2,848 Reviews
 (2,375)

5.0 out of 5 stars Special features for all the Movies
Great set!! There are enough normal reviews here, so I just wanted to point out something important to some. Each of the first four movies have special features also. Just that they are located on the disk along with the movie, instead of on a separate disk. This isn't a reduced feature set like some were thinking. There are special features for all the movies.........
Published on 15 Dec. 2011 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars I wish there was a way to contact the seller to let them know but seems like this is the only way
The Half Blood Prince Blu-ray stopped working one-third of the way in. I wish there was a way to contact the seller to let them know but seems like this is the only way. If I could exchange just this disc instead of the whole box then I would gladly do that. I don't want to risk a new box set with more discs malfunctioning. It seems like I'm not the only one where one of...
Published 3 months ago by Dksunc5

5.0 out of 5 stars Special features for all the Movies, 15 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free] [2001] (Blu-ray)

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter - The Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free], 16 Dec. 2013
I bought this collection (the blu-ray discs) because I'm a big fan of the series.

I was missing the first film and the sixth one (I didn't get it because I was disappointed from it). I have the other films on DVD and the last one (part 2) on Blu-ray.
This set is exactly what I wanted. It has all the films and is really cheap.

I was reading the other comments of people saying there are lots of ads and the films are grainy. In my case is exactly the other way. The films are perfectly presented in HD and all of the films except the last one (only two ads) don't feature any ads.

The discs are situated in standard blu-ray boxes with good quality. They don't feel cheap.
The discs are like from the individual releases. On the discs of the first five movies it says on them "FOR RENTAL OR RESALE". This is not a problem at all for me because as I said the quality is HD and there are no ads. Though this releases don't feature a lot of language options or subtitle I'm perfectly fine with this. When you put the discs in the player the films start momentarily but if you call the menu you'll see that there is a lot of bonus material included there.

The other three films are exactly as the individual blu-ray releases (featuring bonus discs for each) with lots of language and subtitle options.

I compared my individual copy of DH part 2 with the one from the set and they are identical as size (GBs of the discs) and quality. There is a minor differences in the menus and the set's one features one ad more but this is normal because my release is intended for my region (I'm from Bulgaria).

I'm really happy with the set and I recommend it to every fan that wants to complete their collection. I do believe it will also be a good present for every HP fan that is still missing some of the films or just wants to experience them in HD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty great collection., 3 April 2013
This package really does show you how much the Harry Potter movies evolved. From the relative whimsy and colour of the Chris Columbus films to the dark oppressiveness of the final films, we also get to see the stars mature. The visuals get better with each release too, and it is especially obvious on Blu-ray. The first films looks great but a closer look shows detail lacking in several scenes like the effects-heavy shots. The last few films however have amazing visuals that really shows it pays to have a HD setup in your home.

To put it simply, these are all the Harry Potter movies on Blu-ray with the special features identical to their individual releases (although Deathly Hallows Part 2 is not in 3D). Every two films and their bonus discs (if any) are put in one disc case. This is a good idea as I noticed that every pair of films shares a common tone and feel; years 1 and 2 feels are filled with adventure and discovery, the next two films introduces the underlying darkness and ends with a death, the two after that have the character preparing for war which comes to full force in the Deathly Hallows. It's great to have them all in one place like this. There's nothing to recommend if you have most of the films from their individual releases, but a good purchase for those that need to buy them all at once or as a gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!, 1 Dec. 2011
I just can not believe it.
I first loggged on to Amazon.com here in the United States, and I was about to order the Harry Potter Collectors Set, however, before placing my order, I started reading some of the reviews, some of the the people were giving very poor reviews/ratings to the U.S. released version of the collectors set.
I read one review from a man that said he was a U.S. citizen living in London, and he said that the UK version was so much better that the US version, OH MY GOSH!!, was he ever right.
I don't know why we in the United States are offered such a poor eqivalent, but we are.
If this set (UK version) is all that it is supposed to be, then I have made the right choice.
I placed my order at Amazon.co.uk, and I just can't believe how easy the whole purchase process was, even with the shipping.
I was equally amazed at the low price for everything, I was even given a currency conversion chart to show me the difference between British Pounds and U.S. Dollars.
YOU BRIT'S KICK ASS!!!!!....... I'm not sure what the British slang eqivalent to this phrase is, but believe me, it means VERY, VERY GOOD!!
I am supposed to receive my package by Thursday, December 7th, so, if I do, I will post an update and let you all know how it turns out.

