on 7 December 2011
We bought this for my 4 year old son to use on a long journey at Christmas and we have just tested it before we go. The player has speakers for indoor use, but in a car I would recommend using earphones so that the other passengers don't all have to listen!. Its quite easy to use with buttons on the player or the remote control and the features are more than sufficent. The picture quality is also good, and the 9" screen is a good size. For a portable DVD player I think this is really a well priced option, with a battery inbuilt and car kit it does the job perfectly.
on 17 December 2012
Excellent DVD player for the price, totally disagree with anyone who says it doesn't fit easily to headrests, my headrests are quite narrow at the base and even more narrow at the top, I simply crossed the straps and plugged the left strap into the right plastic clip and vice-versa, totally secure and tight to headrest and DVD player sits at the correct angle. The fact it takes SD cards is brilliant as I can rip all my sons dvds on the computer to .avi files and store them all on one SD card so no swapping DVD discs every day. He loves it, and it's one of the best purchases we've made for him so far. Highly recommended at the price point.
on 11 November 2013
My grandson is over the moon with this DVD player he's only 18 months and sits all day watching his DVDs best item I have bought from Amazon
on 29 December 2013
We didn't really buy this just for the car although I understand that it is very much marketed as such so can understand others annoyance about the poor harness. We haven't used this as yet but it does look pretty naff compared to the rest of the unit and bits and bobs which are impressive.

Onto the actual player itself we are very pleased with it. It comes with an in car charger, remote, the usual plug in type headphones and battery charger plus the DVD harness. There is no storage type bag a such but I managed to pick up something very cheap which works well.

We bought it for our 10 year old to mainly watch his DVDs in his bedroom and he loves it. It's very easy to use although you need to be careful not to open it up too far to insert the DVDs as I imagine it could easily break. Therefore it's a little fiddly taking them in and out as the opening is quite narrow but we've manage with not too much difficulty. I wouldn't want to leave this alone with a very young or heavy handed child as it could get easily broken in this way.

The volume is ok for us at home but in the car would be too low so we use our own comfy headphones for our son instead of the ones provided. The internal battery only last about 2 hours but the in-car charger which is provided works very well and the lead is quite long so easily reaches into the back where our son is seated.

It's very easy to charge the Unit you simply plug one end into the wall and other into the top side of the Unit and that's it. I thought it would take me hours to figure out how to set it up but it was very easy. When you charge it with the car charger it fits in the same way so that was easy too.

The picture quality is very good and you can use a USB stick which is very useful too.

The remote is very easy to use and has all the usual features such as pause, rewind etc. The player itself also has various buttons and a volume control which is on the side of the unit.

The DVD can be used fitted to the backseat of a car, on your lap or can be stood up (has a sort of picture frame stand that can be pulled out at the back) to sit it on a table or shelf to watch it that way.

I was so impressed with this player and it's ease of use I bought another one for my 81 year old mother so she can watch her favourite DVDs in her bedroom.
on 9 December 2011
I bought one of these for our people carrier, we used to have an older 7" player, but the 9" screen seems a lot easier to watch in a longer car. We got the headphones too so that we don't have to listen to Cars (again!), very good for the price.
on 15 August 2013
Great product. Keeps kids quiet on long car journeys. Quality materials and easy to use. Recommend to all frazzled parents.
on 10 February 2013
Very good quality, it is very simple to use. The picture and sound are very good, overall a product well worth buying
on 19 May 2014
If you enjoy listening to hours of Peppa Pig whilst driving, this is just the thing for you. Our daughter loves it and thinks it is her own iPad so a bargin on that count too.

Quality is ok for the price, audio is a bit quite but we plug it into the car hifi so it can be louder and controlled by the driver! It seems to work ok in it's headrest holder and hangs off our XC60 headrest ok but looks a bit untidy.

Controls on the unit are a bit limited and you need the remote control (included) to navigate through DVD menus which is a pain if you are driving. Older kids will of course have no problems her but my 2 year old isn't able to master that remote yet.
on 10 August 2015
A good solid product, that works very well and does a great job at entertaining a 2 year old on a 6 hour journey. Only 2 issues; first was setting the brightness after we had started driving as we were unaware for a long time that our daughter couldn't see much and second the sound was quite quiet though it didn't seem to put our daughter off
on 28 March 2016
my second one as we dropped the first one and broke it! great for my disabled son as he can not open up where you put the disc in as he has broke a few of the other kind of portable dvd players by continuing to open it up and breaks the hinges. great sound and picture a bonus that he wears earphones now.