Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 March 2013
I was just about 13 years of age when I first heard
the music of Don and Phil Everly, two brothers from
Kentucky, USA who wooed the teenagers of the late
1950's and 1960's.

Such classics as Cathy's Clown, Claudette, Wake up
Little Susie, All I Have To Do Is Dream, lots of
old favourites are here, with a few missing in this
50 track double CD plus one or two that I have never
heard before.
The songs have all been remastered for this compilation
album but do not seem to have lost any of the old
atmosphere.

Takes me back to those heady days of sitting listening
to the 45rpm vinyl recordings on the juke-box in Tom's
Cabin Coffee Bar in Otley, when I was full of teenage
angst. With Don and Phil now in their seventies, it
makes me realise just how old I am too, but it's fun
to wallow in nostalgia from time to time.

A bargain.
on 19 January 2013
I am most impressed on this album. It contains all of the best songs from the Everly Brothers. So well produced.
on 15 March 2014
ITEM ARRIVED IN GOOD TIME AND ORDER. I BOUGHT IT ON HEARING OF THE DEATH OF ONE BROTHER AND REALISED THAT, THOUGH I GREW UP LISTENING TO THEIR MUSIC, IN THE '50S/'60S, I DIDN'T HAVE ANY OF IT IN MT COLLECTION. THIS ALBUM IS GREAT LEGACY OF 2 BROTHERS WHO CHANGED THE 'FACE' AND SOUND OF MUSIC AND, NO DOUBT, INPSPIRED OTHERS WHO FOLLOWED.
on 13 March 2014
Despite a wide range of greatest hits albums its nigh impossible to get all the most popular songs from their long career on one album. I'm not sure this album either but it is a good attempt.
on 20 February 2013
Hmmmnn? Well, this collection DOESN'T contain ALL the hits....not by a long way....
It's yet another strange effort at some sort of cross-section. There's no 'Crying in the Rain' - or 'Temptation'...and it's all concluded in 1960, featurng, also, only some of the tracks from their first two smash Warner albums...
The performances, as ever, reflect their remarkable - and influencial - talent (with wonderful production quality). (We forget that they were NME 'World's Top Vocal Group' for five years, 1958-62....)

But, as a collection, it seems as if someone devised this album by sticking a pin in the earlier listings....
Disappointing. Wonderfully evocative cover, though....
on 10 May 2012
Double CD containing all of their great songs. Happy and sad. A great sing a long.
Amazing value. Very happy with this buy.
on 8 February 2013
Essential Everly Brothers not a bad find it had all the hits you know and some you did not know good price.
on 7 December 2014
Bought this disc to replace a hits CD that got damaged,this disc has lots more tracks on it than my previous CD. There were a few songs i had not heard before on this hits collection,this CD was very good value and oh those wonderful harmonies,a great addition to my collection,
on 13 July 2013
Wonderful album. Has all the old hits as I remember them rather than newer versions. Great price too. If you remember the Everly Brothers this will take you back to your youth.
on 6 November 2013
this is a fabulous cd filled with memories for me a few songs that I have not heard before but great' I would recommend to anyone who are Everly Brothers fans worth every penny.