4.0 out of 5 stars Superb but....
Love this game, its fantastic. Graphically second to none. It doesn't actually seem all that different from the previous Forza but that said Forza 3 was also a master piece. Forza 4 is a full on race simulator completely free from arcade style race game feats and contains in depth vehicle settings. You can tune your car to suit you and even edit the way it looks by adding...
Published on 24 Aug. 2012 by Popcorn Player

2.0 out of 5 stars a good game ruined by some major faults
forza is an amazing game but this one is ruined by the unskillful children who occupie online mode, the AI cars are terribly programmed and the settings are poor. aswell as the inability to drive at night or in the rain, and the fact that you have to pay £15 to buy ONE porsche (all the porsches are £15 (real money)); it might just be one of the biggest let downs in the...
Published 12 months ago by Rob

‹ Previous | 1 2 345 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for any car enthusiasts or racer fans out there., 29 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This is the first game I played on the x-box 360 and man was I impressed. Forza 4 has got to be the most visually stunning game I have ever seen. Easily one of the best racing games out there, you'll not get a more realistic driving game on any console. Bearing in mind that Turn 10 always aims to appeal across the gaming spectrum, whether your a hardcore racing fan or not, you will definitely enjoy this game. The result is accessible and accurate. Depending on your skill level, you can tweak the difficulty to provide steering and braking assistance on top of the usual ABS, traction control, and so on. The rewind feature is great too, as you can replay a previous mistake and fix it. If you want to be impressed right out of the box though, boot up Forza 4's Autovista mode and be prepared to see the quality visuals applied to some of the world's rarest and flashiest cars mustang, Ferrari, Lexus ect. This is showroom style car eye candy taken to the next level. If you're the kind of person that would go to a high-end automotive dealer to sniff cars and paw around in their interiors, you'll love this mode. Turn 10 has taken a collection of cars you'll likely never see in real life and rendered them to a level of detail that is so high that this mode looks like car commercial footage. The visuals in this mode go beyond anything you've ever see in a console game. In Autovista you're able to walk around and interact with all the doors, hoods, gears ect. The Top Gear test track challenges are much less infuriating than those found in GT5, and you're tasked with knocking down bowling pins to rack up a high score. You have several modes like Career mode as you can choose between World Tour, which sends you from track to track across the course of racing seasons, or pick from the event list different races will offer you extra credits, or boosts to your driver experience points (XP) or to your car's Affinity (which gets you cheap car upgrades) on top of the normal rewards. However, you can't control the AI difficulty level in World Tour, and the AI scales as your XP increases. If your goal is to amass as many credits as possible, World Tour is where you'll want to spend your time. No doubt about it, the graphics look amazing, the Bernese Alps in the distance on the Switzerland track look like HD movie footage. Every car model is perfect, down to the very last detail. Unlike some other racing games, you'll get high end, super-polished visuals with every car mode. Every car is a treat for the eyes. There is no doubt that Forza Motorsport 4 is the king of racers, highly recommended to racer fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the game I play the most., 12 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Its enjoyable for anyone who cares about cars and racing. However for any real enthusiasts who love perfecting their tuning setups and making unique cars, you may find yourself a little bit addicted! The career mode is enjoyable and so is the events mode. The rivals mode is where it can become addictive in my experience! with hundreds of thousands of peoples scores to beat climbing up the numbers is very satisfying whether its in time trials and hot laps, or drifting (cant tear myself away from) or drag racing. Trying to build a car that can outperform most others with a setup that is very possibly unique, with realistic physics and cars, and practising your own skill and combining the two to try and get to the top is very fun. I have actually learnt a lot about cars and tuning from this game! The game has hundreds of cars to choose from and all sorts of ways you can change the performance and sometimes the way they look. The game also has a number of different types of race, however i hope in the future games they make drifting and drag racing a larger part of the game. Overall I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars For all those who dream of racing in real life!!!, 29 Feb. 2012
MISTER STRINGS (Ellon, Aberdeenshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I've been a fan of racing games on various consoles over the years but none have been as good as Forza 4. Gran Turismo games were good at the time but after playing the Forza series of games on the Xbox/Xbox 360 i'm not interested in GT anymore. GT5 has no leaderboards for one but Forza has every leaderboard you could ask for. There's nothing more exciting than doing a fast lap around a track and waiting to see how you rank amongst the rest of the gaming world. Realism is also a big factor as the cars just feel right when your driving them and if like me you dream of racing in real life but you know you never will, then this is the closest you will get for the moment. I'm a big F1 fan so i love all the stats and timings you get in-game too. Addictive as hell when you and your friends are trying to beat each others lap time on the Top Gear Test Track! And yes Jeremy Clarkson does the voice overs for the Autovista feature which lets you look inside and outside of a few different cars. Bring on Forza 5!

