5.0 out of 5 stars A Superb Read Highly Recommend
Roz has managed to tell her story in a way that capitivates her audience. Her grit determination to care for her mother suffering from Alzheimers is to be applauded. The story is told with humor and at times makes you laugh out loud and at others reduces you to floods of tears.
Published on 18 July 2011 by Nanad

3.0 out of 5 stars Comments on A Nice Cuppa Tea
A heart-rending account of a daughter trying to balance work and a looking after a very difficult dementia paient, her mother. Very helpful to me (also with a dementia relative at home) to learn of others' experiences.
Published 20 months ago by A.Menarry

5.0 out of 5 stars A Superb Read Highly Recommend, 18 July 2011
This review is from: A Nice Cuppa Tea (Kindle Edition)
Through the story Roz takes us on a journey that starts with her mothers early life in Liverpool mentioning many famous landmarks. It ends with her struggling with a complex disease, cared for by her loving and couragous daughter. While reading you can feel the bond between mother and daughter along with the frustration and heart wrenching sorrow. It is a testament of a daughters unrelenting love.

The story is extremely thought provoking and provides an insight to a subject unknown to those that have never had the misfortune to come across the illness. Yet those that have will embrace in the understanding of the lose of the person they once knew to this awful disease. It may also encourage carers to accept help without feeling the burden of guilt. Being a carer can be one of the hardest tasks undertaken. Without support caring for an Alzheimer sufferer can be a long and extremely lonely existence.

I encourage anyone male,female young or old to read the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Cuppa Tea by Roz Tranfield, 11 Jun 2011
Inspiring!
This is NOT a book about Alzheimers Disease.
You wont find statistics and theories here...
But this book will help to raise awareness of this very cruel condition.
This is a sincere and honest account of the reality of living with Alzheimers.
The force of a Mothers spirit and the strength of her daughters love.
I would like to thank the author for this invitation to visit her life.
For raising my spirits with her humour, and for allowing me to release my own grief in the tears that I cried with her.
I loved the tales of Lily's adventures. I wanted to meet her and show her kindness and understanding.
As a result of this book I shall be extra patient and understanding to all the other Lily's that I meet.
I do hope this book goes to print as it would be a very touching gift to give or receive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling reading!!, 16 July 2011
This review is from: A Nice Cuppa Tea (Kindle Edition)
I read this book with anticipation and found it a book that you wanted to read constantly but didnt want it to finish at the same time. It made me smile, laugh and cry at the same time. It was written well and you felt that you were alongside Roz and Lily on their journey to the unknown and could empathize with all the ups n downs that Roz had to endure but did it without question because of her love for her mum.

Lily was a character, i did have the privilige to meet her on a couple of occasions and she was always 'a lady' smart in appearance with a gentle smile.

The book has a lot of indepth information but done in such a clever and simple way that you can relate instantly to different situations in your own personal life. The love shines throughout all the difficulties that arose in the times that were tough and the times that were totally surreal.

Reading this book is so recommended and a must!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bitter Sweet, 11 Jun 2011
This review is from: A Nice Cuppa Tea (Kindle Edition)
This book was recommended to me by a friend. I have absolutely loved reading it, I've laughed out loud and I've shed a tear or two. Over the past 12 months I have noticed my own Mum struggling to cope with life, I've had 4 calls in one day to tell me the same piece of news and I've seen her cry like a three year old when she felt that she was lost whilst out shopping. Reading this book has brought me comfort and a sense of sharing. . I can see what is undeniably around the corner for me and Mum and I am inspired by Roz's humour, dedication and love..suddenly I don't feel like the days ahead will only be grey. I relate so well to the feelings, concerns and worries that Roz describes in this beautifully written autobiographical book that I feel I've made a new friend. A Nice Cuppa Tea is quite simply fantastic, a highly recommended read.

5.0 out of 5 stars True insight into a daughters love, 21 Jun 2011
This review is from: A Nice Cuppa Tea (Kindle Edition)
Would recommend this book to give a true insight into caring for someone with an illness, whether it be Alzheimers or another illness. I was in a similar situation with my mum (although not Alzhemiers but Cancer) it brought a lot of memories flooding back so I laughed and cried throughout the book. This book would make a great film and it will certainly make me think twice when I see someone acting 'diffently'. Lily, I would of loved to have had a 'cuppa' with you regardless how you were acting. Only one negative comment, I would of loved this in book form, as I love to feel the pages as I read.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 10 Jun 2011
This review is from: A Nice Cuppa Tea (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading A Nice Cuppa Tea.
I have worked as a carer and had many clients with Alzheimer's. This book mirrors many of the situations the 'sufferer' and the family have to deal with. Roz cared for her mother with love and humour and sometimes felt a perfectly normal frustration. Sometimes, the anecdotes bring a smile to one's face and sometimes a tear to the eye but Roz's devotion shines through it all.

My father has early onset Alzheimer's and my mother-in-law's is more advanced. Most people will know someone with the condition, at some time. Therefore, I think everyone would benefit from reading about what Roz (and her mother) went through, how she felt and how she dealt with various scenarios that arose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: A Nice Cuppa Tea (Kindle Edition)
A Nice Cuppa Tea gives real insight into the problems and practicalities of living with Alzheimer's. I can see myself and my father mirrored in the pages of this book. A must-read for everyone, as we will all know someone who has to deal with Alzheimer's at some time, if we don't ourselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Cuppa Tea by Roz Tranfield, 27 July 2011
This review is from: A Nice Cuppa Tea (Kindle Edition)
This is an inspiring and thorougly enjoyable rollercoaster of a story...
A cross section of emotions that leave the reader with so much more insight into a daughters' world that she has no choice but to challenge, like many others, to Alzheimers.
It is full of humour and sadness mixed up with confusion and compassion on Lily Tranfield's daily life.The confusion is not just the one encountered by Lily, but more so of her daughter Roz and the fact that she has penned such an amazing story shows just how much she loved and adored her mum.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Nice Cuppa Tea, 25 July 2011
This review is from: A Nice Cuppa Tea (Kindle Edition)
The book is beautifully written. It is both humourous and poignant. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading about relationships within families and friends

5.0 out of 5 stars a nice cuppa tea, 15 July 2011
This review is from: A Nice Cuppa Tea (Kindle Edition)
a thoroughly enjoyable read, both witty and emotional, it was a very true account of what I went through with my aunty

A Nice Cuppa Tea