5.0 out of 5 stars Great shorts
I've worn for almost three hours of mtb on very rough trail and i have to say that they are great.
Very comfortable, wick sweat very well. The ventilation holes in the middle of the pad to help cool you and not to feel the heat, the thickness differential between the two big thick sections that protect the ischial bones and the rest makes them very light and does not...
Published on 5 Aug. 2011 by Luca

3.0 out of 5 stars Short size
Go one size larger than you normally wear as these shorts are undersized. Otherwise good value. Pad is good thickness
Published on 6 Sept. 2011 by Dr. Manreet S. Johal

‹ Previous | 1 2 331 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic Price, 11 Mar. 2012
Seems to be a very nice quality product at a realistic price, but I wish I had taken note of another review that commented on how they come up tight on size - I had to return the first pair which were medium and exchange them for large - and I am certainly not large!

They arrived in good time and I found Tenn a pleasant and helpful company to deal with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Praise the Lord, 30 Mar. 2015
I've been struggling to get a pair of shorts that have deeper padding for comfort when riding my new Trek Madone, as feeling everything through the saddle and to be honest, it wasn't enjoyable going out to ride, so I thought I would give these 15mm padded shorts ago and Omg, what a difference. I have just road almost 50 miles over two rides and almost no discomfort whatsoever, really good value and comfortable, almost masking out any discomfort that the roads around Surrey dish out, very pleased so will buy another pair, and by the way, I am no lightweight at 200lbs and a 36" waist and the XL is tight but fine, forget they are on once you get going !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shorts, 11 Feb. 2012
Great shorts for the price
the material is good quality and the 8 panel padding is comfortably.
these shorts are much better than my old pair that i bought from a high street shop and they cost less.
like the choice of colours for the stitching. (i went for yellow to match my bike)
i would say if your not sure size then go for the lager one, im a 34 and the large fit me snug.

5.0 out of 5 stars best cycling shorts owned, 23 Jun. 2013
Having read the good reviews of this product I decided to take the plunge and make a purchase. The first problem was deciding what size to select. I took note from a previous review regarding sticking with the normal size. My waist is 31" so selected the medium which is in fact labelled 32" to 34". They have turned out to be a perfect fit. Including round the legs. My upper leg muscles are quite large but was still a good fit. If you are larger than 32" waist I would recommend you opt for the large instead of medium because I think the fit would be starting to get a bit tight around the waist. It all depends on the individual. Some cyclists prefer to err on the more snug fit side. In my experience it is best for shorts to be a bit on the tight side than loose. Anyway enough about the fit, lets review the quality. I confess that at the time of writing I have not ridden in them but only tried them on so cannot give a full account of the performance. However I have purchased enough of these over the years to enable me to recognise good quality from poor. These certainly fall into the good bracket. The style, fit and quality are superb, particularly when you also bear in mind they cost less than £20. The new design padding is top quality and feels really comfortable. If these shorts turn out to be as good as I'm expecting (which I am confident they will) I shall certainly be buying more in the future. So to conclude, If you are an experienced cycling you will appreciate the requirement of a snug fit and so I recommend you stick with the size you normally buy. Do bear in mind my comments above though. I consider these to be fantastic value. buy and try, I'm sure you will not be wasting the miserly £20 they cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be wary of feedback regarding sizes, 17 Aug. 2012
G W (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
With regards to the product itself where it matters for us blokes it really is well padded and a comfy feel when riding. The rest of the shorts are a light material so when grinding the gears it helps you stay cool. There's also the nice touches with the inner bottoms of the shorts having the grippy material to stop them riding up and also the reflective markings on the back.

Now as for the sizings I took on board the previous feedback from others on here and went a size up and I really wish I hadn't followed the advice as in my particular circumstances my normal size would have been a perfect nice snug tight fit instead of the slightly more relaxed fit I have with the shorts I ordered.

As for me I can live with the fit but don't take the trading up size advice as gospel as it's clearly just one persons view for their own particular requirements. My advice.......try your normal size.

I'll be looking to get a few more of these over the coming weeks & months.

Also a quick word regarding the standard of service from Tenn Outdoors: my order was placed late on a Wednesday evening using the free delivery option come Friday morning there's a knock on the front door from the local postie handing over these shorts and other Amazon orders I placed that week. Amazingly quick and cheap delivery by Tenn Outdoors & the Royal Mail.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cycling shorts, 17 April 2012
I'm new to competitive cycling: doing some triathlons! So it was essential to get some practice in. These shorts were comfortable to wear at first. After some distance -10k- the usual pain in the bottom reoccurs. This may not be unusual as I haven't tried any other cycling shorts but I guess any relief is better than none.

For the actual tri events I shall be investing in a tri suit which may be a totally different experience particularly after the swim!

4.0 out of 5 stars Tenn Viper Cycling Shorts, 15 Jun. 2012
these shorts are ideal, the sizing is just right I ordered my usual size L and they fit just fine. The padding in them is great it gives you a really comfy ride I have another make of shorts but the padding in them is adequate for my 25 minute commute this padding can keep you in the saddle much longer. The gripper around the legs seems to be ok at the moment but this could change after a few washes. Overall I am more than happy with this purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok product, 9 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Tenn-Outdoors Men's 8 Panel Professional Viper with Pad Cycling Shorts (Sports Apparel)
Cons
1. Needs to be more thicker
2. Needs to be more wider at the back
3. I found it slightly uncomfortable slightly after doing 6 miles in it. although this would verry person to person

Pros
1. Does reduce soreness to the vital organ (down below0 conciderably
2. ok price
3. Doesnt stick out like the other
4. The rubber bit at the leg end helps it not roling up your legs

Advice to others
1. Buy a size larger then your normal size as they are tight
2. Wear it with a gel seat and then you would not feel any soreness and would be perfect. As that's what I am going to do

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable shorts... get the right size, 5 Sept. 2013
Plainsong (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
Main thing for me to highlight is the size - I always take a 34 waist, which made me wonder whether I should get 32-34, or 34-36.
So I opted for the 32-34 first: wrong. Wrong, for me anyway - way too tight. The 34-36 is fine. So I'm in the camp of those who say if you have a doubt, get the next size up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant shorts, 27 Aug. 2013
A customer (Asturias) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I had used these shorts for the 2013 season and I am very impressed with them.
There were sent from a local company in Sussex and arrived very quickly. The look and feel evry good but the best thing is the amount of padding that makes a 3 hour ride (almost) painless.
The wash very well and they look brand new after a full seasson's use.
The price a binus