TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 November 2011
So close to perfection that with some structural modifications, this headset will replace several different kinds of headset that you own, including your Bluetooth earpiece and your moderate priced headphones. It's that promising.

The "Halo 2" is the second edition of Jabra's "Halo" line of wireless stereo headsets. This is both a wireless headset and a standard headset with a 1/8" jack.

The set comes with:

The Headpiece
Micro USB-AC plug
Micro USB-1/8 jack
Micro USB-USB port

****Sound****
I've had wireless Bluetooth headsets in the past and every time I've gone back to the store to return them for a refund because the sound-reproduction was horrible. I also have several Bluetooth earpieces and I use them mainly for conversations when I'm on the road. I never use those single earpieces for music anyway since I have my regular earbuds handy when I'm on the bus or train.

BTW, most of the Bluetooth headsets you'll find up until recently had a base station that you had to connect to your Bluetooth device in order for you to hear out of the headset. That didn't impress me, so to see companies like Jabra who also make their "Sport" line of truly wireless headsets as well as Bose, these devices have come a long way.

After I made my Evo 3D discoverable, I watched some videos--comedy, music and interviews--and was wonderfully impressed with the sound. (I can now listen to Lisa Lampinelli roast whomever without having to turn down the volume in order not to insult anyone delicate taste.)

I also watched a two-hour documentary, Turtle: The Incredible Journey (2D & 3D) [DVD] on Netflix after I made my laptop discoverable. It was just like I was in my own private theatre with Dolby Surround Sound.

I also turned off the Bluetooth receiver and plugged the headset into my Sony stereo and played selections from The Barry White Boxed Set: Just For You (4 CD Boxed Set). To hear The Maestro and his deep baritone is to hear music at its best. You can't go cheap with a techie device like this and spending upwards of a $100. And, you're not shortchanged here for audio fidelity. Construction's another issue, but we'll get to that in a moment.

***Calls***
The headset, when fully charged by my testing is roughly 5 hours. About 4 hours, 45 minutes to be more exact. But, the farther away you have the headset from the discoverable-device, the shorter the battery life.

Calls, both listening and speaking was excellent. People on the other line couldn't distinguished when I went outside from when I was inside. This is as good or better than the mid-ranged price earpieces on the market today, including Jabra's own.

***Construction***
This is the Elephant-in-the-room sort of speak. This is a headset that can (or may) replace several different kinds of headphones you may own. The versatility of a wireless headphone means that you walk, run and sit reclined while your device is safely stored away. This device also brings high-fidelity. The sound reproduction is above par and better than many mid-priced sets. But...

You have a headset that is BOTH constructed for the smaller-sized head and a headset that is very delicately made. This is not an oversight that I can neglect to mention.

Since this is a one-size-fit-all deal, it will present a problem because it is not a one-size-fit-all piece. The headband is roughly 3/8" thick with about half of that wrapped in a thin felt material. IF I have an average sized head (although the lady tells me that I have a bigger-than average mouth), the headset fits VERY snugly. The earpads only dropdown in length, not width.

If that were not enough, the headset is VERY delicate. The headset can fold inside, but I was so scared pushing in the arms the first time that I though it necessary to just keep them open and not risk that joints breaking.

The question remains not if they'll break, but when. So, you'll have to bear this in mind.

+ Great audio reproduction, exceptional for stereo wireless headset.
+ Very good vocal-call reception.
+ Plug-in capacity for times when Bluetooth is not needed or inaccessible.
+ 4.5 hours of battery life. 2 hours for recharging.
+ Reasonably priced.
- Poor construction. VERY delicate.

So, 5 minus 1 = 4 stars.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 27 April 2012
WELL, purchased this item after spending an accumulated total of what must be many hours over the years, unravelling the wires of various headphone sets. How do they GET so tangled?

The kit arrived, and within minutes was paired with my iPhone 4S, streaming music smoothly and with a surprisingly clear sound considering this is Bluetooth. I spent the afternoon walking around the area, testing the functions, and hoping I didn't look too much like an uber-Cyberman.

