Format: DVD|Change

on 30 June 2012
This fantastic programme returns for a second series and I'm happy to report that it is as a hilarious as ever!

The basic premise of the show if you haven't seen it before is essentially cartoon esque re-imagining of some excerpts from excellent The Ricky Gervais Podcast series. Every episode is centered around recording studio sessions with Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and professional Chimp Pal Karl Pilkington.

They all discuss a variety of subjects and get Karl's opinion on them. Given that Karl has some very unique and hilarious views this leads to some huge laugh at loud moments. Complimenting the banter is Hanna Barbera style animation which really adds extra hilarity to the topics being discussed.

If you liked either the Podcast's or Sky One's 'An Idiot Abroad' you will absoultely love this. My favourite section personally is Karls Diary but Monkey News is also a very funny feature.
on 27 July 2013
Pretty much anything Ricky and Karl do is funny and of great quality and this is no exception. The banter between the 3 of these and the insight into Karl's mind/world is simply hillarious. I think season 2 is better than season 1. You'll never tire of watching this dvd
on 30 January 2013
I just love The Ricky Gervais show and have the first two series on DVD. I can't wait for the third series to be released because I can watch them over and over again and they are hilarious. Karl Pilkington is too stupid for words, but sometimes Ricky and Stephen overlook his opinion because of his track record. I think this is sometimes unfair because I agree with some of his ideas. But you should definitely buy this if you enjoyed the series on first viewing. If you haven't seen the series before, you might want to get this one before the first series because they get better each time.
on 18 July 2013
I have been a fan for the 3 of them since the XFM days and I've listened to every podcasts and radio show they've produced! The cartoon style is a nice alternative to simply listening to the 3 of them!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 June 2012
The Ricky Gervais Show finally returns to DVD-
13 more episodes of the only show on TV that I find so consistently funny that I honestly cant't catch my breath for laughing so hard.
That makes it well worth owning. Season 2 is just as good as Season 1 and I cant wait to see new episodes- a brilliant animated series.
review image review image
77 comments|4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 July 2012
............but not as good as the first series. Once again Karl and co make you laugh histerically for 13 episodes. However whereas the first series i found myself nearly crying in some episodes there are a few slightly dull ones in the 2nd but it's still overall one of the best comedy shows on tv. Looking forward to the third one .
on 17 May 2013
brilliant this is comedy gold every episode has laugh out load moments. the animation is great but the thing that makes it great is the banter between the three guys. if you are a fan of ricky jervais then this is a must buy.
on 5 March 2013
For whoever knows Karl pilkington,
Knows what this will get into.
Great episodes
Not really much to say
except this has to be one of the most laughable moments in series 2.
Enjoy.
on 23 April 2013
I have the original Ricky Gervais Show podcasts and to see them being animated is still just as good as an experience. They have done very well with the animation in this series. Recommended.
on 17 June 2013
I'm not a big Ricky Gervais fan but with Stphen Merchant & Karl Pilkington he is hilarious in The Ricky Gervais Show. The DVD has the complete 2nd series on and is a must for all fans.