Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 1 October 2011
Real Gone's packaging might fall way short of what Gene Vincent deserves - it's limited to the box, cover and tray sleeve, but for the same price as a pack of smokes or jar of pomade, you receive over 100 tracks (6 albums in full plus assorted singles, EP tracks etc) of some of the wildest Rock 'n' Roll ever recorded for a major label. And in case you're wondering, the sound quality is just fine.

CD 1:

01 Women Love (Single)
02 Be Bop a Lula (Single)
03 Race with the Devil (Single)
04 Gonna Back Up Baby (Single)

BLUE JEAN BOP
05 Bluejean Bop
06 Jezebel
07 Ain't She Sweet
08 Jumps, Giggles and Shouts
09 Who Slapped John?
10 Wedding Bells (Are Breaking Up That Old Gang of Mine)
11 Up a Lazy River

27 Pink Thunderbird
28 Pretty Pretty Baby

CD 2:

01 Crazy Legs (Single
02 Important Words (Version 1 Single)
03 Five Days, Five Days (Single)
04 B I Bickey Bi Bo Bo Go (Single)
05 Wear My Ring (Single)
06 Lotta Lovin' (Single)
07 Dance to the Bop (Single)
08 I Got It (Single)

18 Time Will Bring You Everything
19 Should I Ever Love Again
20 It's No Lie

21 I Got a Baby (Single)
22 Walkin' Home from School (Single)
23 Baby Blue (Single)
24 True to You (Single)
25 Rocky Road Blues (Single)
26 Yes I Love You Baby (Single)
27 Little Lover (Single)
28 Say Mama (Single)
29 Be Bop Boogie Boy(Single)

CD 3:

07 Teenage Partner
08 Peace of Mind
09 Look What You've Gone and Done to Me
10 Summertime
11 I Can't Help It (If I'm Still in Love with You)
12 I Love You

13 Well I Knocked Bim Bam (Teenage Rock)
14 Dance in the Street (EP Track)
15 Lovely Loretta (EP Track)

SOUNDS LIKE GENE VINCENT
21 Ready Teddy
22 I Got to Get to You Yet
23 Vincent's Blues
24 Maybe
25 Now is the Hour (EP Track)
26 My Heart (EP Track)
27 Maybelline(EP Track)

CD 4:

01 Over the Rainbow (Single)
02 Who's Pushing Your Swing (Single)
03 Right Now (Single)
04 The Night is So Lonely (Single)
05 Wild Cat (Single)
06 Right Here on Earth (Single)

CRAZY TIMES
15 Hot Dollar
16 Accentuate the Positive
17 Blue Eye's Crying in the Rain
18 Pretty Pearly

19 Anna Annabelle (Single)
20 Pistol Packin' Mama (Single)
21 Weeping Willow (Single)

TV TOWN HALL PARTY TV (25TH October, 1958)
22 Be Bop a Lula
23 High Blood Pressure
24 Rip It Up
25 Dance to the Bop
26 You Win Again
27 For Your Precious Love

TV TOWN HALL PARTY TV (7th, November, 1958)
28 Roll over Beethoven
29 Over the Rainbow
30 She She Little Sheila
33 comments|89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 June 2012
How anyone cannot give 5 stars to this set is well beyond me.Every bit of Gene`s style is expounded here for all to hear.Personally I love his slow songs just as much as the real rock numbers.This is a true bargain for anyone a teenager in the 60`s.My grandson says the guitar work is "ace".(and he likes the way most of the words are able to be heard). Don`t procrastinate...BUY IT !
on 11 December 2013
Wonderful body of work showing early rock'n'roll from the 1950s. Some of the material is crude and off-beat, other parts utterly inspired.
on 12 May 2012
love this album. Loads of tracks i have not got. For the price very good value, buy and enjoy. Not just for Gene Vincent fans but for all rock n roll fans
on 6 June 2013
Purchased this CD as Gene vincent is a legend in my books, I wanted all the songs at a price that I could afford and here it is! A must for gene vincent fans!
VINE VOICEon 4 December 2012
The ultimate Gene Vincent collection. Wild & mild it's all here, Gene and the Blue Caps Rock, Roll & stroll you through their greatest hits, dance hall fillers and last dance smoothies.

I have been a Gene Vincent fan since my dearly departed father played 'Wildcat' when I was a kid and it blew me away.

If you are into Gene Vincent, Rock n Roll, Rockabilly or just rock music in general you MUST HAVE THIS COLLECTION!!!
on 20 January 2014
wanted mostly the hits which are all remastered in highest quality ever.probably sounds better than vinyl versions.gene vincent was underated in my opinion for original artist who came from the rock n roll scene.listen to the outtakes albums on you tube.worth a listen and smashing quality...............
on 1 December 2013
If you are a fan of true ROCK & ROLL this is the CD set for you it shows Gene at his best
on 16 November 2013
if you don,t want the original sleeve pics superb,but also you gene fans,the last 3 albums 68 to 71 are also brilliant.a million shades of blue and I,m back and I,m proud will complete you,re sets.Gene is the epitomy of what rock,nroll means.enjoy
on 25 November 2013
This collection is absolutely invaluable for any Gene Vincent fan. Wonderful mixture of rock and ballads including the lovely Peg of My Heart and Ain't She Sweet. A definate 5 star rating !!!