5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT TV
This is an excellent 3D plasma television, and I can recommend it 100%.

This is a brief report, as at the time of writing I've only had it for a month. In this time I've used it for blu-rays and hi-def gaming exclusively - no TV or satellite.

BUILD QUALITY: it's a handsome set, with a silver bezel framing one piece of glass. It is very thin (3cm) and...
Published on 18 Jun. 2011 by Kennedy

2.0 out of 5 stars Stunning picture, with a large caveat
Last month my wife finally agreed to let me purchase a new HDTV. After doing an obsessive amount of research I settled on this model. Being that this is a plasma TV, and knowing of the "burn-in" issues in the past, I made sure to read quite a bit about how to avoid it. Most of what I came across simply stated that it isn't really a problem these days as long as you have a...
Published on 23 Oct. 2012 by Robert A. Baker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars VT 50 B, 4 Aug. 2013
This review is from: (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
Good service. The one bought was, they said, damaged in the warehouse. They offered me a VT50, same spec and same size but later newer model, for no extra charge which I accepted, of course. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 1 Aug. 2012
I can't really recommend this television too you enough. The Panasonic Viera TX-P42VT30B Plasma is by far the very best television that I've ever seen. The blacks are so intensely inky, the colours, brightness and acuity of the images that compose a single frame at one time is a matchless tableau of vivid verisimilitude. I watch mine in HD principally through Freesat, which renders a picture that is striking in its detail.

I know it's something of a cliche, but it does feel like being there. It actually feels better oftentimes as the camera equipment, lighting and componentry offer the television viewer a crisper view than first-hand witnesses. There's also the omnipresence of the camera, which you can't get from a fixed vantage point in an arena, (I'm currently watching Olympic swimming on the set.)

With Blu-ray, or a games console feed, she really comes into her own and takes your breath away. I sit seven and a half feet from my set, and I feel this is the ideal distance to immerse you in the action of a 42 inch set. There is no noticeable 'noise' or colour bleeding, with a 600Hz refresh rate, she also shows a clean pair of heels to any motion blurring in movies, games etc.

Of course this is not the very latest Panasonic plasma on sale, I feel however, that there can in no way be sufficient difference to warrant paying twice the price for the newer version. I brought this set through Amazon, I ordered it on the Monday and was telephoned on the Tuesday to be assured of delivery by Friday afternoon, in time for The London 2012 Opening ceremony. What a baptism for this exquisitely compotent girl.

She comes with all kinds of extras, two pairs of dedicated 3D glasses which recharge from one of the three USB 2.0 ports on the back and side of the set. In addition, the P42VT30B, has Viera Connect, is DLNA ready, and has a slot in network card in addition to an ethernet port; it's an internet set offering Skype (Panasonic camera purchased seperately,) You Tube, BBC IPlayer etc, as well as increased connectivity to other Panasonic equipment.

Interestingly she also sports a number of connecting cables which connect certain types of older cable to be accepted by newer type sockets. The Set has four side HDMI sockets, an RF in and out, as well as component, 21-pin Scart, Composite and Digital Optical Audio out cable converters!!! There's a photo cell at the front of the set which constantly monitors the amount of light in the room and adjusts the picture accordingly to achieve the best results. There is also a slot for an SD card for viewing content from cameras or camcorders directly. There are tons of settings, which are very handy and the sound is the best I've heard from a television without it being hooked up to external, additional speakers.

In short, it is very difficult to see a downside for this television, it set itself up automatically straight out of the box, and is a veritable magician with both vision and sound. Plasma sets are still the best for quality pictures, LCD can't touch them in certain aspects yet, although they are catching up. This set has the usual True Cinema 24 fps, 3D, Full HD, Infinite Contrast and is THX certified. Plasmas from Panasonic only come in sizes of 42 in or more as they are the preserve of a cinematic experience seeking sophisticate. This one's a no brainer, do yourself a favour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV!, 25 Sept. 2011
I had looked around for a while for my new tv, then saw this in a panasonic shop and looked for it online, found it here, prompt delivery and brilliant picture, would recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, beautiful set - with one fatal flaw, 8 Aug. 2011
Rotor1999 (Newcastle, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
And that flaw is called fluctuating brightness (FBr).

Most sets in Panasonic's 2011 VT30B range exhibit this phenomenon to some degree - some very subtly, and some very obviously. Guess which one I have!

The set would be pretty close to perfect were it not for this one critical flaw - and I can only hope that Panasonic see sense very soon and make the necessary engineered fix (NOT a firmware upgrade) available to us in the UK, as they have done for the equivalent sets in Continental Europe and North America.

