2,155 Reviews
 (1,759)

5.0 out of 5 stars Special features for all the Movies
Great set!! There are enough normal reviews here, so I just wanted to point out something important to some. Each of the first four movies have special features also. Just that they are located on the disk along with the movie, instead of on a separate disk. This isn't a reduced feature set like some were thinking. There are special features for all the movies.........
Published on 15 Dec 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Great films, shame I couldn't watch them all
Only one star as not all the discs would play. After returning the first set and receiving a second I encountered the same problem.
Films 1-5 played fine the others would not.
However, the films themselves were fantastic
Published 8 months ago by Michelle

5.0 out of 5 stars Special features for all the Movies, 15 Dec 2011
This review is from: Harry Potter - The Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)

5.0 out of 5 stars Potter Fan, 6 Jan 2014
There is no question that I enjoyed the movies! I've wanted the complete collection in Blu-ray since it was announced that there would be a movie for each book. I've watched 5 of the 8 discs and so far they have all played perfectly. What really amazed me was how quickly I received the collection - I live in the US and I received the collection from the UK in less than 2 weeks! I would and have highly recommended this collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just To Clear Up The Audio Issue, 30 Nov 2011
PLEASE NOTE - THE REVIEW BELOW WAS WRITTEN FOR THE ORIGINAL BOX SET RELEASE WHICH WAS IN CIRCULATION UNTIL NOVEMBER 2013. WARNER IN THEIR INFINITE WISDOM, HAVE DECIDED TO SWITCH THE DISCS AND THE NEW DISCS ONLY CONTAIN ENGLISH AS AN OPTION IN DISCS 1-5 THE AMAZON LISTING ABOVE HOWEVER IS STILL INCORRECT AS USUAL - THE MAIN AUDIO TRACK IN DISCS 1-5 IS PURE PCM 5.1 UNCOMPRESSED SOUND - SELECT IT FROM THE AUDIO MENU IN CASE YOUR PLAYER AUTOMATICALLY DEFAULTS TO DOLBY DIGITAL AS THE AMAZON PLAYER OBVIOUSLY DID AND SO THE DINGBAT WHO WORKS FOR THEM WROTE DOLBY DIGITAL ABOVE AS THE MAIN AUDIO TRACK
ALL DISCS ARE REGION FREE
I received the box set this morning 30th november.
The discs in this set are identical to those that have appeared in previous incarnations of HP Box Sets up to an including the box set HP 1- 7 part 1.
Please note i'm talking about the basic box set not the £ 66 box set with the extra fancy packaging.
The audio on films 1-5 will default to dolby digital 5.1 , you have to enter the set up audio menu and select the PCM 5.1 sound option to get fully blown away by pure uncompressed cinematic sound , the highest quality there is out there.
Film 6 "Half Blood Prince" is best seen (and heard) with the Dolby TrueHD 5.1 audio option selected. Your player may default to this automatically but it's best to check in the pop-up menu audio options.Dolby TrueHD can be decoded to also play lossless uncompressed sound by your player/av receiver.
Both the Deathly Hallows films have dts-hd ma 5.1 audio as the best sound option. Check the menu to make sure you have it selected.
The discs also have a bewildering array of other audio and subtitle options with up to 15 audio options and 30 subtitles available.
FULL AUDIO & SUBTITLE OPTIONS

1) PHILOSOPHER'S STONE
English (PCM 5.1)
English , French (Quebec) , French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Chinese, Danish, Flemish, Swedish. ( All at Dolby Digital 5.1 448 kbps )

Subtitles: English , French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Latin Spanish, Portuguese,Portuguese(Brazilian), Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish

2) CHAMBER OF SECRETS
English (PCM 5.1)
English , French (Quebec) , French, German, Italian, Spanish, Catalan, Latin Spanish, Dutch, Chinese, Danish, Flemish, Swedish. ( All at Dolby Digital 5.1 640 kbps )except Dutch Japanese Swedish (448 kbps)

Subtitles: English , French, German, Italian, Spanish, Catalan, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Latin Spanish, Portuguese, Portuguese(Brazilian), Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish

3) PRISONER OF AZKABAN
English (PCM 5.1)
English , French (Quebec) , French, German, Italian, Spanish, Catalan, Latin Spanish, Dutch, Danish, Flemish, Swedish. ( All at Dolby Digital 5.1 640 kbps )except Dutch Danish Catalan Swedish (448 kbps)

Subtitles: English , French, German, Italian, Spanish, Catalan, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Latin Spanish, Portuguese,Portuguese(Brazilian), Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish

4) GOBLET OF FIRE
English (PCM 5.1)
English , French (Quebec) , French, German, Italian, Spanish, Catalan, Latin Spanish, Dutch, Danish, Flemish, Swedish. ( All at Dolby Digital 5.1 448kbps )

5) ORDER OF THE PHOENIX

6) HALF BLOOD PRINCE
Audio:
English (Dolby TrueHD 5.1)
French, German, Italian, Spanish, Catalan, Latin Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese, ( All at Dolby Digital 5.1 448kbps )

Subtitles: English , French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Latin Spanish, Portuguese, Portuguese(Brazilian), Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish

7) DEATHLY HALLOWS 1
English (dts-hd ma 5.1)
Spanish, Catalan, Czech ( All at Dolby Digital 5.1 640 kbps )

Subtitles: Japanese, English, Spanish, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Slovakian, Swedish,