Generally, the Halo 2 works well - all the controls work with the most recent iPhone/iPod/iPad software iteration (5.1), and I'm pleased overall with the purchase. I should mention just a couple of quibbles:

* the Bluetooth on start up does hiccough occasionally for the first few moments, but then settles down
* the folding arms LOOK very flimsy, and its difficult at first to work out the angles to pull and push to make them fold (this is important, as this turns off the headphones) - I still have to work at this, but even following my initial clumsy attempts, they haven't come apart in my hands yet, so the Halo 2 must actually be pretty robust

I'd recommend this item: sound is clear; controls are responsive (and contrary to other reviews, I've had no problems finding the spots for volume and track control); and Lo! there are now NO WIRES TO GET TANGLED. Joy!
on 7 January 2012
I've tried this on my iPhone and I must say the callers on the other side couldnt quite differentiate that I was on bluetooth headphones. It was crystal clear on my end too.

And the music was cool, just like any other headphone. The product is sleek, stylish and sporty to wear.

Must Buy if you are looking for similar purposed product....
on 24 August 2012
Superlative accessory, useful and practice.
Sounds crisp and clear for both music and call that can be managed easily with only one touch on the headsets.

Bye Bye pesky cables welcome bluetooth!
on 21 December 2012
Brilliant sound from these headphones.

Hands free chat works a dream and can't even see the microphone.

The reason for 4 stars is the short charging cord no longer than a pen!
on 27 March 2013
Brilliant design and fantastic sound! Arrived much quicker than expected, paired up first time no fuss, excellent sound and unbeatable all round for the price.
on 4 March 2013
A big improvement on the previous halo headphones, a sturdier hinge should last longer than the last model, which broke after a few months use. A deeper sound and they seem to fit more snugly too. ideal headphone for running or use in the gym!
on 4 November 2012
OK, but no better. Sound quality is fine, but the construction is flimsy. It took ages to pair with my Samsung SII and my Laptop and then when they are both on they interfere with each other. If I am playing music from my phone with the laptop just sitting there, it drops out continuously, physically switch the Bluetooth off on the laptop and no more dropouts. The worst thing though is every time you close them up you feel like you are going to break them, and I am sure it's only a matter of time until they do snap. The do work with skype ok, but I'm not sure having used them for a while I would buy them again.
on 24 January 2013
Got it ahead estimated time of delivery. At first got confused on how to make it work. Coz got so excited no time to read the instructions. But when i figured it out, didn't quite satisfied with the sound! But with a little arrangement with my ear, it was great! I like the thin design and the light indicator! Not like most bluetooth that it makes you look like a xmas tree! This one is discreet. I also like the touch sensitive controls! But sometimes struggling where to touch! I also love the option to use it with wires so when the battery runs out it will never be useless!
on 25 March 2014
I'm giving it 5 starts right now as I'm amazed with the quality. I had several conference calls today and my ears didn't hurt unlike with my previous headset, and the sound quality was absolutely amazing.

My hearing isn't the best, so I need something better than the "headset" Apple packs with the iPhone. I can't use in-ear headphones, they do hurt me after just a few minutes, and normal earbuds either aren't loud enough or annoy people around me.

These fit my head perfectly (although my head is slightly smaller than average) and don't produce any discomfort even after using them for several hours. I work in an open office, and listening to music to crucial to my concentration.

I have all my songs on my iPhone, which I also use to make the occasional call, but most of my voice conferences are running on my notebook through a VoIP client. The fact that I can pair both to the headset at the same time was a crucial buying factor for me, so that I don't need to switch headsets between calls.

I've only had these a few days but they got me through a day at the office nicely so far without needing to recharge.

I did read the concerns about fragile hinges, and was worried the first day when putting them in my backpack on the way to the office, but the quality is so amazing that I'd rather buy a new one every few months than keep looking for yet another alternative.

I also love the fact that they do have an iPhone compatible 4way 3.5mm jack, so they even work with my BT cordless phone using a small adapter.

The only thing that was a bit disappointing is the length of the charger cable, but then again I have so many different USB chargers that I don't really care about it.

All in all I'm very happy with this purchase. It might not go the distance, but it's cheap enough these days to replace when necessary.