5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another film opportunity?
Published on 4 Aug 2011 by rhosymynydd

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor
Published on 31 Aug 2011 by travelswithadiplomat

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another film opportunity?, 4 Aug 2011
rhosymynydd "liz" (west wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Reading this book, you cannot help but visualise the settings and a perfect Harrison Ford type movie! It is yet another "ripping yarn" from the proven author Charles Brokaw.(Lucifer code & Atlantis Code). This one moves quickly from China to the Himalayas to the Gaza Strip and Jerusalem with villains and heroes on every page. It does contain some serious research on linguistics which for fans of the recent TV series "The code" on the mystery of numbers, is an added draw.
This is escapist fiction at its best. I am open to reading anything from non fiction to serious literature, my weakness began with Jack Higgins and since then I have sort out authors that can provide a quick read with a good storyline that helps me pass my insommnia. This works and great fun to boot. The Temple Mount Code

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 31 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Temple Mount Code: A Thomas Lourds Thriller (Kindle Edition)
I have to agree somewhat with the earlier one-star review I read. Having been given this as part of a 3-for-2 in Waterstones, the only positive I can draw is that technically, I didn't pay for it. Aside from a weak and somewhat incredulous plot (even for the genre), a series of one-dimensional "baddies" with cliched observations on the world, I have to say the problem with these books is the main character. Thomas Lourds is basically Robert Langdon (see Dan Brown) with a libido that Casanova would be proud of. A string of strong, highly intelligent women seem to just queue up to throw themselves under him as quickly as possible in a manner that makes these novels almost male fantasy and does them a massive disservice. In this case it is the beautiful, bright, finely trained agent Miriam plus the chafing super-rich Alice Volker who becomes one more notch on the Lourdes bedpost. Author Brokaw tries to pass off his cavalier attitude towards women and relationships by giving him a professorial view on gallantry that is demeaning.
The premise of this latest novel is weak, unexplored and tentative. Unfortunately, this is one novel that has been passed rather quickly to the charity shops; though I don't recommend it. Perhaps the author can improve his next offering...

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story, but....., 31 Dec 2011
A fairly good page turner, with a well crafted plot.
However, I do wish the author would buy himself a thesaurus, the use of English is extremely unimaginative to say the very least, and I lost count of the number of times that I had to read that awful word 'gotten', sometimes appearing up to three times on a single page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Temple Mount, 9 Aug 2011
Scott Campbell (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Usually what happens is that I buy a couple of books for the holidays but dont get a chance to read it until I get home because of the kids wanting to play in the pool etc.

Not this time however. I started reading this on the plane and couldnt put it down until it was finished.

Not too indepth or heavy to get into and there are times when you want more of an explanation for historical references etc.

But all in all a dam good enjoyable read. That much so that I will buy the Atlantis & Lucifer Code books

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter bilge, 26 Aug 2011
A friend of mine read The Atlantis Code and found it so laughably bad that I felt compelled to read it too. It was utterly awful and showed great weaknesses both on the part of the author and his editor.
It was with a feeling of despair that I picked up the SECOND sequel in the form of The Temple Mount Code. I had very low expectations and it failed to meet them.
You can read Brokaw's series... but only for comic value.
Any and every writer has the freedom to write whatever they want and they should all have the opportunity to be published. That does not mean they should be published.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Great book

4.0 out of 5 stars reading matter, 18 Nov 2013
This is a very good adventure book. On the lines of the Da Vinci code it grabs you after a few pages & then it's a 'don't put down' novel.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what was expected., 1 Oct 2013
Wasn't a bad read and quite well paced although it did tend to read like a book written from film story boards rather than being written first. There didn't seem to be much going on in the way of codes or enigmas or anything to get you thinking, and up to the last small section of the book it was mostly all action gun fights and stuff which is a little ubiquitous these days. I must admit I could have done with a little more cerebral writing in it. That said I couldn't write a book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 10 Aug 2013
Really really enjoyed this book. Much better than the second .love how the author has researched and tactfully explained the history and sensitivities of the area. First class in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book, 31 July 2013
I really enjoyed this book can't wait to read the next Thomas Florida book, I found the historical aspects of the book really interesting and was spell bound by the fast pass of the adventure thanks