Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 8 July 2004
Milt Jackson is heard in two sessions. First session by a nine piece group with Cannonball Adderley, Horace Silver, Art Blakey and others, arrangements by Quincy Jones. The second session a sextet date with Joe Newman, Lucky Thompson, Horace Silver among others.
Fine solos by all, Milt Jackson in his usual good form and Adderley, Newman and Thompson equally good, maybe better!
on 26 March 2014
If you want to know what Milt Jackson is about - Get this
Album. Whether In a larger group or in a smaller Sextet
setting, He swings Soulfully.

There is a small technical Glitch during Joe Newman's solo
on the "Stereo" version of 'Boogity Boogity'. He is
barely audible. I managed to splice the Mono segment from
my original copy as an experiment - fairly successfully!
If you are happy with Mono, there should be no such problem.
on 5 May 2009
First heard Milt Jackson at a dinner party, playing seductivly in the background, but gabbing my attention as he played on. This is, to me, a beautiful example of a blend of the best of what Soul and Jazz music is all about. The next day after the party phoned the host, and as a excuse to say thank you I also mentioned what was the music played last night? he laughed and said I was the third person to ask today ! seems Mr Milt Jackson had us all under his spell that night.
on 11 March 2013
Bought this at the same time as Very Tall - Oscar Peterson Trio with Milt Jackson CD (see review) to further increase my appreciation of Milt Jackson. Slight disappointment in that recordings are mono which is not stated when purchased or on CD, but the music is great.