2,919 Reviews
 (2,432)

5.0 out of 5 stars Special features for all the Movies
Great set!! There are enough normal reviews here, so I just wanted to point out something important to some. Each of the first four movies have special features also. Just that they are located on the disk along with the movie, instead of on a separate disk. This isn't a reduced feature set like some were thinking. There are special features for all the movies.........
Published on 15 Dec. 2011 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and Cheerful
I bought this a couple of weeks ago and have just finished watching all of the movies. I am a die hard book fan so am not the biggest fan of the movies but, since the movies have been reviewed to death, I'll just focus on the actual box set here. The version I have is just DVD.

I paid £20.20 for this set that includes all eight of the films. I thought this was...
Published on 26 Oct. 2012 by dkm1981

5.0 out of 5 stars Special features for all the Movies, 15 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free] [2001] (Blu-ray)

5.0 out of 5 stars I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!, 1 Dec. 2011
I just can not believe it.
I first loggged on to Amazon.com here in the United States, and I was about to order the Harry Potter Collectors Set, however, before placing my order, I started reading some of the reviews, some of the the people were giving very poor reviews/ratings to the U.S. released version of the collectors set.
I read one review from a man that said he was a U.S. citizen living in London, and he said that the UK version was so much better that the US version, OH MY GOSH!!, was he ever right.
I don't know why we in the United States are offered such a poor eqivalent, but we are.
If this set (UK version) is all that it is supposed to be, then I have made the right choice.
I placed my order at Amazon.co.uk, and I just can't believe how easy the whole purchase process was, even with the shipping.
I was equally amazed at the low price for everything, I was even given a currency conversion chart to show me the difference between British Pounds and U.S. Dollars.
YOU BRIT'S KICK ASS!!!!!....... I'm not sure what the British slang eqivalent to this phrase is, but believe me, it means VERY, VERY GOOD!!
I am supposed to receive my package by Thursday, December 7th, so, if I do, I will post an update and let you all know how it turns out.

Sincerely,
A Very Happy Texan

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 24 Sept. 2012
This is exactly what I was looking for. It cost half the price to get this product shipped to America from England than just buying the American version...it also has more discs of special features than the US version and the box cover is even better. Finally it's completely region free so it will work wherever you take it. Buy this and be happy with yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter - The Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free], 16 Dec. 2013
I bought this collection (the blu-ray discs) because I'm a big fan of the series.

I was missing the first film and the sixth one (I didn't get it because I was disappointed from it). I have the other films on DVD and the last one (part 2) on Blu-ray.
This set is exactly what I wanted. It has all the films and is really cheap.

I was reading the other comments of people saying there are lots of ads and the films are grainy. In my case is exactly the other way. The films are perfectly presented in HD and all of the films except the last one (only two ads) don't feature any ads.

The discs are situated in standard blu-ray boxes with good quality. They don't feel cheap.
The discs are like from the individual releases. On the discs of the first five movies it says on them "FOR RENTAL OR RESALE". This is not a problem at all for me because as I said the quality is HD and there are no ads. Though this releases don't feature a lot of language options or subtitle I'm perfectly fine with this. When you put the discs in the player the films start momentarily but if you call the menu you'll see that there is a lot of bonus material included there.

The other three films are exactly as the individual blu-ray releases (featuring bonus discs for each) with lots of language and subtitle options.

I compared my individual copy of DH part 2 with the one from the set and they are identical as size (GBs of the discs) and quality. There is a minor differences in the menus and the set's one features one ad more but this is normal because my release is intended for my region (I'm from Bulgaria).

I'm really happy with the set and I recommend it to every fan that wants to complete their collection. I do believe it will also be a good present for every HP fan that is still missing some of the films or just wants to experience them in HD.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent alternative to the North American box set., 15 July 2013
B. Albert (USA) - See all my reviews
I feel like I should preface this review with a disclaimer: I am reviewing only the Blu-Ray version of this collection, which is Region-Free and "should" work on any North American Blu-Ray player. Many of the negative reviews I've seen are from buyers who bought the DVD version expecting it to also be region-free, which it is not. (Standard DVDs in general, particularly from major studios, are almost always going to be region-locked. So if you buy a DVD from Amazon UK, you should expect it to be Region 2 PAL.)

For the record, I have a North American 120GB PS3 Slim, and all of the discs, movies and special features alike, played flawlessly.

Like many other reviewers, two things in particular attracted me to this collection over its North American counterpart. First of all, it's cheaper. The price of the N.A. set has come down in recent months, but this one is still less expensive as of this writing. Better still, there is more content in the UK version. For those of you who don't know, this set is basically a compilation of the individual releases of each film. While the first five films were released as single discs, the last three were 2-disc sets (with, as you might expect, the movie on the first disc and the special features on the second). The N.A. version omits the special features discs for the last three films, but they are included here. Now, obviously, this collection is not as comprehensive as the Ultimate Editions or the Wizard's Collection. There are no extended cuts or 3D versions here, and since the early films were limited to single discs, the extras are somewhat lacking. But for the more casual Harry Potter fan like myself, you're getting all you probably need for under $50, based on current pricing and exchange rates.

