5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good
I bought this battery on the strength of the other reviews. I was wary at first as it is less than half price of an official HTC battery, but I am very pleased with the purchase.

Published on 21 Aug 2011 by Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars No improvement in battery life
I've compared this to the stock version of the battery for 3 weeks now. There is no improvement in battery life for me. This suprises me after all the psotive reviews it has received. NOw need to wander round with 2 bateries.
Published on 12 Jan 2012 by KJ

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 21 Aug 2011
This review is from: AnkerŪ 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For HTC Sensation, Sensation XE, EVO 3D (Wireless Phone Accessory)

My Sensation would be dead after 8 hours (from 100% at 8.30am to 10% at 4.30pm), this was with a handful of phone calls, texting throughout the day, Facebook and news updates and the occasional blast on a game. I knew the battery life was poor prior to buying the phone, but didn't realise how bad it actually was. HTC seem to think it is OK to fob their customers off by telling us we can achieve a greater battery time by switching notifications and settings off, and limiting the time we use the phone. I am sorry, but this just does not cut it. HTC should ensure battery life is optimal, and as standard, it clearly isn't as this battery lasts a lot longer!

With the Anker battery, the phone left on idle stays on 100% for over 8 hours and I assume would last a couple of days if left on stand-by. With my regular use throughout the day I am now going home from work with nearly 50% left, rather than 10-5% on power save! It also seems to run cooler (my pocket and battery indicator app confirm this).

I ensured to charge the battery whilst the phone was switched off. This took just over 2 hours. For the first few days I made sure to use the phone even more than usual and the battery still held up all day! I can leave everything on (gps, wifi, etc).

I highly recommend this battery. So far it has proved to be a worthy investment; however, it will be interesting to see how long it lasts before having to buy a new one. I am surprised (and almost angry) that HTC chose not to use a higher powered battery as standard? It would be interesting to hear their reasoning as to why, as it is insulting to think they have the option of a higher mAh battery available.

One issue I have is with the conflicting warranty - the leaflet says 1 year, the packaging says 6 months? Either way it is nice to know you are covered by a manufacturer's warranty, regardless of how long it lasts.

5 stars for now and will update in 6 months of use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement battery, 27 July 2011
For the price I didn't expect a massive difference however I can now leave wifi, Bluetooth and notifications turned on all day and with medium to heavy use I can get over a days use on one charge. Previously I disabled everything when not in use and barely got one day. I would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly good battery, but dont expect miracles!, 31 Jan 2012
Chris J. Wood "CW Multimedia" (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
Really impressed with the price of this item, delivery was good as well! I received the battery late November 2011, and now its the end of January 2012 I feel I've had enough time to give a quick review on the product itself...

Power
My standard HTC battery for my Sensation was 1520mAh, now I use my phone ALOT so class it as heavy use (wifi on constantly, web browsing every half hour for a few mins, a few texts and phone calls throughout the day, sat nav for 30mins, used as an alarm clock so thats when its taken off charge) it would last for about 10-11 hours.
Now with this new Anker 1900mAh battery it would last 13-14 hours (with bluetooth now on constantly since I got a new car stereo), so a noticeable improvement of about 2-3 hours on about an extra 30% capacity battery. So not a miracle battery, but does exactly what you would expect, which leads me on to some advice about people complaining about battery power....

If you have a phone like my Sensation, its a smart phone with a processor faster than most peoples PCs, its not going to last all day. Using a task killer or something similar might help reduce power usage more, as alot of unwanted apps run in the background, also simple things like lowering the brightness and have a quick access widget to turn off certain functions you dont need like bluetooth or wifi if you're not using it. Going into your settings and turning off some items that sync might help aswell, as some like Google and Facebook contacts will take a long long time to backup and check their info.

Fitting
I read comment on here about the phone bending or making funny noises when the battery fitted, this was NOT this case with my HTC Sensation, if anything it IMPROVED the fit! Since the day I got my phone I could squeeze the phone and feel it flex slightly and hear a creaking noise, but since I added this new Anker battery its filled the gap that was inbetween the battery and the case and it feels solid! No noises, no movement - there hasnt been any problems with the back cover slipping off either its just as secure as before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Item has increased battery life, 26 July 2011
D. Orchard (UK) - See all my reviews
For a cheap price, I have been able to increase the battery life quite substantially. Although no solid numbers I can say this battery does increase the functionality time between charges. It works perfectly and slots as if it were a official product. Don't forget to give new batteries a good charge before field testing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Consider this an essential!, 1 Oct 2011
C. Bryson (Renfrewshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I switched to the HTC Sensation from my iPhone 4 and have been very impressed with everything, with exception of the battery life. Some research online suggests that turning off the Bluetooth, Wireless, Sync, Etc - will help ... and it will but c'mon - it's 2011! I had all these features enabled on my iPhone 4 and it would last a couple of days!

Then I found this battery and at the price with the good reviews I thought it was worth a shot. Before judging it's performance I done five full power cylces (Charge to 100%... let it run flat... charge to 100%...) and following this the results were very very impressive.

At the moment I have my WiFi, HSDPA & Bluetooth on constantly. Brightness is set at 'Auto' and my Weather, Google (Mail/Contacts/Calendar), HTC Sense are enabled in Sync. I charge my battery to 100% every morning which takes about an hour and the following day at the same time it'll be just short of 50%. I'm checking emails frequently throughout the day, social networking sites and maybe about 30 minutes of calls each day.

In summary, my use with the standard battery it would be 100% about 0900hrs and flat around 1900hrs. Now it's full at 0900hrs and about 40% remaining 24 hours later. This battery isn't what I consider a good choice, I consider it an essential.

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC Sensation, 23 Jan 2012
I purchased the Anker battery for my HTC Sensation and it made a massive improvement to the hours of use...Give it a few days of fully charging and full discharge and notice the difference....

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery Fix a Sensation., 21 Nov 2012
I bought this for a HTC Sensation that was suffering from screen unlocking issues after seeing Anker batteries mentioned on forums. My screen unlock ring would not respond to touch but installing this battery has fixed the issue. Apparently, it's something to do with static build up in the original HTC battery. Charge time is good, battery life is excellent and the phone has been perfect since installation and seems to be cooler to the touch too.

3.0 out of 5 stars No improvement in battery life, 12 Jan 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Replacement battery, 15 Sep 2011
Superb product! I would recommend anybody with a HTC Sensation to buy this battery before anything else as it outpaces the original by at least 30%. Amazing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, works... What more do you want., 13 Sep 2011
A good longer lasting battery to upgrade or replace your standard Sensation one. It's cheap, it works. All Good stuff.