5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Advice. It really works!!
Published on 4 Mar 2002

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost completely useless.
I don't normally write reviews but this is an important one.

Published on 9 Jan 2012 by Indingo

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Advice. It really works!!, 4 Mar 2002
By A Customer
Having suffered from various candida symptoms for the past 14 years (without realising it for most of that time), I decided to buy this book as a last resort. I have now followed the advice religiously for 4 months and I can honestly say that I feel great - the best I have felt for many years. I still have some way to go but I know that I'm on the right track, thanks to Erica White's brilliant book. The book contains advice on supplements to take, foods to avoid, foods which are beneficial, lots of easy recipes, as well as Erica's own story as a long-term sufferer of Candidasis

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, 21 Jan 2003
By A Customer
This book is very helpful if you suspect you have a yeast overload in your system. The first half gives you all the facts and explanations and the second half has lots of useful recipes, and they are practical, using everyday ingredients. I would have liked more guidance on supplements but Ms White would rather this was tailored to the individual, which is sensible. I'm very glad I found this book.
Liz

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Saver!, 22 April 2009
D. Martin "Debz x" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
Well this book has certainly been a lifesaver! After being dignosed with Candida & being advised that it was going to be hard to get rid of and that I needed to eat a specific diet to try and get rid of it, I didn't know where to start.

I searched everytwhere on the internet and boy was I shocked! All I came across was what I couldn't eat. Which to start with sounded like everything! Plus most of the websites would contradict one another so I didn't know who to believe. I felt rather quite down about it.

Thats when I stumbled across this book. Its give clear, concise details about what you need to know about the condition & what to do to get rid of it. It has a step by step plan for what to eat & what not to eat and what to take (i.e. antifungal supplements & vitamins).

It is written in a friendly yet informative mannor and the author cetainly sounds like she knows what she is talking about, especially since she has had her own experience with the condition.

The book if full of recipes for your own yeast free bread (which is so easy & quick to make) and various meals. The breads have really been a lifesaver! Unfortunately I have tried most of the desserts and to be honest if you can't eat it then don't try to make a substitute. Unfortunately the desserts are a bit awful - stick to natural yogurt.

Other then that I am feeling much better so this book really has been my lifesaver plus I have lost weight on it too!

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost completely useless., 9 Jan 2012
I don't normally write reviews but this is an important one.

The book is 20 pages of standard information on Candida and the process of getting rid of it that you can type into Google and get the same or better quality of information in less then 30 seconds. The rest is a cook book of recopies that are completely useless to anyone suffering from Candida, for example she suggests potatoes which are pure starch which in Candida terms are pure sugar and many milk products that people with Candida are prone to feel unwell taking. I have no problems with religion, but please leave it out of books designed to help people, people in need only want facts and not Christian dogma. I gave her the benefit of the doubt and tried doing the diet just as she said and got the complete shopping list for the first week in good faith and found that for 1 weeks supply it cost 120 and that was just for a single person and also was mostly herbs and spices that nobody will eat, let alone tuna and people in the know know that tuna carries mercury and mercury is one of the biggest catalysts of causing Candida in the first place, other the anti-biotics.

In simple terms, 20 pages of facts anyone can find on Google and the rest is a cook book that's unsuitable for the very people its designed for, Candida sufferers.

If you really wanna get better, look into the Candida diet website and follow it strictly while taking supplements that are antifungal. (Grapefruit seed extract) - (Coconut Oil Extract) - (Oil of Oregano) - (Colloidal Silver) - (Olive Leaf Extract) and whatever you do, no sugars! Do the diet for 3-5 months and spend 1 last month on the diet without any anti-fungals but make sure in that last month your taking a pro-biotic every day multiple times a day and this will get your flora back in balance.

This is the only true way to cure Candida.

Best of luck!

