5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommend it!, 5 Jun 2011
This review is from: Social Media Strategies - How To Break The Rules & Think Different To Create A Powerful Social Media Platform (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book on Friday and finished it on Sunday, in between I had to recharge my Kindle and fitting in other weekend activities as well. This book has everything an Indie author/musician/businessman will need in understanding your audience, building own platform and promoting products through social media of different kinds. It's comprehensive, practical, straight-to-the-point and clearly presented. If you are an author just starting out like me, with all these confusing and complicated networks out there to navigate and trying to make sense of them all, then this book will definitely help you. It is full of simple, step-by-step instructions and useful tips to help you developing your own strategy, and making things happen for you. I have learnt a great deal, some I already knew but can now see more clearly what I should do and what to avoid.

There are sections where we write down our notes and put ideas into practice. I have yet to go back in more detail and develop my own social media marketing plan. There are many good actionable advice which we can make use of no matter at what stage we are as an author, musician or business man or woman. It almost feel as if the author of this book had me in mind when he wrote this book.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who has an interest in Social Media, anyone who has a Facebook account, a twitter user or whatever networks you use to build relationships and reach out to your fans/audience. Great book, simply put!

4.0 out of 5 stars useful, 8 Mar 2014
Easy to read book with useful advice. Would recommend to those new to utilising social media platforms for marketing purposes

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ebook!, 1 Mar 2014
Jay C (derbyshire) - See all my reviews
short, concise and full of useful info! Perfect ebook and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking into the development of social media strategies. The nature of the book doesnt swing you in any direction or towards any specific platform, it guides you to the right choices to suit your business and audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks Phil,, 14 Sep 2013
This book has been one of the most straightforward and clear that I have read on this topic. As the author says there is no fluff, just helpful usable information. I'm going to wrangle my reptile and get right to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and straight to the point, 16 Mar 2013
A great start for those like me who want to find out how to create a strategy on social media. It is easy to read, full of suggestions and practical steps and pretty short. I read the entire book in about three hours whilst making lots of notes on how to implement the ideas within my business. Also great value for money. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the doctor ordered., 3 Feb 2013
I wanted an informative book on utilizing the various forms of social media and this book does what it says on the can. Sometimes a cliche says it more succinctly than you can. Great book. Thank you Phil!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice for a startup, 27 July 2014
I'm just starting my new business and although I use social media, I got a lot of helpful tips from this book. Easy and wick to read. Extremely useful. Thank you.