Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Size: A2|Change

on 27 April 2012
This cutting mat was far cheaper than the other A2 size mats on Amazon. For the price I took a small gamble and I am happy to say it is an excellent mat!

The base grips well to glass and wood (all I have used it on so far), and the surface also grips well when cutting with glossy and silk coated paper.

The mat is well cushioned allowing for accurate and easy cutting.

very happy with this.
on 13 August 2013
I was looking for a mat to cut fabric for both dressmaking and patchwork.
I've already tried it with my rotary cutter and by the looks of it, I think it will last a very long time±

Overall, I'm pleased, nice quality, nicely packaged, speedy delivery, good price!
on 4 June 2014
Item just arrived. Surprised to see it delivered tightly rolled as it's supposed to be a FLAT cutting mat, bought to replace one that warped after I stored it incorrectly and which I can't flatten fully now.
If I can't somehow flatten this new one (it's a heavy material) it's useless to me.

Also it is made by 'Am-Tech', NOT Rolson as pictured/advertised. I ordered it because Rolson is a name I know for quality.
How do some Amazon sellers get away with this kind of thing? Surely it breaches their terms & contravenes the UK Trades Description Act?
on 23 September 2012
Great product - thousands of cuts can be made in this Mat before needing replacement - so all in all - does what it says - Recommended -
on 7 December 2012
this is just what I wanted. I've wanted & needed one of these for years. it does the job, I would like to buy a whole range of sizes
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 27 June 2014
I absolutely love it. This is the first time I have used a rotary cutter and cutting mat and I am sold on this method over scissors. I cut out a dress and I simply cannot tell where I have used the cutter on the mat. There might be better mats out there but as a part-time, hobby dressmaker I think it will probably last me for years. Good size too, big enough to make long cuts but not so big that it is unwieldy.
on 2 March 2016
This has been a really handy mat for cutting materials on. Like some others have reported here mine came rolled up so it took a while for it to lie perfectly flat (I put it under a mattress to do the job!). It grips nicely to whatever surface it's placed on so I've never had any problems with it slipping mid-cut. I've used this plenty of times now and although I can certainly see that it's been used, it's holding up really well. There are slight grooves straight after I use my rotary cutter, but subsequent pieces of fabric I place on there don't get snagged at all by these grooves. Overall though, I'd definitely recommend this
on 2 April 2015
This is a great cutting mat. I bought it for cutting out sewing patterns in fabric, and it's been perfect for that. I've used it a number of times for a variety of fabrics (such as canvas, cotton poplin, cotton drill, corduroy) and can't actually any see any cutting lines. It's pretty sturdy and solid; I store it leaning up against my desk.

If I had any criticism, it would be that the gaps between the lines aren't uniform and don't seem to be any particular measurement. However, I can get by without using them so it's not too much of a hardship! I would also have bought a bigger size, but that's really my own fault.
on 25 May 2014
I was a bit dubious about getting one of these mats as I have never used one before. I can only say that I love it - it does exactly what it is supposed to do and is so easy to use with a ruler in order to cut out quilting patterns.
on 19 January 2013
Unfortunately the mat had got bent in the post, I did not want to lie flat; but my grandson assures me that laying it under some heavy books has helped to smooth it out, & whilst still not perfectly flat it still works for him.