5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic porridge
This is the only porridge my 3 year old will eat and as it has no added sugar I think it is a really good breakfast option
Published 11 months ago by swizzy

2.0 out of 5 stars These MUST be quick cook oats or even instant...
I often have porridge oats for breakfast and have tried many different brands.

The first thing that I feel needs to be pointed out is these must be "quick cook" oats or even instant(!) because of how easy it is to prepare them and no simmer time is mentioned.

Quoted from box: -

COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Mix 33g (3 tablespoons) of dreamy oats...
Published on 15 Jun 2012 by Ali Khan

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic porridge, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Alara Dreamy Oats Vanilla Organic Porridge 500 g (Pack of 3) (Grocery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely delicious, 14 Aug 2013
This product is delicious - i was a little skeptical to try at first but will definately be buying more :)

5.0 out of 5 stars scrummy, 4 May 2013
Ms Routledge "atomic" (doncaster s. yorks) - See all my reviews
Delicious porridge if you like a sweet version. However it is not overpoweringly sweet. Priced about right, as is in some supermarkets. Seller perfect in dispatch and service. Overall i will continue to buy this and this is my 2nd batch. Give it a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 4 April 2013
It is everything I look for in my porridge, I have enjoyed this product for over a year & eat it every day.

5.0 out of 5 stars delicious!, 27 Jun 2012
Ms. A. Williams "welshcake" (bristol) - See all my reviews
Another one of my favourite alara products. Vanilla oats are enjoyed by all my family. Not too sweet but makes a really tastey bowl of porriage. We eat it hot or cold, on its own or added to museli. Definatly worth a try.

2.0 out of 5 stars These MUST be quick cook oats or even instant..., 15 Jun 2012
Ali Khan (London) - See all my reviews
I often have porridge oats for breakfast and have tried many different brands.

Quoted from box: -

COOKING INSTRUCTIONS: Mix 33g (3 tablespoons) of dreamy oats with 180ml (2/3 of a mug) of milk or water.
HOB: Cook for a few minutes stirring constantly until the desired consistency is reached.

When followed to the letter I ended up with a bowl of glue or wallpaper paste, NOT porridge.

I normally buy whole rolled oats that require at least 5 minutes simmering time and still have a good oat flavour AND texture at the end of the cooking time.

I wish the company had stated Quick Cook/Instant somewhere on the box because I never would have tried it in the first place.

I would personally recommend a less processed oat for your morning porridge as the taste and nutrition value will be superior.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 30 Jan 2013
Thought I was going to be blown away so sadly disappointed. It's OK but you need more porridge for the usual amount of milk used otherwise it is horribly sloppy. And as the pack is already half the size of our usual we are going it through it at a rate of knots. And it ain't cheap!! I don't really think the flavour justifies the considerable extra expense. I bought this as a Christmas present for my partner as he had tried it and liked it, but we are both now unconvinced. Maybe it's the way he now makes it- in the bowls in a microwave (but he hates the sticky pan when he makes it on the stove), so we'll try it the traditional cooking way as well. And I should explain that I have not eaten porridge since leaving boarding school, after being confronted by a large inedible lump of it at the age of eight. I sat and looked at it all morning until I was finally allowed out of the dining room and back into class. More than 50 years have gone by so the fact that my partner (who loves porridge) has finally got me to eat it at all is a real achievement. But this only increased my disappointment. Admittedly you don't need to add sugar but I think I'll stick to plain oats and soft brown sugar. Sorry Alara.