5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
I really enjoyed this book.

It is well written and hard to put down. Mark Yarwood is a gifted story teller who has a great talent for suspense and keeping things moving along at a good pace.

His main character, Fred, is a sad case that tugs at your heart strings for the situation that he is in, both in his professional and private life...
Published 17 months ago by Hisboss

3.0 out of 5 stars Red pen needed badly!
Published on 3 May 2013 by Shaun Peare

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Spider Mouth (The Edmonton Police Station Thrillers Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book.

Well worth reading - you will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really enjoyable follow up, 13 July 2011
I downloaded Spider Mouth as it's the follow on to Murderson, which I really enjoyed. I was glad to find, and a little surprised, that it had very little to do with the first book, although they are set in the same police station. The subject matter is different too, as Murderson dealt with a serial killer, but this is about a series of orchestrated suicides. There's more here than just an investigation into a crime though. There's lots of deep and emotional stuff involving the main character 'Fred'. There's also a missing girl storyline that fits nicely in with the other layers of narrative. I recommend this thriller if you want more than just serial killers, and what to feel something for characters. It's a really enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had me gripped right to the end, 15 Mar. 2014
I enjoyed this book so much, I have already started on the next! I instantly connected with the characters and found the main character especially intriguing.Each and every twist had me dreading finishing the book as i never wanted it to end. Loved the authors descriptive flair and look forward to reading all he has to offer.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a gem, 23 Aug. 2013
Have just discovered Mark Yarwood and Edmonton Police series.Most unusual crime book.The lead detective not what you would normally expect.Could not put my kindle down.Really enjoyed the book. Am now half way through book no 2.Would recommend to all readers of crime novels.

3.0 out of 5 stars Red pen needed badly!, 3 May 2013
Shaun Peare (London, England.) - See all my reviews
This is "The 1st book in the EDMONTON POLICE STATION THRILLERS" and for me personally I found the story engrossing (reading around the spelling and missing word issues) until the last few pages when for me as a writer and editor the whole thing fell apart. The writer relied on spellcheckers too much and the ending which needed to be climactic was something of a really "damp squib!" Better proofreading pre publication would definitely have helped this story.

All that said I will read the next one in the series that I have before making any recommendation.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 25 Jan. 2014
This book started off well for me but I really didn't enjoy it. I didn't find the plot at all credible nor the way the police conducted their investigations - it all seemed quite a bit amateur and unquestioning to me. To be fair, I didn't see the end coming and was surprised by the 'baddie'. I think the plot was far too busy, there were too many subjects introduced - trafficking, cancer, love, bent police. I didn't like any of the characters either. I will try to read the next book in the series, as I believe I have to cut some slack for a debut novel.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story but a shame about the 'mistakes', 17 April 2013
D. Daneri "D Daneri" (UK) - See all my reviews
I really enjoyed the plot and the way it is written. It was a shame there were so many mistakes - the really bad one was when a suspect was found to be having a sexual relationship with his son's 'daughter' when actually it was supposed to read 'ex girlfriend'. The rest were really silly little things - words missed out and wrong words used.
I know it is difficult to proof read your own work - I write myself.
I will be reading the following two books. Hopefully these will be better.

5.0 out of 5 stars memory lane, 17 July 2014
Having lived in Edmonton/Enfield all my life this book is like a scary trip down memory lane.
I loved it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story but too many mistakes, 20 Oct. 2013
This was a very frustrating book as the story was excellent and loved the characters but the errors are atrocious. Mistakes such as peace instead of piece and daughter instead of girlfriend are just so unnecessary. Please get someone to proof read your other books before putting them on amazon as they are so good but spoilt by the grammatical errors. Loved Fred!

5.0 out of 5 stars Expect the Unexpected, 9 Dec. 2014
Thoroughly enjoyable read, lots of unexpected twists and turns, with suprisingly likable characters whom you find yourself caring about. Expect to find the unexpected as the story reaches its conclusion.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›