Otherwise, I can guarantee that for most customers, the FBr travesty will be a deal-breaker.

Come on, Panasonic!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality at a premium price, 13 Dec. 2013
This review is from: (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
bought this television originally in June from John Lewis who I have to say were absolutly outsanding with there customer service and knowledge,in the store the picture quality was outstanding and probably was our worst mistake,Panasonic we were led to believe by other`s including family were without doubt one of the premium makes and so we decided on this model,you can imagine our horror when in october after having paid £2100 for the set that it went wrong,John Lewis sent an engineer straight out to see if they could solve the problem,the picture kept breaking up then it would say no signal then immediatly turn itself off,whilst the engineer was with us it continued to play up,I did ask him whether or not it was the aerial he looked up at the aerial and told us that the aerial was not the problem,when the screen came with no signal we immediatley turned the other tv`s on in the house which number 4 1 in the kitchen the rest in our children`s bedrooms and of course our own,the engineer eventualy managed after a while get the tv working and told us to get in contact again should there be any more problems ,2 days later the same problem occured and we lost all faith in that tv,John Lewis true to there word and the 5 year warranty they offer replaced the tv without question on 18th October 2013,we have not even had the new set 2 months yet and it once again has come up with the exact same fault,spoke with John Lewis technical dept yesterday once again really helpful and gave me the direct no for Panasonic who were less than helpful and told me that I had not purchased it from them and pointed me straight back to John Lewis who took it very seriously,they agreed take it back yesterday and we have now with there help and advice bought the latest Sony model.do not waste your hard earned cash on any PANASONIC PRODUCT as our expierence has left a nasty taste but I have to say that JOHN LEWIS have been brilliant to ensure that we left the store happy and with what we hope will be a hassle free TV

4.0 out of 5 stars a bit of a let down, 8 July 2012
i received the 55 inch verion of this model, the picture was truely fantastic, however there was a noise coming from the back that distracted you and spoilt the whole product , ive sent it back to amazon, but they dont have a replacement, so it will have to be a refund, so im searching for something as good

2.0 out of 5 stars noisy TV, 11 Nov. 2011
bought this TV after seeing such good reviews,however i'm on my second TV, the first had to go back and following a new replacement delivered today that's going back too,there's fan noise from the TV which can be clearly heard at low levels and on occasion it has a slight high pitch
For a 5 star TV from What Hi Fi i'm not that impressed with the picture either which doesn't appear as sharp as my Samsung PS51D800 which received 4 stars but for me the Samsung is better so a wasted £1800

3.0 out of 5 stars Confused, 14 Jan. 2012
I'm debating whether to buy this tv or not. I really want it but am so confused. Here is the dilemma, the TX-P50VT30B has "CLAIMED" to have won numerous awards for being the best overall tv set (namely picture quality) for 2011 but yet from reading on forums, owners seem to be suffering from the "Green Blob Effect" on various parts of the screen. Now the only conclusion i can come up with is that either Panasonic and other companies are faking these awards just to sell more sets or owners are doing something wrong. Maybe something to do with the "Burn In" period. Can anyone else shed any light on this paradox??

1.0 out of 5 stars not good!, 18 Jun. 2011
I bought this TV a week ago and had it professionally set-up. From the start the picture was dull and dark with little definition. I spoke to Panasonic and they said that it should be returned. It has been.
It also suffers from screen reflection which is annoying.
The sound is not as good as the advertising would suggest, even with a woofer on board.
Def not a £1400 television.
After many years my first Panasonic disappointment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delivered with a broken screen and not replacement available, 2 July 2012
This review is from: (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I had high expectations for this TV was looking forward to my purchase .....BUT the screen was cracked... Knowing Amazon I believed that a replacement would be on its way within a few day..... BUT.... I just got a messages stating

I'm sorry to hear about the problem you've had with your order #Panasonic Smart VIERA TX-P55VT30B 55-inch Full HD 1080p 3D 600Hz Internet-Ready Plasma TV with Freeview HD and Freesat HD (Installation Recommended).

Unfortunately, at the moment, "Panasonic Smart VIERA TX-P55VT30B 55-inch Full HD 1080p 3D 600Hz Internet-Ready Plasma TV with Freeview HD and Freesat HD (Installation Recommended)" is unavailable from our suppliers and I can't send a replacement. Although the item might be available on our website from third party sellers, we can't source items from them. However, we'll be happy to issue a full refund for this order.

Please click on the following link to be brought to your personalised return label and follow the instructions provided:

Very disappointed with Amazon!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›