on 12 November 2012
Bought this level crossing as a Xmas gift and was concerned about some negative feedback on Amazon site. I have opened the box to check contents and can confirm that the level crossing is exactly as described and shown in the photo. Excellent value
on 7 September 2011
Very good addition to the wooden track, my son loves his trainset but wanted more to do with it - he loves moving the gates to let the trains through - gives him more to do than just pushing the train around the track. would definately reccommend.
on 27 April 2014
Excellent add-on for the Bigjigs railway layout. Helps teach "stop/go" and "open/closed" to very little children and provides added interest and play value for young toy train enthusiasts. The gates are plastic, but the toy is pretty robust, and has stood up well to vigorous use. Good value for money, as ever, from Bigjigs Toys.
on 21 January 2013
This is great - toddler able to move gates himself and change to let train across or alternately a car across the road section. As road section has ramps at either end, don't need to have more road pieces in order to use it. I have set up his fire station next to the crossing, so he can move the fire engine across and into the station.
on 27 October 2012
This is a christmas present for my son so is not yet open but it looks like it's incredible value for money and will make a lovely stocking filler. Prompt delivery.
on 29 April 2014
Bought this reduced for a fiver, my 3yo who is nuts about his wooden train set uses this as part of his track all the time
on 20 January 2013
My train obsessed child really wanted a level crossing for his train set so I got him this and he was very pleased with it. As a parent I don't think the gates will last very long because the posts they are set on are flimsy and fragile looking. It does not appear to be as hard wearing as the other bigjig items.
on 10 January 2014
This is a lovely design, which allows the railway and road sets to combine well. It is also compatible with Brio, but a bit cheaper. I don't think this is a s sturdy as Brio, and I suspect the gates won't last very long, but I think the children will still get a lot of play out of this piece.
on 21 December 2011
This has been redesigned and there are now no road connections. I don't see the point of a level crossing for train track only.

Could it be that BigJigs are going to discontinue their road track and this is a subtle way of letting us know?

Very disappointing and I'm returning mine.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 December 2013
BigJigs are such fantastic quality. My son wants a "wooden level crossing" for Christmas and not much else it seems! He loves the durability and practicality of these toys. Excellent price, brilliant quality and if you look after them they have a good resale value too. Enjoy!

See one answered question