I have no complaints about the video quality of these discs. I'm sure the early films would've benefited from having separate discs for the special features thereby allowing for a higher bit-rate for the movies themselves, but they look fine. The later films, having more room to breathe as well as simply being newer, look fantastic. I have yet to experience the lossless audio options as I have an older A/V receiver, but the lossy Dolby Digital and DTS tracks sound great for what they are.

I will say that the packaging could have been better. The set comes in a cardboard slipcase housing four Blu-Ray cases containing two movies each. This is fine, but the hinges on the disc trays are a bit flimsy and the fourth case, which houses the two Deathly Hallows movies, is unnecessarily thick with a lot of empty space for the discs to be jostled around and become dislodged during shipping. Fortunately, this didn't happen to me, but I'm sure it easily could have.

That minor complaint aside, I couldn't be happier with this purchase and would recommend this collection to anyone who wants the Harry Potter movies but can't justify the expense of the Ultimate Editions or the Wizard's Collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing price. Amazing set!!, 29 Nov. 2012
Para la gente de España, que esté dudosa de comprar este pack decirles que yo me guié por los comentarios como este, en el cual ponía que si que estaba en español y, efectivamente, está en perfecto español de España.

He de decir que lo que está en español de España son los discos de las películas. Los discos de extras no vienen en español, sólo inglés

Sobre el pack, decir que vienen en formato Amaray doble para las primeras 6 películas, y en un Amaray cuadruple (Peliculas + extras) para el cierre de la saga.

Un set de películas que no debería faltar en la estantería
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For people who wants to know if this pack includes Spanish language, say that these films have spanish language for each title, but extra content is available only in English language..

The format for these films are in Double Amaray format for the first 6 titles and in quadruple Amaray format for the last title of this set.

Is a set that you must have in your library!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Feb. 2013
Works perfectly on US PS3 and for an amazing price! Have viewed all films and special features without a hitch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Limited Edition Boxset, 30 Nov. 2011
I just got this in the mail today (in case you're wondering, I got number 10,746). We all know how good the movies are, and if you're looking to buy this, you obviously like them a fair amount, so I won't bore anyone with a review of the movies. Despite there being 13 reviews here already about the movies or comparisons to what the US gets, I thought it was worth reviewing the actual boxset.

The box itself is very nice. It's hard and sturdy, certainly not a cheap job. You'd have to put quite some effort in to break it. You open it up and you get two fold-outs of discs and a nice little photo book. The book is quite nice. It's full colour, hardback and very nicely presented inside. Certainly nice for collectors. The first fold-out is labelled 'Years 1-5' and has a Blu-Ray disc and DVD disc for Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix. The second fold-out is labelled 'Years 6-7 part 1 and 2' and contains a Blu-Ray disc of each of the three movies, a DVD disc of each of the three movies, and a Blu-Ray disc for each of their Special Features.

However, despite my 5-star rating, it's not perfect. As you're probably thinking, there's no Special Feature discs for the first five movies, only the last three. The only other bad point is there's no kind of latch to keep the box closed. The lid just flops open when you place the box on it's side on your shelf. Prop it up against other DVDs/Blu-Rays/Books and you should be okay, but a bit annoying nonetheless.

Outside of those two bad points, it's a solid box worth every penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy box set, 30 Nov. 2011
A. ODowd (Margate, UK) - See all my reviews
I received this box set today - two days early - so thanks to Amazon for that surprise - and I am not disappointed. In case anyone is interested, I got number 5,429 out of the 25,000 copies of this limited edition.

The blu-rays and DVDs are presented in a sturdy and attractive box which should protect them well. The photo album inside is also well produced with glossy pics of the cast from all eight films. The cover is flat with some very slight embossing and does not have a raised shield as the product picture kind of suggests it would.

Only one small gripe - you have to peel off the paper cover stuck around the outside of the box to be able to open it up, which is fiddly and means you will have to unstick that cover every time to get access to the discs unless you are happy to throw away the paper cover - which you are unlikely to want to do.

Apart from that, the product is good and having watched some of the discs already, the picture quality is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice., 26 Mar. 2013
Technically the set was perfect and without defects. The blu-ray images were crisp and clear. I did not detect any missing footage from the theatrical versions and in fact I thought that the UK disks may have contained brief additional materials. The episodes were magical and amusing except for the darker events of the last volumes of the series. A good selection for a collection of the more remarkable films of the last decade. Although extra documentary materials are included, I did not watch them because I simply wanted to an escape from reality for the entertainment value. A good economical buy.