4.0 out of 5 stars Up there with the better ones
I have read a few of these internet marketing books as I wanted to improve my business' results online. As a small business owner 'The full story' has given me a lot of information that makes internet marketing seem simple. Even in the short space of time that I have started to implement the advice, I am already starting to see improvements.

What sets this book...
Published 20 months ago by Rosebud

2.0 out of 5 stars the full story? Yeah right
Decent book about internet marketing, but there's loads of ramble in it. What's with the 12 five stars reviews? Something stinks, and I am pretty sure. Pretty much very generic advice, this kind of advice is the hardest to implement as it's on the abstract side. Some sound business advice, but nothing to write home about. The full story of internet marketing? Yeah...
Published on 1 Oct. 2012 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Up there with the better ones, 4 Oct. 2013

What sets this book apart from others are the practical tips, relevant case studies and it being written in plain English to make unheard of terms easy to understand.

I highly recommend 'The full story' if you are wanting to get an overview of internet marketing and get more online sales.

4.0 out of 5 stars Full of great tools and techniques AND easy to read!, 22 Nov. 2011
P. L. Mosley (Loughborough, UK) - See all my reviews
"I've just read Elton's book for the first time - it's a great read, and as someone who's not too technical, I found the really clear explanations of terms and simply explained techniques a real boon. It's a book I will return to over and over again as I put it all into practice and my internet marketing ambitions develop as a result. I think it's a cracking investment."

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical sensible advice for increasing business, 4 Aug. 2011
I found this book to be full of useful hints and tips that can be applied straight away without needing lots of technical knowledge. I was aware of social media systems and had spent lots of time dabbling with them without any real business success. The book showed me how a proper strategy can turn social media and other forms of internet marketing from a pleasant waste of time into something valuable and beneficial to my business. As a result, I am now looking at how I can set up and coordinate Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter together with Youtube, Flickr and other systems so that I reach and connect with so many more potential customers efficiently. As the book says, it's all about Return on Investment and the potential ROI on this book is brilliant. Get a copy and read it and I'm sure you'll agree.
Internet Marketing: The Full Story

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bare Bones of Internet Marketing, 27 Nov. 2011
I've just finished reading this book.

I really like the language in which it is written - no nonsense, easy to read and easy to understand. Perfect!

It's refreshing that Elton advises not to follow the crowd or to produce "me too" websites, but to really think hard about what you want your website to achieve AND to view it from your customer avatar's viewpoint. This has really encouraged me to profile my customers and to rethink my website.

I've also taken on board the difference between website designers and website developers, and the different ways in which they approach the project - designers make it look attractive - developers make it work!

This book is definitely a worthwhile read for all internet marketing novices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for non-techie readers, 2 Aug. 2011
Coming from a non-techie background, I found 'Internet Marketing: The Full Story' provided a clear, plain English guide to the many consideration that need to be made before investing in a website and other on-line marketing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend this for any business, 13 Dec. 2013
Just finished reading this some really useful information, just starting out with my new website really glad I read this first!

5.0 out of 5 stars Internet Marketing Masterclass, 13 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Internet Marketing: The Full Story (Kindle Edition)
I read this book with mild scepticism after being recommended by a colleague. I can say that after 2 years in the industry it certainly taught me a thing or two!

The author's simplistic but effective terminology and writing style conveyed information to me that others have previously over complicated. I will certainly benefit in my career by keeping this to hand on my Kindle.

The best £1.14 I've spent in a long time!

Many Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need to know., 23 Aug. 2011
It's easy to spot a successful person - they have a huge energy about them and it's infectious - that's the reason why people are prepared to follow them, buy their products and heed their advice. Elton Boocock is one of these and in his new book, Internet Marketing the Full Story, he translates that energy into words - sweeping you along with no nonsense advice and relevant examples as you learn first to attract your customers, then convert, keep and measure them.

As someone who loves to blog about social media I must point out that this is not another social media guide - it really is the Full Story of internet marketing. In fact think of it as a prequel to all those guides to creating content we see at the moment. It is a return to first principles - why do you want a website - what do you want it to do and how is it going to deliver the goals you set for it? With such foundations in place the social media fad of the week won't derail you.

This solid guide is quite clear about the hard work involved when setting out your new internet marketing strategy or rejuvinating an old defunct one. As Elton says, there is no point in getting stuck in without knowing why you are doing it in the first place and he likes to ask lots of `who cares?' type questions to keep you on your toes.

So, if you have read countless articles about keyword research or off-page optimization without really understanding a word, this will put those voodoo skills into a solid context and de-mystify them in the process. In fact I'd say this book is the ideal guide for someone looking to appoint web designers and/or internet marketers as it gives you the full 360 on what you need, what you can do yourself and what you are going to need help with in order to succeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars L Watkinson, 1 Dec. 2011
I would recommend Internet Marketing the Full Story to anyone looking to improve their online marketing. As my sons will verify, I am not a 'techie' and needed someone to explain what I should be doing to improve my online marketing, why I should do it and how it would get me results. Elton has a great way of explaining all the terminology and putting it in a language that 'non techies' can take on board and action.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only book you'll need!, 14 Dec. 2011
I don't usually write reviews but I got this book after searching through loads of internet marketing books on Amazon and i'm so pleased I found it!!

I work for a non profit organisation with no marketing budget - this book will be like a Bible for us now! We had been using social media/Facebook but wanted a better understanding of how to get the most out of it. There's so many tips and it's actually enjoyable to read.

It's really helped us learn more, which in turn has meant we take the time to do extra bits, rather than as is sometimes the case getting distracted by other things. I guess it's remotivated us to make internet marketing a priority. If you want to be inspired - get this book!

Internet Marketing: The Full Story