NOTE HP do not tell you you need to keep these, so like everyone else on the internet with the same problem, I used them like regular cartridges, threw them away and am now stuck.

HP SUPPORT DOES NOT RECOGNISE THIS PRINTER. To report an error (without paying) you have to first select the printer system (easy right? no!) THIS printer doesn't show in ANY of their printer lists!!!! And the only way to buy these Set up cartridges is by bloody HP Support contact - and the once in a blue moon Ebay seller - so I am quite literally STUCK and ridiculously out of pocket.

I URGE you not to buy this product. Get ANY OTHER PRINTER. In fact, go down a different route and just get something other than HP because to be quite honest their customer support service is just awful and their products eat up ink like a three days starved lion.

If you think I'm just trolling the product and HP, feel free to contact me and I'll quite happily show you the screenshots of my printer failing and the warranty identification software I downloaded from their site freezing my computer. DO. NOT. BUY. IT.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, 8 Mar. 2013
D. Richards - See all my reviews
Yes, it has all the nice features that other people have written about, but it also has the bad features, such as the stupid flimsy paper tray. All this would be OK for low-volume domestic use, but the worst thing is that having had it almost exactly one year to the day, the black ink just stopped printing. I spent a load of money buying replacement cartridges of two different types and spent loads of wasted time running diagnostics (which are useless) and downloading new drivers, but all to no avail. So after hours of frustration, I have given up and ordered a new HP 2510 today. I just hope it's a bit more reliable, but it might be another year before I find out. And to add to the annoyance, I have four spare colour cartridges which are now good for nothing, plus three black cartridges which were probably discarded needlessly. All of this ink and the printer will go into landfill - what a waste and what damage to the environment.

3.0 out of 5 stars thought I had a great printer- NOT so with the inks!!, 25 May 2012
I was so pleased with this printer, I found it easy to set up... it just seemed to connect to everything and off I went...Bought it from Curry's...was a little bit annoyed when I told the sales assistant that the offer I had bought it online including a full set of free inks, he did not realise...but would have to refund me the whole price then charge me again, then add the free inks...the re-fund would take 3 days...I did not have the spare cash in the bank to do that !!....I included the 2 year parts ect...THEN soon it ran out of black ink, no problems I had bought an extra set...so in it went...then it ran out again...my hubby searched high and low for copies but did not find any...so bought another full set of inks, because he could not find just the black...THIS time I counted the number of sheets... disgustingly only got 58 then it ran out. PS of course I cleanedHP E-3070A Deskjet All-In-One the heads....I am taking it back...so watch this space...

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this thing!, 17 Sept. 2012
Printing anything with more than 1 page is an absolute nightmare with this thing, because every time you try to print it just goes "Out of paper" no matter how carefully you try to load the tray or how many sheets you use. You literally have to push the sheets in, and then they have a very good chance of getting jammed inside the machine.

The ink consumption is also something incredible, after a few dozen pages of fighting with the paper feed mechanism you're out of ink.

Also, I haven't seen a scanning software without a preview option in about 20 years, but here it is. If you're unfortunate enough to have bought this product, stick with the Windows Fax & Scan software, it's a million times better.

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless piece of junk!, 20 April 2015
Warning please do not buy this printer...its a bag of bob!
I was really pleased with it when I first received it, quick and easy to set up wirelesssly even for a technophobe like me. It printed scanned and copied as it should....great.
It is now approx 3 yrs old and not over used and has only had proper bona fide HP ink cartridges inserted in it, it has decided not to print any black, will not copy, so basically buggered.
Started to print hit and miss and all inks were showing as low so at a cost of £22 put in a full set, what a expensive mistake that was as still was not printing right, carried out all the cleaning and aligning functions as per the HP troubleshooting tips and now it won't print. At one point it even told me that the black cartridge was counterfeit whilst the other colours were acceptable, which is strange as they all came from same set and from a reputable retailer and to cap it all, it now says that these new inks are low, must use a hell of a lot on the useless cleaning functions.
Only "solution" I could find on line, was to dismantle the whole thing and soak the print heads or something, but all seemed a bit complicated to me, so its gonna have to be binned.
Reading other people having the same issue makes one think HP have programmed these printers to breakdown after a short time in order for us to spend more cash.
Now the next challenge is finding a replacement.....wish me luck

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy this printer, 3 April 2015
Worked OK at first, easy to set up and print quality good. Then once I started to replace ink cartridges, I never stopped. Strangely each replacement set has printed fewer sheets, and the print quality fell away. It became impossible to print decent photo prints. I've always used genuine HP cartridges, but at £20 a set this printer is REALLY EXPENSIVE to run. And then the black ink cartridge failed!!!. I've tried all the HP diagnostic's, and some pulled off HP forums - but it will not work. I now have to print all my documents in red. The ink level indicator on the printer shows the black cartridge as full. I even (stupidly) purchased a replacement black - but that wont operate either. Surprisingly when I checked - the printer is just out of warranty. This printer may be cheap but it certainly isn't cheerful. I'm amazed that HP could produce such a terrible product. Never again will I buy anything manufactured by HP. It takes years to build up a good reputation - and an instant to lose it. This product isn't worth one star!

1.0 out of 5 stars Why are manufacturers allowed to give one year guarantees on printers for home use?, 2 Mar. 2014
My deskjet 3070A was easy to set up, easy to use and printed good quality documents/photos. However, despite very light usage and even several weeks of not being used, exactly 14 months after purchase we started having probllems. Like others we thought we had run out of ink (I thought the lack of use might have caused the cartridges to dry out) but now discover that the printer is faulty. It is so frustrating that guarantees are not a standard 3 years for domestic use. It is possible to know how many pages of print have been produced so this would allow manufacturers to ensure usage is purely domestic.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›