5.0 out of 5 stars Cultural mix!
Published 13 months ago by L. A. Allan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but in german?
It is a pity it wasn't spoken in italian, but the actors are good and the story is faithful to the book.
Published 14 months ago by Felipe Quental

5.0 out of 5 stars Cultural mix!, 22 July 2013
L. A. Allan (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Donna Leon's Commissario Guido Brunetti - 1 & 2 [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC] (DVD)
Suffering from withdrawal symptoms after reading the last Brunetti book I thought I'd relive them with these DVDs. Once I had come to terms with watching stories set in Italy with German dialogue and English sub-titles I enjoyed them very much! No dramatisation ever portrays characters as you imagine them but these are mostly very acceptable. I shall order others in the series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but in german?, 18 Jun 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A most excellent discovery, 21 Jun 2012
I have been a long time fan of Donna Leon's dectective Commisario Bruneti, and enjoyed the books for years. This DVD is a most excellent discovery, the scenery is fantastic, filmed in Venice. The characters are just as I imagined them especially the boss's secretary. German dialogue not distracting as English subtitles very good. US format no problem, set my laptop DVD to US Region, while using TV DVD for European DVDs. Even play it through my TV making the setting that much better to enjoy. Well worth the purchase I look forward to watching the whole series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Commissario Brunetti., 18 Mar 2014
A great pair of DVDs. Very puzzled at why an Italian detective should be recorded in German, though with sound off, no problem.
With Montalbano DVDs, my husband and I leave the sound on, to brush up our (poor) Italian, but as we have no German at all...
no chance!

5.0 out of 5 stars DONNA LEON COMMISSARIO GUIDO BRUNETTI., 29 Jan 2013
Refreshing change a detective story set in Venice, an atmospheric backdrop that adds an extra dimension to a very good detective yarn.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not in Italalian, 23 July 2013
The DVD arrived in very good time and was well packaged. Unfortunately, entirely my fault, I failed to notice they were in German, not Italian plus English subtitles. One of the joys for me is listening to the Italian language and since the action is in Venice, German is not the language I wanted to hear. Returned items,; only warning, I am still awaiting the refund!

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 23 July 2014
it doesnt work on uk dvd player!

1.0 out of 5 stars Note US import, 22 Jan 2012
Never order a US import. The DVD-player will not play the DVD, which is a pity when you're ready to watch and of course waste of money.