5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Fantastic
When I first read this I was faced with a dilemma; It is such a page turner that I couldn't read fast enough and yet at the same time I did not want it to finish.
You become part of the story and part of the journey and you feel so connected to the characters as their journey unfold. Simply fantastic.
Published on 20 Feb 2010 by J

3.0 out of 5 stars A rewarding read
Tuffnel' s imagination is so strong that you are easily carried along by the powerful current of her mind, and you experience each character's journey as if it were your own. Thoroughly original premise and rewarding ending(s). A strange and wonderful book.

"go now and seek your wellspring"
Published 18 months ago by Kindle Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a lovely book., 14 Dec 2011
This review is from: Strangers and Pilgrims (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed Strangers and Pilgrims. With thoughtful character journeys, a beautiful vision and a well constructed plot, this magical book is constantly both engaging and surprising.

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting story, 5 July 2013
M. Cox (Reading) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Strangers and Pilgrims (Kindle Edition)
As with other reviewers I enjoyed this book and as it is quite a short story I read it in snatches within a couple of days.
The reason for the 3*** was simply that it was so short, I am sure with a bit more thought a lot more could have been added to give the tale more quality as well as quantity. Also the mediocre rating is because of the very poor English and editing in places. I do not know whether the poor editing was as a result of bad typing or whether the Kindle had been produced by reading a book and using software to convert it to an e-book but there were numerous typos. Some of the sentence structure also could have been better - one sentence had three 'really' and one 'reality' within it.
However it was a good read and inexpensive.

3.0 out of 5 stars Really?, 31 Mar 2012
This review is from: Strangers and Pilgrims (Kindle Edition)
I chose to purchase this book because of the 5 star ratings. It is mildly interesting but in fairness, only two out of the six central characters had any real issues. The rest were wallowing in self pity and needed to get a grip. I read on to the end as I thought eventually some other reasons would come out as to why these people were "broken and dying inside" but no...

There are about 20 typing mistakes in this book, something I have hardly ever come across before, and that was pretty off-putting.

If you want a book that really touches your heart, try "Me Before You" or "The Time Traveller's Wife".

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me..., 26 April 2012
S. White (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Strangers and Pilgrims (Kindle Edition)
Unlike most reviewers I just didn't really get this book at all. It started promisingly enough - six different stories of people at the end of their tether, looking for help and salvation. It just didn't really go anywhere from there.

SPOILERS AHEAD....

Although the characters were described variously as uncommunicative, depressed, agrophobic and almost suicidal, it only took one day of them being together in a deserted farmhouse for them to turn into people on an 18-30 holiday - giggling, cooking, joking and playing games. Is that all it takes to transform a desperately unhappy tortured soul into a joyous one? I don't think so.

A good idea for a story but too tame and cliched, with sterotyped characters. I struggled to finish it. Sorry.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cliched and trite, 1 May 2012
This review is from: Strangers and Pilgrims (Kindle Edition)
I am struggling to have the will to go on with the book! To me it is cliched, self-indulgent and immature. Haven't finished it yet so will update if I ever manage to do so with thoughts on the whole.

The Kindle edition I have is badly edited and set out with loads of spelling mistakes.

Really unimpressed.