5.0 out of 5 stars Erica White's Beat Candida Cookbook, 23 Feb 2007
Mrs. K. L. Thompson (Lancashire U.K.) - See all my reviews
This is the best money I have ever spent. Having suffered for years with a yeast infection which over the counter drugs have no impact on, I was desperate! This diet is NOT for the faint hearted! For the first two week I was suicidal (well almost) but now five weeks down the line I can feel the benefit. It's working and as an added bonus I have lost a stone in weight already. The hard work is not over for me yet but I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel. The book takes you through a four point plan, you MUST follow this to the letter. Everything is explained thoroughly and you learn what certain foods do and how your body reacts to them. Supplements are recommended and there is information at the back for suppliers. The recipes are great and helped me get more inventive with the ingredients I was able to eat. You have to forgo a lot: all types of sugar fructose, lactose etc so no milk or fruit, no cheese, mushrooms, bread other than soda bread, tea or coffee the list goes on but don't despair you can live and have tasty food. If you suffer with a yeast/candida infection this book will definitely help, it is a must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable for candida and allergy sufferers., 9 Feb 2001
By A Customer
Erica White is an ex-candida sufferer, and a qualified Nutrition Consultant. She is thus perfectly placed to write this book which begins with an outline of what candida overgrowth is, and her fight against candida before moving into a comprehensive explanation of her four point plan for beating the problem.
The recipies are an absolute treasure trove not only for the candida sufferer but for those with food allergies. There are many useful facts such as two tablespoons of soya flour and a little water can replace an egg in baking, if egg allergy is a problem. Unlike many of books aimed at candida or allergy sufferers, many of the recipes come from sufferers who actually have to do day-to-day cooking and thus the ingredients are easily obtainable and the methods are often wonderfully simple - especially those in her "surviving" category for those who really don't have the energy for complex cooking.
It is in the bread, scones, buns and cakes recipies that this book really comes into its own. These are the recipes that candida and allergy sufferers have the most trouble finding. The bread recipies (I have been concentrating on the glutenfree ones - the most difficult ones to find!) are delicious, and being yeast free, quick and easy to bake. My 14 year old son has recently been diagnosed as highly allergic to gluten - and is constantly begging me to bake more "Moist Corn Bread", an absolutely delicious, moist, glutenfree, yeastfree bread (I've searched for years to find such a recipe for myself!).
This book should be on the shelf of every candida and allergy sufferer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for M.E.!, 14 Nov 2003
N C Greenham (Herts United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Having suffered with CFS and an enormous amount of allergies, I was so relieved to find this book. Recipes are easily adapted for rotation diets and are genuinely helpful and tasty. An approach to killing Candida that really works! The companion book (Beat Fatigue Handbook)was also immensely helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works for me, 12 April 2011
Very good book, easy to read and understand, ive been suffering with thrush for 18 months and having read this book and various others, this book gives you great ideas of what type of foods you should be eating and if you stuck for ideas there is a day by day menu at the back of the book to follow, also dfferent recepies, Ive made two batches of soda bread from the book, and they taste nice. Ive been following the plan now for four weeks, and ive done everything the book tells you to, so far im ok. The die offs that you experience on the plan have not been to bad at all, just the odd headache but I guess it would vary from person to person. so far I have lost 10lb and im feeling really okay. I get thrush once a month without fail, this month and for the first time in 18 months I dont have it although it still early days. For me that is a really good sign.

5.0 out of 5 stars So helpful!!!!!!, 8 Feb 2005
M. Millward - See all my reviews
This book was so useful to myself and my husband and confirmed our suspicions of us having candida.
After seeing specialists and being told that the NHS "do not recognise candida", we knew we'd have to make ourselves better.
This book tells you everything you need to know about candida and overcoming it, with lots of recipes too.

5.0 out of 5 stars ERICA WHITE'S BEAT CANDIDA COOKBOOK, 11 Nov 2005
WHAT AN AMAZING HELP! FINALLY SOME USEFUL PRACTICAL INFORMATION WRITTEN DOWN IN A COMPLETELY READABLE WAY! A MUST HAVE FOR ALL CANDIDA SUFFERERS. MAYONNAISE RECIPE VEY USEFUL.