5.0 out of 5 stars Used for my PS3 Slim
*********PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR THE 1TB HDD and NOT for the 2TB*********

I don't usually write reviews so i'll keep it short.

I put this into my ps3 slim maybe a month or so ago now and so far it seems a lot quicker and quieter than the existing drive.
Published on 1 Jun. 2012 by Marcus

3.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't read 2tb in PC worked a dream in MacBook Pro 13" mid 2010
I purchased the 2tb m9t. first I put it into a toshiba L650 PC and it would only read it as 1tb. Some digging led me to learn how to extend read size using disk utility but then there were statements that it couldn't then be used as bootable disk. The model was shown as compatible with my PC. Also tried it with a new dell Inspiron - same thing. I contacted sea gate and...
Published 4 months ago by Cara

5.0 out of 5 stars Used for my PS3 Slim, 1 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Samsung M8 1TB 2.5" 9.5mm SATA 3Gpbs Internal Hard Drive -PS3/PS4 Compatible (Personal Computers)
*********PLEASE NOTE THIS IS FOR THE 1TB HDD and NOT for the 2TB*********

I don't usually write reviews so i'll keep it short.

If you are looking to buy a new drive for your ps3 slim i woud definately recommend this!
It's quick and easy to install

All you need to do before you remove your old drive is use the backup utility on your ps3 and back everything up to some form of external media (i used my 120gig ipod classic)and then make sure you sync all of your trophies before you remove the drive (you need to sync the trophies because the back-up utility does not do this).

Once everything is backed up you need to download the latest ps3 firmware, which can be found on their website, i then created the folder PS3 then another inside that called UPDATE (case sensitive for both) and make sure the file you download goes into this update folder. I put the PS3 folder with its contents onto my backup media as well(if you have space).

All you then need to do is pop the old drive out, put the new one in (very very simple, just slots in), plug the controller into your ps3 with the cable and also plug in your backup media, then turn it on, the ps3 will look for the update file and install all the relevant software, you can then use the backup utility (or something like that) to restore your old settings and files (games etc) all thats left once that is done is to re-sync the trophies back to your ps3.

Sit back and enjoy. The whole process took a long time for me (only the backup and restoring of the backup) so i'd do it when you've got other things to get on with.

Anyway the drive works great, i've put all my games on there as well as all my music and i still have around 700 gig left!
No problems to date!

Definately recommend this if you are wanting to upgrade your ps3 drive!

I guess i wrote more than i thought, i hope someone finds this useful.

If you need a better description of the process there are plenty of guides to be found on google or youtube.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 2 Sept. 2014
Please ignore the very few reviews saying this doesn't work in the PS4. It does! It works perfectly and it's extremely simple to do! Sony even do a step-by-step instruction page on their official PS website.

I was running very low on my original PS4 500GB HDD and figured a 1TB wouldn't last much longer either. This is perfect for people who like to keep games rather than trading them in after finishing.

It was packaged how it should have been... in an anti-static bag and then bubble wrapped and arrived quickly.

It feels good to look at your system storage management and see 1380GB free storage :)

One last thing... it has gone down in price by £10 since I ordered it. I thought it was cheap at £99.99! Don't hesitate!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works in 2011 13" MacBook Pro Optical Bay drive, 12 Oct. 2011
I have just installed this into my 13" MacBook Pro 2011 optical bay drive, I have already got a 120Gb solid state drive in my hard drive bay and needed more storage so decided to take a chance on this fitting and it does perfectly! No compatibility issues and reasonably easy to fit in the optical bay with the appropriate caddy. I thought I best put this on here as it might help others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a PS4 upgrade., 3 Dec. 2013
I bought this ready for the PS4 as I wasn't happy with the 500GB drive you get as standard. It fits like a glove, runs smooth and quiet and the PS4 took it like they were meant to be together. If you want an upgrade for your Ps4 or indeed the PS3 get this.

Speeds seem fast, I have downloaded and installed games of 20GB plus and it took no time at all.

Not much more to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars PS4 hard drive, 17 Dec. 2013
Perfect drive for increasing the capacity of your PS4 hard drive to 1tb. Very easy to do and works perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars More storage #4theplayers, 19 Dec. 2014
Mr. David Pendlebury "Dasch" (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Works splendidly in the PS4, quadrupled my storage space now, after firmware is installed it had around 1.8TB remaining. Just be sure when you download and place the latest firmware on a USB storage device it's around the 800mb new install file size, not the 200mb update one as you'll get a critical error when trying to install because it doesn't contain the necessary files.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung 1tb used for PS3, 23 Aug. 2012
I bought this to upgrade the 320gb hdd in my PS3 as i had run out of space the process of replacing the hdd was fast and easy and the Samsung 1tb hdd has been in use for over a month with no problems whatsoever its silent and i now have plenty of space would highly recomend this hdd for anyone looking to upgrade or replace there hdd. Steve

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the doomsayers, this is the Bizz, 23 Jan. 2015
First off, I love my ps4,so getting the right hard drive took me a few months of searching for one with enough capacity for my multitude of games,dlc,apps and so on.
After reading the reviews for the Samsung M9T 2TB I knew my search was over. Changing the hard drive over is dead easy, thanks to the enormous amount of do-it yourself videos on the internet, just make sure your flash drive is formatted fat32 for the update file and that the update file is the one closer to 1gb off the official PlayStation website.
Whole operation took about 1 hour an I'm slow at this stuff. Once in there was about 1.77gb of space on it, enough to keep me going until ps5.
Hard drive operates at same speed and sounds just a tiny bit quieter to me.
Would heartily recommend this excellent product to anyone looking for an upgrade

5.0 out of 5 stars ***** PLEASE NOTE THAT THE 2TB IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH PS3 *****, 11 Mar. 2015
Originally I bought this hard drive thinking it would be perfect for the mass amount of games I have accumulated through the PlayStation Plus service on my PS3 (Slim).

Unfortunately the 2TB doesn't work with it. There's no issue related to the drive itself, but after searching the internet (and I couldn't see anything here) the PS3 itself does not recognise hard drives that are larger than 1TB.

Luckily I own a PS4 as well and it is working as expected, I just wanted to leave quick heads up if you were thinking about using the 2TB in your PS3.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect PS4 HDD Replacement, 17 April 2015
I purchased this HDD to replace my standard 500GB HDD for the PS4.

Considering how big the PS4 game files are when installed, the standard 500GB unit fills up VERY quickly and I don't even have an extensive catalog of games either. For reference GTA V is around 60GB and Battlefield 4 along with additional DLC is also around 60GB - You can see with formatting, save game files and a few other apps how quickly the standard HDD will get used up.

Replacing the HDD could not be easier, even for those of you who may not feel confident delving inside the PS4 console. It really is just a case of sliding off the front cover, removing a single screw to release the HDD and then removing another 4 screws to release the standard 500GB unit. Simply replace with your new HDD, re-fit the screws and slide the HDD back into the console (There is no requirement of connecting wires etc).

Just remember that you will need to re-install or re-download your digital content and install everything again on to the new HDD.

Regarding your saved game data, you will need to back this up beforehand. You have the option of copying this to a USB drive or if you're a Playstation Plus subscriber your saved game data will be backed up to the cloud. Then it is just a case of downloading this data on to the new HDD.

You'll need to re install the latest PS4 OS on first boot, but again this is no hassle at all and is done from a USB drive.

Overall the process could not be any more straight forward. Sony provide full instructions on the process here - https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5107/~/upgrade-ps4-hdd

A great price for a much needed 2TB of storage and next day delivery from Prime.

Couldn't recommend this 2.5 HDD enough.

PSN - gazz10widnes