on 20 February 2012
Frostfire Mooncandles Vanilla Scented Dripping Wax Colour Changing Candles with Remote Control, 4-inch/ 5-inch/ 6-inch

I've been having trouble sleeping recently and hoped these would create a more relaxing environment in the evening, to help me sleep. I adore real candles, but obviously I wouldn't leave one burning whilst I sleep - that is just foolish. I choose these frostfire candles in wax effect because I think the melting wax effect adds to the 'realness' of the candles. I have not been disappointed. The candles look like real flame candles when switched on, and when I switch them to a neutral colour (there are a range of orange/yellow natural tones). I was a tad worried these might look tacky on my shelf but they look very convincing as real candles so this is not a problem. I also like the fact that they come in three different sizes in this pack, the lack of uniformity is quirky and realistic.

In the evening I switch the candles to 'mood' mode - that is, the mode which allows the candles to cycle through each colour, in a memorizing rainbow. It is a very calming and psychedelic effect. When I settle down to sleep I set the candle on the four or eight hour timer and leave the candle in the gentle 'flickering' mode on a neutral colour.

The candle is controlled via a remote control that comes with them. You can change between the flickering mode and constant light mode. You can also select one of twelve colours for the candle light, or set the candles to cycle through each colour. There is both an eight hour and four hour timer, which will automatically turn off the candles after the allotted time - this would make the candles calming and safe lighting for a child's bedroom as they are non-flame - the candles can be used as night lights.

The candles are great because you can place them in hard to reach places and control them via the remote. Or, you could put the candles in places that you would never dream of placing a candle (e.g. an over crowded book shelf) because being flame-less they are not a fire hazard. They are also great for garden parties and candlelit bubble baths. You can leave these candles totally unattended if distracted, without any danger - again because they are not a fire hazard.

All in all the candles are amazing. They are stylish home decor items, and much safer than regular candles, which makes them ideal for children's bedrooms. They would also be great for parties in the home or garden due to the cool novelty of the changing colour lights. The candles smell faintly of vanilla, but this does fragrance the entire room. It is just a pleasant smell if you actually pick up the candle and sniff it. Each candle require 3x AAA batteries (which come free with the candles and are simple to replace). I recommend :-)
on 28 May 2012
This was a gift for my wife, I had seen this product for a long time but was waiting for an excuse to buy it and I bought it for her birthday.
I was afraid the candles would be thin but it was a nice surprise to find out how this product really is =)

I bought this 4, 5 and 6" pack because I thought it would make a nice pack (it does), my wife loves candles and instead of keeping the lights on she's always lighting candles. She said something after I bought it (before the birthday) that made me feel very happy, she said "We need red candles" and I thought "well... it does red" =) ehehe

So regarding the product, it has maybe 8 cm diameter (or more) and comes in three sizes, even the smaller one has a nice size.
The light is different on each candle, you can see light at the top on all candles and as the size grows the body is filled with light in a different way. The smaller size candle is the most uniform but has much light, the bigger one has the lower half and the top lit and a dimmed upper half. The middle one has a nice fill not very bright and not so dimmed. So if you're thinking on buying a pack with same size in all three candles have that in mind, or buy this pack before ;) so you can see and decide later, depending on where you want to put it and how.

It has realistic wax on the outside with a great vanilla scent that I never expected to smell so good and so much. The scent is soft and nice, and it is not constant in the room, you don't get tired of it because you notice it from time to time.

It needs 3 x AAA batteries per candle and not 2 as said but it has batteries included so =) it's not like that toy you give a kid but not the batteries ;) for a moment I saw that look on my wife's eyes =) but then "ON" and "et voila".

She has already ordered (me =) to buy a pack of 3x 6" or 3x 5" to put in other places so I think the days of burning candles this size is over ;)

Everybody that looks at the candles think it's real ;) until they see the lights changing eheheh
I must confess that yesterday I reached for the remote near the candles and I put my arm in a way it wouldn't get burnt =) OMG you can't help it! It's a great product!

Best Regards, Pedro.
on 5 October 2011
Well what can I say apart from FABULOUS !!! I own the philips candles but wanted something a bit more realistic .Theres a few mooncandles for sale on amazon and I watched a few in my shopping basket before deciding on these as take notice that some mooncandles are all the same size, some are different heights which is what I ordered and also theres the smooth sided ones and the ones which look like dripping wax which I wanted, also the vanilla smell is great .Firstly theres a switch on the base of the candles which you just place to the on position, and pull the plastic tab out the top of the remote , and wow amazing, there are so many colour options, greens , red, blues, yellows, purples and you can have the colour still or flicker (on the mode button), also theres a multicolour button so it changes itself, so much fun, I havent tried the 4 hr or 8 hr button yet-not sure if you just press it the once to set it yet, will try that out tonight.The box was adequately packed as these are real wax and id noticed some reviews the candles arrived cracked but no problems with mine...I highly recommend these and will buy some more!
UPDATE DEC 11....They do seem to use a lot of battery power since Ive bought them ive had to change the batteries twice , but I still like them just need to stock up a bit on the batteries!
on 31 December 2013
When I first got the candles I was very pleased with them and I still am for that matter, apart from one thing, I cannot get the remote to go to the colour yellow.

Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't of bought the coloured candles as I'm not a fan of all the different colours I prefer the more natural look and to me they then look more like the real thing.
on 27 December 2013
I ordered this item because we love candles but as we have a toddler we didn't feel comfortable leaving real candles burning. These are remote control with various colours they even have a mode that flickers like real candles and you don't need to worry if you forget to turn them off! I also bought these for my father, again very safe but look real.
on 10 June 2014
These are lovely candles, with a great set of dim lighting effects in several colours and no risk of starting a fire. People have said that they drain the batteries quickly, but I use them only occasionally so I'm quite happy. I'd like a bit more flicker to mimic a real flame more closely, but overall these are a great buy.
on 14 November 2013
THESE ARE THE BEST BATTERY CANDLES,I HAVE BOUGHT SOME OTHERS AND THEY HAVE STOPPED WORKING BUT THESE ONES ARE SO LOVELEY,THE COLOUR CHANGING MODES ARE SO GOOD AND MAKE A GREAT WINTERS EVENING VERY COSEY.
THEY ARE VERY CHUNKY AND SMELL OF VANILLA,I WILL BE BUYING THESE FOR XMAS PRESENTS AS I KNOW THEY WILL LOVE THEM.
on 28 November 2013
These candles are lovely, and more safe than real candles but give the same effect. I also like the choice of colours which you can change to the mood you are in. The only down side you must remember to switch them off at the base of the candles and not just the remote control as it drains the batteries.
on 20 May 2014
The candle look authentic, the remote is useful, the colours are nice. All this is made redundant by the incredibly short (More like 4 hours instead of 40,000) battery life. I am not inclined to fork out more money for batteries when I have just paid for this.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 28 January 2013
I have been looking at getting some led candles for a while but couldn't find one that looked realistic enough for me. Most sites that sell them do not have videos of the candles working so it is difficult to know if they are any good. I got these candles based on the other positive reviews.

I got a slightly different set where all of the candles are the same height, the function of the candles is the same.

Others have explained the use and function but I will add saying that the flickering effect is not as realistic as the Philips imageo but it is pleasing enough and the ability to change colour is a big plus.

They do take a lot of battery power but rechargeables take care if that.

Overall, highly recommended.