5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun
Fringe is a series that to me felt like an X-Files 2.0. After seeing the full 4 seasons I know I was wrong. It's in a league of it's own. If you like CSI, X-Files and sci-fi then you will like Fringe.

Pro
This box is very well made, the boxes are solid, that is they aren't of such flimsy plastic you're worried to break them when you open them.
Fringe...
Published 20 months ago by L C de Waardt

3.0 out of 5 stars Subtitles not described
The product arrived in time, the blurays were ok. The only problem is that it was not described which subtitles were included... It was impossible to know, here we both speak english, original sound was not a problem, but when you have someone that does not speak the language, i dont recommend this product. The subtitles should be part of the description of the product.
Published 17 months ago by DANIELLE

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun, 18 Nov 2012

Pro
Fringe itself is ofcourse the biggest pro.

Con
This only counts if you want subtitles.
If you're from the scandinavian countries you are oke with subtitles, if not then you will have to do without them in season 3 and 4.

As I didn't really need subtitles I still gave 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fringe, 3 Nov 2012
Having been introduced to 'The Fringe' by my sister's family (they are all obsessed by it), and having seen Series 1 on a set of DVD's they had, I became obsessed by it too. They had series 2 and 3 but on blu-ray which I couldn't play, so I had to order the complete 1 - 4 to be sent when it was available. I am mightily impressed by the everything about this series; the stories (which show the influences of, amongst others, 'Dr Who', 'Star Trek' [OS, NG, V, DS-9], and the 'X-Files'), the cracking dialogue, the production values, and not to mention the excellent performances given by everyone in the cast, not just by the main characters but by the people featured in each episode and minor characters as well. I was not a little surprised to find that the series has not won any Emmys (only being nominated in any case for Best Visual Effects). John Noble is outstanding as Dr Walter Bishop, and neither he nor Anna Torv have garnered the critical acclaim that they should have done. Given the premise of alternate universes, meaning that there are multiple versions of each character who often have very different personalities, the acting talent shown is remarkable. For British Sci-Fi fans who adopted the 'X-Files' as one of their own; who watched all the Star Trek versions; and grew up on Dr Who, and are big on the current series', 'The Fringe' should be a total winner. I can't recommend it highly enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge fan so no bad reviews here, 3 April 2013
Terri (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Started watching it again, had to stop, needed to sleep ! if you are fan of this, then this is a must from the beginning, especially if you have watched the entire 1-5 series, a lot of things will fit into place and you will realise what the final chapters were really all about. Great, love it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 31 Mar 2013
I just love this series of programmes. I can't wait for season 5 ! Ive been hooked from start to finish

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes they do everything right in TV land !!!, 21 Mar 2013
It does not happen often.And when it happens,it does not last.And when it lasts,it deteriorates.
I mean,of course,a TV series with original ideas,imaginative script,very good direction and acting,and with a cliffhanger around every corner.Plus,it improves with age like a vintage merlot.Not easy to find.
The basic idea of parallel universes is anything but new.It has been expoloited exhaustively but,strangely enough,mostly in books .Rarely on movies or on TV series.
Why not , God only knows.So this series manages to fill a gap.And does so remarkably well.I can only hope that this high quality ,intelligent,professionally made and more than pleasant to watch TV endeavour will keep on entertaining us for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 11 Mar 2013
Riveting viewing. Just keeps on getting better. J.J. Abraham's has surpassed himself, an improvement on lost for me. I cannot wait for Revolution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 16 Feb 2013
Rachel (Toronto, ON) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fringe - Season 1-4 [Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
I haven't finished watching the entire series yet, but the product itself is great. The set is compact, and the cases slide easily out of the box - a common problem with box sets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant series., 10 Feb 2013
Brilliant, original series, it really does shine out.
My daughter and I are eagerly awaiting season 5's release in May, These are set to be the last ever episodes and we will sorely miss Olivia Dunham and Walter and Peter Bishop.
We love the humour in the show and for real Fringe buffs there are added riddles,and hidden quest such as spotting the observer in each show.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 10 Feb 2013
Mr. K. W. Bond "Spaghetti western nut" (nottingham England) - See all my reviews
absolutely enjoyed this brilliant serious, turned out the lights
and sat and marvelled at the diversity of the episodes. a must for any
si-fi fans. cant wait for serious five

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional brilliant series, 9 Feb 2013
Eng Luis A. Tavares "Icarus" (Portugal) - See all my reviews
Having been since many years ago a fan of science fiction in film, and being now 70 years in age, I have seen many series of this type along the years.
However, in terms of quality I have never seen anything like Fringe. Why ? Because the general plot is very well constructed (connecting also very well the episodes) , the sucessive "events" of fringe science are well thought and presented, and,, perhaps above all, the actors are convincing , from the "four commanders" (Peter , his father, Olivia and Broyles)to the occasional participants.
In this series never happens the irritating way of doing that I have seen many times in the past of presenting a lot of scientific new ideas that because they were not studied in full, end up in a complete mess, leaving the viewer with the sensation of having been fooled around.
Furthermore the special effects are very well done, adding to the general credibility of the series . I again stress, the best sci-fi series I have seen !!!

Fringe - Season 1-4 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Fringe - Season 1-4 [Blu-ray] [Region Free] by Anna Torv (Blu-ray - 2012)
60.26