5.0 out of 5 stars best game ever., 20 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I'm in my 40's and have been playing racing games since 'virtual driver' on the Sega Mega Drive. I have a PS3 & an Xbox and driving games are my preferred genre. Everything about this game is pleasing.

The obvious comparison to make is with Gran Turismo 5, I've played and loved all the GT games, and while the graphics are just a tiny bit better in GT5 than Forza 4 the driving in the 2 games is almost exactly the same. In most other respects GT5 is irritatingly badly put together, and I say this knowing full well I will still be buying GT6.

Forza 4 has it cracked. The whole front end of the game is well thought out. The buying, selling & market place is structured very well, the online play is great, and the tuning of your cars is as easy or complex as you choose. It's a joy from start to finish.

I've driven over 6000 miles in the game so far and I'm still playing. Best racing game ever.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as improved as it should be., 21 Oct. 2011
M. Paddon (England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Let me start by staying I was a big fan of Forza 3, and so this isn't a fanboy bashing, or a lack of knowledge of the games past, as I think I did nearly every achievement in Forza 3.

Firstly, on forza 4 I don't hate it, and it does have some good upgrades from Forza 3, but the simple truth is not enough, and in some areas just plain lazy from Turn 10 in my opinion. I'll list my good points and the bad and maybe my thinking will be clearer as to why this is.

The graphics have certainly been updated for Forza 4, and there is likely not a better looking set of cars and scenery in any racing game currently out there. The sound is also very good, though the car sounds are definately not 100% accurate to the real cars in many cases, even if close to it largely. I thought some sounded better in forza 3, but can't say I've heard enough in Forza 4 so far to be totally fair on how all the cars sound.

Car Handling. It's pretty good. Not like driving the real thing of course, but there are many features to turn on or off that will make it easier or harder to do, and if done with all the driving aids off and in simulation steering its not bad at all in a one off race and will be as reasonable as any other driving sim out there, and better than a large percentage of them. The cars do feel a little similar in a lot of cases to drive, but then thats not uncommon when you have a game thats filled with as many car types as Forza is. And to be honest a lot of real cars can feel quite similar to drive, but you will notice it playing the game, and so I note it here.

The AI is supposed to be improved in F4 over F3, but not by a lot as far as I can see. The cars will still be really slow to see that you having the racing line and not just crash into you. Unlike what another reviewer said they do seem to improve how fast they drive based on how you drive, and I'm assuming this will be only if you are consistant, which prehaps he wasn't. Certainly I destroyed the races in early races of careerer, but they started getting closer and closer after that. Because of this feature you can't actually pick an AI level like in most racing games, and only when I've played more than the 12% of career I have so far will I really know if this is great, really horrible or somewhere in between. I do hate though that in career mode the game chooses the grid order. I mean seriously? I'm fast enough to win, but I suck at qualifying? Sure some race meets do give random grids, but all of them in forza do, so come on this is a bit annoying in a racing sim.

Community. I think this is one area that Turn 10 do a great job over a lot of other games. There is options to make clubs so that you can share your cars, tunes, and paint jobs etc. Auction houses to buy and sell your cars, and storefronts where you can buy/sell anything from tunes bodywork art or full paint jobs. This is great, as lot of racing sims you have to do your own tuning if you want to stand a chance against other online players, even if you really hate doing this aspect of games. So at least with Forza you can buy tunes that other people have done. So the online is pretty good as far as racing sims go with all the options there are.

Autovista is a new thing with Forza 4 and lets you look over the inside and outside of the cars with voice commentary if you click on various parts of the car. To be honest this to me is an area I'd like to have seen scrapped in favour of something more to do with playing the actually racing part of the game. While it is fun to look over a couple of cars it will for 95% of the people that play this game become a boring feature within a day or so, and then likely never visited again. Might be your thing, but for me this was a kind of pointless feature that disc space could have been better used on.

