on 3 January 2014
This is an excellent product - I have purchased Velbon Ultra Stick L50 Aluminium Monopod & Velbon QHD-33Q Ball and Socket Head which are very lightweight altogether. It hold my D800 + 105mm f2.8 VR lens. Very reliable if you are taking any macros. Also, velbon head is compatible with my Jessops Major Carbon Fibre Tripod (RRP £79.99 at Jessops).
I have also used Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 Lens with D800 on this head & monopod and I don't feel much weight. Very happy with the purchase - thanks
on 25 July 2014
Good product, used with the Vixen Polarie.
Can handle DSLR and normal lenses.
If astrophotography is the main purpose then you may need to consider other options this one can't handle the Vixen Polarie with a telescope on top of it for example.

For most of cases this is a good product.
on 17 April 2013
This is a well engineered product and works very well with my monopod although the fixing plate is a different size to my tripod which is a bit of a pain having to change it every time I want to use the other.
on 30 January 2014
its much smaller than you would think. very average build quality and there is no "lock" to stop the latch opening accidentally. but it seems to be doing the job so far.
on 25 August 2013
As usual with Velbon, does what it says on the tin. Holds my 7d with grip and 400mm lens with ease. Quality construction and value for that extra bit of money. Excellent.
on 6 March 2015
Very easy to use with the Polarie camera drive even in the dark.
on 8 November 2014