7) DEATHLY HALLOWS 2
English (dts-hd ma 5.1)
Spanish, Catalan, Czech, Slovak ( All at Dolby Digital 5.1 640 kbps )

5.0 out of 5 stars I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!, 1 Dec 2011
I just can not believe it.
I first loggged on to Amazon.com here in the United States, and I was about to order the Harry Potter Collectors Set, however, before placing my order, I started reading some of the reviews, some of the the people were giving very poor reviews/ratings to the U.S. released version of the collectors set.
I read one review from a man that said he was a U.S. citizen living in London, and he said that the UK version was so much better that the US version, OH MY GOSH!!, was he ever right.
I don't know why we in the United States are offered such a poor eqivalent, but we are.
If this set (UK version) is all that it is supposed to be, then I have made the right choice.
I placed my order at Amazon.co.uk, and I just can't believe how easy the whole purchase process was, even with the shipping.
I was equally amazed at the low price for everything, I was even given a currency conversion chart to show me the difference between British Pounds and U.S. Dollars.
YOU BRIT'S KICK ASS!!!!!....... I'm not sure what the British slang eqivalent to this phrase is, but believe me, it means VERY, VERY GOOD!!
I am supposed to receive my package by Thursday, December 7th, so, if I do, I will post an update and let you all know how it turns out.

Sincerely,
A Very Happy Texan

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 24 Sep 2012
This is exactly what I was looking for. It cost half the price to get this product shipped to America from England than just buying the American version...it also has more discs of special features than the US version and the box cover is even better. Finally it's completely region free so it will work wherever you take it. Buy this and be happy with yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter - The Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free], 16 Dec 2013
I bought this collection (the blu-ray discs) because I'm a big fan of the series.

I was missing the first film and the sixth one (I didn't get it because I was disappointed from it). I have the other films on DVD and the last one (part 2) on Blu-ray.
This set is exactly what I wanted. It has all the films and is really cheap.

I was reading the other comments of people saying there are lots of ads and the films are grainy. In my case is exactly the other way. The films are perfectly presented in HD and all of the films except the last one (only two ads) don't feature any ads.

The discs are situated in standard blu-ray boxes with good quality. They don't feel cheap.
The discs are like from the individual releases. On the discs of the first five movies it says on them "FOR RENTAL OR RESALE". This is not a problem at all for me because as I said the quality is HD and there are no ads. Though this releases don't feature a lot of language options or subtitle I'm perfectly fine with this. When you put the discs in the player the films start momentarily but if you call the menu you'll see that there is a lot of bonus material included there.

The other three films are exactly as the individual blu-ray releases (featuring bonus discs for each) with lots of language and subtitle options.

I compared my individual copy of DH part 2 with the one from the set and they are identical as size (GBs of the discs) and quality. There is a minor differences in the menus and the set's one features one ad more but this is normal because my release is intended for my region (I'm from Bulgaria).

I'm really happy with the set and I recommend it to every fan that wants to complete their collection. I do believe it will also be a good present for every HP fan that is still missing some of the films or just wants to experience them in HD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 Feb 2013
Works perfectly on US PS3 and for an amazing price! Have viewed all films and special features without a hitch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Limited Edition Boxset, 30 Nov 2011
I just got this in the mail today (in case you're wondering, I got number 10,746). We all know how good the movies are, and if you're looking to buy this, you obviously like them a fair amount, so I won't bore anyone with a review of the movies. Despite there being 13 reviews here already about the movies or comparisons to what the US gets, I thought it was worth reviewing the actual boxset.

The box itself is very nice. It's hard and sturdy, certainly not a cheap job. You'd have to put quite some effort in to break it. You open it up and you get two fold-outs of discs and a nice little photo book. The book is quite nice. It's full colour, hardback and very nicely presented inside. Certainly nice for collectors. The first fold-out is labelled 'Years 1-5' and has a Blu-Ray disc and DVD disc for Philosopher's Stone, Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix. The second fold-out is labelled 'Years 6-7 part 1 and 2' and contains a Blu-Ray disc of each of the three movies, a DVD disc of each of the three movies, and a Blu-Ray disc for each of their Special Features.

However, despite my 5-star rating, it's not perfect. As you're probably thinking, there's no Special Feature discs for the first five movies, only the last three. The only other bad point is there's no kind of latch to keep the box closed. The lid just flops open when you place the box on it's side on your shelf. Prop it up against other DVDs/Blu-Rays/Books and you should be okay, but a bit annoying nonetheless.

Outside of those two bad points, it's a solid box worth every penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy box set, 30 Nov 2011
A. ODowd (Margate, UK) - See all my reviews
I received this box set today - two days early - so thanks to Amazon for that surprise - and I am not disappointed. In case anyone is interested, I got number 5,429 out of the 25,000 copies of this limited edition.

The blu-rays and DVDs are presented in a sturdy and attractive box which should protect them well. The photo album inside is also well produced with glossy pics of the cast from all eight films. The cover is flat with some very slight embossing and does not have a raised shield as the product picture kind of suggests it would.

Only one small gripe - you have to peel off the paper cover stuck around the outside of the box to be able to open it up, which is fiddly and means you will have to unstick that cover every time to get access to the discs unless you are happy to throw away the paper cover - which you are unlikely to want to do.

Apart from that, the product is good and having watched some of the discs already, the picture quality is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 28 Sep 2013
great for all potter fans. all films included and works. what more could you ask for? four more words required.

Harry Potter - The Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray] [2011] [Region Free]