on 22 September 2011
Two great series showcasing the best of Britain's history and countryside and featuring endless hours of
Julia Bradbury. Great value for money boxset
on 25 May 2012
I have just viewed my Julia Bradbury Canal and Railways Walks videos.
This is the Britain I love coming to visit from Australia.
The camerman has removed some of the need for an extensive commentry, but Julia has included appearances by some great local identities.
But what fantastic helicopter shots have been taken!
This work has helped me to appreciate both the engineering and the wonderful country-side.
These programs are inspirational.
on 8 May 2012
Julia Bradbury has put together a very interesting collection of walks with commentary thats makes one want to go do the walks for themselves. Canal walks have so much appeal to all ages, the scenery and history make for interesting viewing. I am extremely happy with my purchase and with the prompt service i received from Amazon UK.
on 25 April 2012
These are two very good BBC series ; as described on the box they feature some mid-distance walks along canals & abandoned railway lines across the UK. Julia B is an excellent presenter, not too posh or too chavvy and she certainly gives you the inspiration to get out and enjoy the countryside. Plus she has the filthiest laugh of anyone on the beeb ! Good on yer Jules, any chance of an Urban walks series ??
on 23 September 2012
Julia and her production team have again hit the right area. The walks she covers in this DVD give excellent food for thought when booking short breaks for the not so strenuous walks.
on 31 December 2015
Purchased to make up a birthday present with rail based interest.

The Canal content being suitable for any transport or history oriented viewer.

All presented by the gamine ladette personality that is Julia Bradbury.

Enough facts for education enough history to impress other transportists; and enough aerial shots to satisfy any drone pilot.

Well worth the money as the programmes can be dipped into rather than viewed from end to end.

With the dire state of terrestrial free-view, 100 channels and nothing to view, video grams will continue to find a ready market.
on 12 July 2014
Both my wife and I enjoyed watching this series as we love the outdoors.

Julia presents this series of walks along our canals and disused railway lines in an easy going and informative way. Nice to see that although the railway lines are no longer used for transport have been transformed into walkways for everyone to use.

Living in Scotland, we both wanted to don our walking boots and head straight for the Caledonian Canal.

A most enjoyable series of walks for anyone who appreciates the great British countryside.
on 3 November 2013
DVD of the TV programme, very entertaining for walkers and countryside lovers. Canal users should be interested too. I enjoyed it
on 15 January 2013
I was a little disappointed with this series - the episodes seemed so rushed - twice the length would have made them much more interesting. The little that was shown only began to wet my appetite for me, and then it wasn't there! It's all very well to cram as much into a series as you can, but I think quantity is quality when it comes to the detail included in these programs.
on 1 February 2013
Julia is just lovely. She adds a delightful dimension to a journey along some of the UK's nicest canals. I have been along quite a few of the canals featured & I loved every episode.