Published on 17 Nov. 2011 by Shopping Queen

3.0 out of 5 stars Not entirely happy
I got this "twin" set for my twin boys to watch on the plane, as well as the car. Plugged it in at home to check all was well before heading on holiday. The connection between the 2 screens was a bit tempremental, but with a tiny bit of wiggling, it came good.

Published on 30 Oct. 2012 by Foxy Fee

5.0 out of 5 stars After a lot of research I found the ideal portable player!!!!, 17 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Nextbase NB48AM / SDV48AM Twin Screen 7-inch Portable DVD Player with Car Kit and Integrated Battery (Electronics)
I spent a long time researching a portable dvd player for my children, I wanted one that could be used in the car but also on plane journeys as we make frequent flights. I asked a lot of friends and most people seemed to either have a player that was suitable for car but not for use outside of car (ie it needed to be plugged in the cigarette lighter constantly to work and had no battery) or they had portable players that could be brought on planes but were not ideal for the car and didn't have the twin screens. Well I believe I found the ideal model, the player has two pieces, one is just screen only while the other is like a little stand alone portable dvd player (both pieces can hang over the car seats to be viewed in car). The main part can be linked to a tv to play dvds which is handy as it will play DIVX formats and can play movies from USB sticks. Also it can be used for the plane where a child can hold it on their lap and look at it. The player can work off cigarette lighter or regular DC power supply but also has an internal battery which lasts 2 hours while not connected to a power supply. All in all I think it seems like a fantastic player and good value. I must note that I haven't had it long though so can't comment on longevity of use. Also one point that remains to be seen is that the user guide says the battery will last approx 300 full uses (ie 300 x 2 hours) and will then have to be replaced by a Nextbase expert, it cannot be replaced by user. So best to leave the player connected to a power supply unless on a plane in that case and reduce the time it is just using battery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product for the price, 13 Jan. 2012
Product arrived in good time, well packaged. Overall this is a great piece of kit for the money. The in car mounting brackets work well, but have 2 minor design faults: The straps that hold the screen in place sit over the top of the speakers (no issue when using headphones). Also, when using the unit that contains the DVD itself in the headrest mount, you cannot remove the disc easily whilst the unit is in place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for our girls!, 18 April 2012
I did a lot of research for choosing a twin DVD Player. I was looking for my 2 & 4 year old for our long car journeys in the £100 range. These were by far the best. My notes:GOOD POINTS: They are the only company to have there products approved by the European safety standards,If the DVD player is turned off the disc plays from the last stopped place!- LOVE THIS FEATURE, It comes with everything you need Plugs, attachments, earphones, THE SLIGHT DOWNSIDE: You can only play the slave screen when it is attached to a power source it will not run off the main screen (But when at the petrol station for a few mins its hardly an issue my daughter just turned head to her sisters screen)
This one only plays one disc if you want the kids to have two discs I would suggest the twin duo model.
All in all I'm very happy and pleased I took the time to research I believe I've ended up with a great DVD player!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent portable dvd player....., 31 Jan. 2012
Deborah (Birmingham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Excellent picture,value for money,very easy to use,kids love it when on long trips they watch dvd's play games. So i would recommend the Nextbase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not entirely happy, 30 Oct. 2012

Cut to the next scene....setting up on the flight to Spain...only the main screen works !? Strange, but as we hadn't road tested them before that point, and as we had had the tempremental connection, assumed it was maybe a dud?? And ONE working screen means only ONE headphone socket!! Just had to have them both watch the main screen without headphones in - they struggled to hear over noise of the engines.

Anyways, got to our holiday destination and plugged into the mains to recharge /check it again and the 2 screens worked just fine ?!

Set it up in our hire car and again noticed that when the engine is switched off (or maybe you need to disconnect to use the socket sat nav) - only the main screen works...even if the battery is fully charged. This was very annoying as the whole point of 2 screens was to avoid them fighting over who was closest to the screen.

Had I known this I probably wouldn't have bought this product.

Can't fault the picture and sound quality though.

4.0 out of 5 stars trip to spain, 20 July 2012
used this for a round trip of 3317 miles, always said we wouldn't let my 20 month twins watch tv but this was well needed on such a long journey, so far so good, never had a problem with the straps covering the speakers, they did but it was loud enough

4.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 31 Mar. 2012
Would recommend this product. good picture and sound quality. Securely fits on back of car rests. Only point to note is only the master player has the rechargeable battery, so when in the car, you have to ensure the master is fully charged, and the slave (hate that term) unit will only run off the in car power lead. Good value or money compared to other similar products on the market, most of which don't have SD card slots or in built batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nextbase NB48AM, 17 April 2012
was only going to give 3 stars but made it 5 in the end , because problem with charging main unit when i first recieved the units, but i rung the phone number that came with them told them what was going on and the lady the other end said no problem i will send out a new one and just return the old one in the return package. two days later all was done. so to seller well done great service. as for the units they are fantastic work great with dvds and films on usb stick.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 17 Sept. 2012
I bought the DVD player primarily for my 21/2 year old to watch in the car on long journeys and it has been a real success. Before buying I read a lot of reviews and was concerned about what people said about the volume issues but so far we haven't experienced any of these - it is loud enough even on the motorway which I was relieved about as my daughter is too young to really wear headphones. The picture quality is really good and it's really easy to set up in the car and take down when you don't want it there. Overall a good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 3 Feb. 2012
This item arrived quickly and, although we've only used it once, it's great. Our little one loved it at the end of a long car journey. The only thing we would have liked to improve would be the speakers. They are covered by the seat straps and so the volume is severely affected. We can't put headphones on a 2-year old so we attached some speakers to the DVD player and that worked fine. All-in-all, if you do long journeys these are a great help. Looking forward to using them more.