Sincerely,
A Very Happy Texan

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 24 Sept. 2012
This is exactly what I was looking for. It cost half the price to get this product shipped to America from England than just buying the American version...it also has more discs of special features than the US version and the box cover is even better. Finally it's completely region free so it will work wherever you take it. Buy this and be happy with yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Waive your wand, sit back and enjoy, 29 Nov. 2012
I have only seen snatches of Harry Potter films on television and have usually fell asleep whilst they were on so I missed significant amounts. I went to see the final one at the cinema and missed half of it! It has been a real treat to be able to actually watch all of them in the order in which they were released. The quality of each film is excellent both in sound and visually. I am absolutely delighted to be the proud owner of this boxed set of Harry Potter and would heartily recommend it to anyone who likes fun and a bit of suspense.
Michael (aged 65 but still young in heart)

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent alternative to the North American box set., 15 July 2013
B. Albert (USA) - See all my reviews
I feel like I should preface this review with a disclaimer: I am reviewing only the Blu-Ray version of this collection, which is Region-Free and "should" work on any North American Blu-Ray player. Many of the negative reviews I've seen are from buyers who bought the DVD version expecting it to also be region-free, which it is not. (Standard DVDs in general, particularly from major studios, are almost always going to be region-locked. So if you buy a DVD from Amazon UK, you should expect it to be Region 2 PAL.)

For the record, I have a North American 120GB PS3 Slim, and all of the discs, movies and special features alike, played flawlessly.

Like many other reviewers, two things in particular attracted me to this collection over its North American counterpart. First of all, it's cheaper. The price of the N.A. set has come down in recent months, but this one is still less expensive as of this writing. Better still, there is more content in the UK version. For those of you who don't know, this set is basically a compilation of the individual releases of each film. While the first five films were released as single discs, the last three were 2-disc sets (with, as you might expect, the movie on the first disc and the special features on the second). The N.A. version omits the special features discs for the last three films, but they are included here. Now, obviously, this collection is not as comprehensive as the Ultimate Editions or the Wizard's Collection. There are no extended cuts or 3D versions here, and since the early films were limited to single discs, the extras are somewhat lacking. But for the more casual Harry Potter fan like myself, you're getting all you probably need for under $50, based on current pricing and exchange rates.

I have no complaints about the video quality of these discs. I'm sure the early films would've benefited from having separate discs for the special features thereby allowing for a higher bit-rate for the movies themselves, but they look fine. The later films, having more room to breathe as well as simply being newer, look fantastic. I have yet to experience the lossless audio options as I have an older A/V receiver, but the lossy Dolby Digital and DTS tracks sound great for what they are.

I will say that the packaging could have been better. The set comes in a cardboard slipcase housing four Blu-Ray cases containing two movies each. This is fine, but the hinges on the disc trays are a bit flimsy and the fourth case, which houses the two Deathly Hallows movies, is unnecessarily thick with a lot of empty space for the discs to be jostled around and become dislodged during shipping. Fortunately, this didn't happen to me, but I'm sure it easily could have.

That minor complaint aside, I couldn't be happier with this purchase and would recommend this collection to anyone who wants the Harry Potter movies but can't justify the expense of the Ultimate Editions or the Wizard's Collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing price. Amazing set!!, 29 Nov. 2012
Para la gente de España, que esté dudosa de comprar este pack decirles que yo me guié por los comentarios como este, en el cual ponía que si que estaba en español y, efectivamente, está en perfecto español de España.

He de decir que lo que está en español de España son los discos de las películas. Los discos de extras no vienen en español, sólo inglés

Sobre el pack, decir que vienen en formato Amaray doble para las primeras 6 películas, y en un Amaray cuadruple (Peliculas + extras) para el cierre de la saga.

Un set de películas que no debería faltar en la estantería
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For people who wants to know if this pack includes Spanish language, say that these films have spanish language for each title, but extra content is available only in English language..

The format for these films are in Double Amaray format for the first 6 titles and in quadruple Amaray format for the last title of this set.

Is a set that you must have in your library!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Feb. 2013
Works perfectly on US PS3 and for an amazing price! Have viewed all films and special features without a hitch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Limited Edition Boxset, 30 Nov. 2011
I just got this in the mail today (in case you're wondering, I got number 10,746). We all know how good the movies are, and if you're looking to buy this, you obviously like them a fair amount, so I won't bore anyone with a review of the movies. Despite there being 13 reviews here already about the movies or comparisons to what the US gets, I thought it was worth reviewing the actual boxset.

The box itself is very nice. It's hard and sturdy, certainly not a cheap job. You'd have to put quite some effort in to break it. You open it up and you get two fold-outs of discs and a nice little photo book. The book is quite nice. It's full colour, hardback and very nicely presented inside. Certainly nice for collectors. The first fold-out is labelled 'Years 1-5' and has a Blu-Ray disc and DVD disc for Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix. The second fold-out is labelled 'Years 6-7 part 1 and 2' and contains a Blu-Ray disc of each of the three movies, a DVD disc of each of the three movies, and a Blu-Ray disc for each of their Special Features.

However, despite my 5-star rating, it's not perfect. As you're probably thinking, there's no Special Feature discs for the first five movies, only the last three. The only other bad point is there's no kind of latch to keep the box closed. The lid just flops open when you place the box on it's side on your shelf. Prop it up against other DVDs/Blu-Rays/Books and you should be okay, but a bit annoying nonetheless.

Outside of those two bad points, it's a solid box worth every penny.