Tracks. This for me is one of the huge let downs in Forza four and part of the reason for my low score. There aren't that many tracks, and 90%+ of them were in Forza 3. This means it can get a little boring racing the same tracks, even if there are the usual variations you get with the courses. Yes, they have added the top gear track, and couple of others, which is nice and fun, but its not enough. They should have added more tracks, and this would have been one thing I'd have had every day of the week over autovista. Add to that the fact that they have been so lazy that they haven't even updated silverstone to the new configuration and it makes you wonder if they bothered much at all with the old tracks other than graphic makeovers prehaps.

Other additions. Adding in bowling and football modes (taken from Top Gear) is ok to a degree as it adds a fun factor, but does it have a place in a racing sim? And this is supposed to be one. Seems wierd when I'm going through career mode and go from a race in one event to having to knock over bowling pins in the next "race", which seems a little ridiculous even if it is quite fun to do. I wonder though if that might get old fairly quickly and it will just annoy me later on in the career. Racing modes are ok for the most part giving you the option to do career, hotlaps or quick races. You can get leaderboard scores based on hotlap times or best drift scores for each track, which is the same as Forza 2. The annoying thing is if you do a quick race you can't change the amount of laps you do, which to me is a mind boggling error on Turn 10's part not to let people decide how long a race they want to do.

Big missing aspect to many is the fact that yet again Turn 10 have forgone on weather effects, and all races are dry races and all day ones even if at various times of the day. I've got to assume this is so they can have the really pretty visuals for the cars and tracks, which does make it a hard one to be to harsh on. And maybe its because a lot of people do prefer to race on dry days, but still it does feel like racing constantly in the dry is very unrealistic, as how often you see a dry race season in most motor sport?

Anyway, I gave it 3 stars because I felt let down about how much of an improvement I felt this was over forza 3 and the lack of things I believe should have been added over the things they actually decided to put into it. I guess I could stretch to 4 stars, but I did feel let down a fair bit. Variety is great Turn 10, but most people want tracks not little gimmicks that bore quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the last one, 5 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Forza 4 had a hard job to do; could it be better than the brilliant Forza 3? The answer is yes. It really is that good. The graphics have improved massively, the driving is better and there's new online modes. Car football (or scoccer as the game calls it is brilliant. Basically, everyone is smashing into each other! The storefront, auction house and designs are roughly the same (though there are some new vinyls)
However, there aren't many more cars and tracks with the game (although there are car and track packs to buy) The Top Gear track is a good entry and so's the mountain one. The Top Gear track would be better if you could do proper races on it.
Overall, definitely worth buying and good for casual and hardcore gamers alike.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best racers on the planet its GT 5 for Xbox 360, 11 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Almost perfect racer. Everything about oozes quality. its graphical prowess is awesome. the speed offers realism. the gameplay is simple and intuitive and races well. had not tried online gameplay yet so cant comment.

I had Forza 3, and its an improvement. but there is one niggle and the whole reason i did not give it 5 stars. For some reason or me being stupid. cant seem to find how to turn off engine noise. As i like driving with music playing, yes it nit picky i know. but its a bit annoying. as i run it through my surround sound. yes it sounds awesome. But on Forza 3 you have music only in game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good game, could be better., 6 Mar. 2015
Madloun (Aquitaine, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
This is a good game, no two ways about it, but I feel it could have been so much more, that's why I'm giving four stars.

The cars drive realistically as you would expect and in every make and model you can sense the difference. However, so many cars require a Gold account, usually the ones you really wanted to try (like all the Porsches for example). The graphics, sounds and car physics are all excellent, but where the game falls short for me is that unless you're paying for an online account things can get a bit dull.

Although the single player career/campaign thingy offers a lot of events, overall the offline options are not varied enough. I wish there was an option for practice laps where I could actually save all my lap times on a board so I could tweak the tunings or try another car and then compare the new times. As it happens, you have to be online in a race to record the time and any times which are slower are simply discarded. You can compare your best time against other online players, but not compare your personal times among your own selection of cars and tunings.

There is no track creation option. No way to buy second hand cars unless you have Gold. Same with paint jobs, tunings, etc. I do like the modding options though and the fact that if you have the talent you can make the car look like anything. Playing with the car damage on is good fun. I think it's a shame there is no explanation of the cars, no detail or history about their place in motoring.

That said, the cars are beautiful, inside and out, the cockpit view is spot on and they drive as you would expect. The replays are rather, meh, no smoke at the wheels and strange angles making it hard appreciate, I never watch them even if the race was crazy. The AI is quite aggressive and will invariably try and bump you off every corner or brake on a straight just to mess with you, and for some reason the tracks feel really narrow, but all that does make the game challenging.

