on 17 October 2013
Before buying this I had a problem, reading reviews it was hard to tell if this was right for me. A lot of people use them for assisted pull ups which is not my need. Also, when reviewing the product I wanted to know how strong people were to work out if it was right for me.

I'm 210lbs, 6ft 1 and I mainly do powerlifting so I squat 190kg, deadlift 215kg and bench 125kg with 15 pull ups unnassisted so if you're over or under me this should hopefully be fairly helpful review for you to gauge your level.

I took this solid band, well made but with a fairly strong, sweet rubbery odour on my holidays to perform a work out away from the gym, just all round maintenance work. I found that I could stand on it and do some fairly tough 10-20 reps single armed in the standing shoulder press with a good degree of resistance, I'd normally use a 25kg dumbell for those kind of reps so it's almost bang on being rated at 23kg. I could get a good pump out of bicep curls, sitting on the floor rows, upright rows, bench press, pull downs etc and for the rows, I just folded it in half to double on the strength. I may have got a better all round workout with the number 2 band as I'd be able to do more exercises and just do high reps on the big muscle group exercises.

It did feel stronger than I expected it to be so I couldn't really do side raises or front raise shoulder work and for rotator cuff work, it's quite difficult for me outwith face pulls. I'll be purchasing the number 2 to help me with this type of work so bear that in mind, good for bigger muscle groups but quite challenging for the smaller ones. I'm going to order a second one to do band work in the power rack for squats and bench etc and I'll update my review when I've tested it for this use. I hope this helps someone who needs a strength comparison before buying.
on 15 July 2012
I was pretty excited to be getting this as they look amazing and more interesting than your general resistance band/tube. Well it arrived very quickly and on inspection everything was spot on. I went for the number 3 thinking it probably won't be that strong, how wrong was I. It is strong and that means I can do such a challenging workout with it and not worry that it will snap mid flow. They come in at different levels and I am going to purchase the one below this also so I can use it on my clients and progress them to this one. I will never buy a resistance band/tube as a rubberbanditz is the way forward especially if you like getting creative with things.
on 5 February 2013
This rubber band is very powerful, capable of lifting my entire body weight with ease, currently at 13 Stone / 83 kg. Main guidelines are to look at videos on the web about how to actually attach it to the chin up bar, and also how to mount it, as this can prove quite difficult given how difficult they are to stretch by hand. Overall well worth the investment if you are trying to increase your chin / pull ups.
on 26 November 2012
Thanks to this inconspicuous gadget I was at last able to break out of the 5 pull-up's range. Now it's just a matter of time when I arrive at target 20 :-). Strongly recommended! Always check out which of the bands offered is the one suitable for you.
on 13 August 2012
I ordered the #3 heavy Rubberbanditz, it's a fantastic product. I'm using it to help increase my reps for pull ups/chin ups by looping it round the bar and round my foot(it doesn't slip). It's really well made, I weigh 200lbs, I've used it once a week for the past 5 or so months and it looks just as good as the day I got it, no signs of it weakening or stretching more than it should.
It's a bit more expensive than some of the other bands out there, but you get what you pay for- I'd rather not have something flimsy that breaks at the wrong time or that only lasts weeks.
on 6 June 2013
This is a great way to work up to lat pull ups. I wrap it around the bar, put my foot in the other end and hey presto, I can do lat pull ups. When I started without this band, I couldn't do any pull ups. Now I can do 7 without it! That may not sound impressive but this band gets you over the initial hurdle. This is deffo the best fitness item I have purchased in years. Recommended for people who can't do lat pull ups!
on 8 January 2014
I use it very often and I am satisfied with the resistance of the band. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is because it is already starting to tear. I guess the band is made og a very thing piece of rubber, or whatever, wrapped in a loop countless times. But that has resulted in the very outer layer to tear. It might be because of the way I use the band, but I still think it should be able to withstand friction against a table or something.
on 8 August 2012
Ordered bands #2, 3, 4 to assist with pull-ups. In doing this, I am able to either use them individually or two combined together to adjust to the level of assistance I need. Have also been using them to assist with dips. They work great and are holding up very well.
on 28 March 2013
I can't fault this after using it for about 4 weeks. I use it mainly for assisted chin-ups, I weigh about 195 Lbs. I can do chins without the use of this band but when I use it I can improve form and hold at the top of the pull. I can also work on one arm pull-ups, I can't do that without the use of the band. I can see a big improvement in my chins since buying it.
on 6 August 2014
I've been using this resistance band for strength training and I'm very happy with it. In particular I've used it for seated row exercises, standing twists (with the band anchored to a chin-up bar), lying leg curls (again anchored to a bar; great way to feel the hamstrings work hard) and just as importantly for stretches, especially for the large muscles of the quadriceps.

To reduce the risk of injury caused by a band suddenly snapping, I do check all the way around the band for any sign of nicks or tears. I've been using the band a couple of times a week for several months and so far I've seen no sign of wear or tear.

The only downside I can offer is that the latex material of the band does leave a strong odour on the hands for a few hours, even after washing a couple of times. However, it's not an unpleasant odour (though you might find that normally placid cats suddenly want to bite your hands).