Overall, it's a good game, but unless you have a Gold account and are willing to pay for extras then it feels rather spartan, like there's not a lot do. It's more of a game where if you have 10 minutes to spare then you pick it up and go, and it's really good fun, but it lacks depth. It's just a case of picking a car, an event and winning credits, then maybe buying a new car. That said, I still like the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm sorry Polyphony., 3 April 2013
This review is from: Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I recently bought my first Xbox 360 having never really played either Forza on the original or 2, 3 or 4 on the 360.
As a long time fan of the Gran Turismo series (I own 1, 2, 3, Concept T-G.v., 4P + 4, 5P + 5) I have always been disappointed when other game makers try to emulate the style and feel of the GT series.

Now I'm not one for biasing, I hate the constant abuse that Forza fans and GT fans can give each other, and as I had never properly played Forza I couldn't even comment. I always found it silly but yeah.

Anyway I purchased Forza 4 with no real idea of what to expect. I knew it had more of Top Gear than GT5, but that's really all.

According to the in-game statistics I've currently spent 4h driving, and already I am "converted."
Forza 4 is so much more of an exciting game than I found GT5 to be. Don't get me wrong I loved GT5 and spent many hours playing it when I bought it, however the feeling I get from playing Forza 4 hits way higher than the best feeling I ever got from GT5.

Turn 10 have successfully continued in their great series, and I'm struggling to find any faults with Forza 4.
As I said I'm by no means an experienced Forza fan, but so far I have been completely enveloped in the game.
A colleague recommended that I try Forza Horizon too and I enjoy said game just as much, but that's for a different review.

The menus of F4 are great, easy to navigate, clear and don't look like someone's inserted all the buttons up their nose and sneezed onto the screen, which unfortunately is my opinion of Gran Turismo 5.

The actual racing itself is wonderful too. The data you can get of the car whilst driving, the damage modelling, time reversal, sounds and visuals are all very impressive.

I personally prefer the overall aesthetic of Forza 4, I think it looks a little nicer, and it of course runs very smoothly, just like GT5.

On top of all that, the car customization and tuning is great.
You can tune your car completely, and unlike GT5 you can change drivetrain/aspiration and also paint your car with all the vinyls you could dream of.
The car selection is also better in my opinion.

The marketplace is an easy to use area for players to purchase/sell their paints/vinyls and alongside the auction house it makes a great place to find the car that you really want.

My only complaint, which goes for the GT series aswell, is that the Fiat Panda (04-12) model is not included, and is my favourite car.

Online play is also very easy to get into, and I find runs pretty smoothly. You can jump into a race in minutes.
The playground games are also fun!

In short, I'm sorry Polyphony but Turn 10 have made a game that suits my tastes more and as such it is unlikely that I'll spend any time playing GT5 now, when I can play Forza 4 instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars A subtle but excellent improvement, 1 Feb. 2013
MrShev "mrshev" (Gloucestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Forza has been around for a while on the Xbox and at first glance Forza 4 seems like it has been merely tweaked. But once you start playing it you realise how much has changed under the hood (to use a automotive analogy) as well as a complete overhaul of the interface and career mode.

The Good:

- Graphically the game looks way, way better. Sharper models and beautiful lighting make just looking at your cars in the garage a joy. The tracks are a bit more beaten up, with tire marks and mud on the tracks.
- Handling. The cars handle superbly. You can really feel the difference between a Porsche and a 4WD Audi and you end up matching cars to tracks. I found the cars twitchy and responsive and when you turn the driving aids off you can throw the cars around the track like a lunatic.
- Online mode. More modes and much easier matchmaking make getting a race less of a chore. The multi-class races are great fun.

The Bad

- Weather. There are no weather effects that I have detected and this feels like a massive oversight. LeMans in the wet would be a hoot.
- Career mode. I never felt like I ever had to try too hard to win races and the game hands out cars like M&Ms so you never feel the need to buy a car, like, ever. Gran Turismo managed to create the feeling that you were fighting your way in each race until you could afford that next exhaust or set of tires that would enable you to win it. Forza is just too easy to progress and I would like to see where I could get to rather than a random series of events just appearing because I happen to have a BMW. You should earn cars as prizes rather than getting them by levelling up...and they should be cars that you cannot get any other way. The career tree feels completely random with no aim and it is my only real problem with a game that I feel is the best console driving sim out there.

‹ Previous | 1 2 345 | Next ›

Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360)
Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360) by Microsoft (Xbox 360)