5.0 out of 5 stars A superb album that really grows on you
I just love this album. Track 1 is great and draws you into the rest of the tracks.

I am really happy that I bought this album and would recommend it to anyone.
Published on 18 July 2011 by Pikey

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent band produce lacklustre CD
Reaction to this, the third album from the Feeling, seems to be somewhat polarised. The press, at best, have damned it with faint praise whilst fans seem to be lavishing complements upon it. I'd count myself as a fan - I love the band's first two CDs - and having seen them live on several occasions, regard the Feeling as one of my favourite live acts.

Which...
Published on 25 Jun 2011 by C. R. Hales

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb album that really grows on you, 18 July 2011
This review is from: Together We Were Made (Audio CD)

I am really happy that I bought this album and would recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid Album, 24 July 2011
Mr. Clive Winter "CBW" (Gloucesershire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Together We Were Made (Audio CD)
I was put off buying this Album , because the poor critic reviews , I had read in the paper and in Mojo
but I heard the single . ' Set my world on fire ' on the radio , its so catchy , I just decided to buy the album , its not a classic album , but its good to listen to , so if you like the Feeling don't be put off

5.0 out of 5 stars Was the wait worth it? I think so..., 21 Jun 2011
Rosewood28 (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Together We Were Made (MP3 Download)
The Feeling are the marmite of the music world - some people really like them, others simply don't!
Opinion between my group of friends was vehemently divided, that was until this album...
I now find friends who once would eject a Feeling CD from my car stereo everytime they travelled in my beaten up car, turning the volume up! This may be down to the fact that each track is very different to the last. We go from the upbeat tempo of 'Dance for the lights' and go to the understated 'Another Soldier' which harks back to some of The Feeling's earlier sounds. 'Love and Care' sounds similar to some Beatles tracks, but is still 'Feelingy', while 'Searched Every Corner' has got a trancy undertone.
True, there is a slight shift from what we expect from the Feeling, but this is an album that clearly displays the time and effort put into making it...something that is missed in the days of conveyor belt manufactured pop where albums seem to be rushed out every few months (even Take That are now at it!)

Obviously, not everyone is going to love this, but I'm yet to see a music album that is adored by every single person who listens to it. Either way, give it a listen, you don't have to like it...but you may be surprised.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than 'Join with Us' but not as good as 'Tweleve Stops and Home', 2 Sep 2011
This review is from: Together We Were Made (Audio CD)
When i first listened to this album first time i was a tad disapointing, but after a few listens, i loved it. Their first album was outstanding and the second one, not so. But this one just gets better and better after every listen. Its not far off from being a masterpiece of an album (like the first one was) and in my opinion, it is very underrated and desereves a lot more credit. It contains some outstanding tracks such as 'Set My World on Fire', 'Leave Me Out of It', 'A Hundred Sinners', 'Say No' and 'Another Life'. The musical elements seem to have stepped up a gear as well from their first two albums, which is a step in the right direction for the band in my opinion, i'd love to put the tracks in order from best to worst, but there's just too many good ones to choose from. I have the deluxe 2 disc version of this album because i'm a big fan of the band, and if you are too i would strongly recommened getting it. Ignore all critics, this album is really really good and as as stated, better than 'Join with Us' which makes the 3 year wait well worth the while which just goes to show all the hard work and effort put into this album over the 3 years. I've heard it time and time again from other reviews of this album all over the internet saying that this band are one cut above the rest of all other bands out there, and i couldn't agree more with them. Lets just hope they release a fourth album in the next 2-3 years and maybe even a greatest hits album as well. We'll have to wait and see but for now all i can say is, keep up the good work boys!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Feeling 3rd album, 20 Jun 2011
This review is from: Together We Were Made (Audio CD)
This is a brilliant album and exactly what you would expect from The Feeling. However if you are a fan and want all their new tracks,buy the double album, i.e. Deluxe Edition. I didn't realize there was one and have only bought the single album. DOH!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars You know, this is my favourite so far, 16 Sep 2011
This review is from: Together We Were Made (Audio CD)
I really liked this CD. You know pretty much what you are going to get with The Feeling. And that is, music that is worth spending the time listening to, music that is actually uplifting. If you like the first two albums, it's probably a reasonable assumption that you will like this one. For me, more...

1.0 out of 5 stars The Feeling Together We Were Made, 12 Aug 2011
This review is from: Together We Were Made (Audio CD)
After purchasing "Twelve Stops & Home" and "Join With Us" my expectation for the third album was probably set way too high after listening to "Together We Were Made".

Very disappointing, I think they have tried too hard to move away from the first two albums to a point were they have lost the plot. Set My World On Fire is a very mediocre opening track, "Another Soldier" is obviously a political song that relies on something remotely catchy.

Listened to this album several times and it doesn't grow on me at all. Dan Gillespie Sells said during a pre sale interview that he had written in excess of two hundred and fifty songs to pick out the best, well all I can say is I would hate to hear the other two hundred and thirty seven, sorry lads it's a definite thumbs down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a grower, but so worth it. Fabulous!, 10 Aug 2011
This review is from: Together We Were Made (Audio CD)
It is a grower, when I first heard it I wasn't sure. Now I can't get the songs out of my head. I had the same experience with The Killers "Day and Age", took time to grow on me (and I love Hot Fuss and Sam's Town).

This album has been so brutally underrated. Makes you wonder who they've upset in the music/radio business to be treated so badly by the radio play-lists. They don't feature in BBC Radio 1's and BBC Radio 2 have only got A Hundred Sinners on play-list B.

The tracks on this album have been beautifully crafted. They've experimented with different sounds, but they are undeniably The Feeling.

Stand out tracks -

Track 1 - Set My World On Fire, has a wonderful African drum-beat to it, the rhythm pulls you into it. You can imagine a video similar to Savage Garden's Animal, a big street carnival.

Track 2 - Dance For The Light, with vocals from Roisin Murphy, lovely little electropop number.

Track 4 - Leave Me Out Of It, Sophie Ellis Bextor lends some vocals. This track has been featured in performances on some TV shows. A cracking duet.

Track 6 - Searched Every Corner, very catchy.

Track 7 - A Hundred Sinners, strong piano and catchy melody.

Track 9 - Say No, again strong piano, simple, perfect.

Track 10 - Back Where I Came From, how could anyone not like this track?!

Track 12 - Love and Care, could be wrong, but is this The Feeling trying to be Paul McCartney? Right to the child at the end.

Track 13 - Undeniable, a fantastic final track featuring the album title in its lyrics. Building slow, getting bigger. But unfortunately fades out... argh! Big mistake, should have had a proper ending!

Oh lets face it, 3, 5, 8 and 11 are also brilliant - all 13 tracks are excellent!

Also worth noting, if you buy the deluxe edition, you get ANOTHER 12 tracks. Amongst which is Virtually Art featuring Betty Boo, yes Betty Boo!

2.0 out of 5 stars Such a let down, 30 July 2011
This review is from: Together We Were Made (Audio CD)
I was really looking forward to the release of Together We Were Made, but was utterly disappointed by the entire album. There is not a single redeeming song - they are brash, repetitive, and much less considered than anything on Twelve Stops and Home or Join With Us.

Many people have borrowed the CD from me, and all have said how disappointed they were. If you don't like The Feeling, you may well like the album. If you do like The Feeling, this album almost certainly isn't.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 27 Jun 2011
This review is from: Together We Were Made (Audio CD)
Oh wow, I've looked forward to a new Feeling album. I LOVED Twelve Stops and Home and Join With Us wasn't all bad either. But this.....this....it's just not for me I'm afraid. Where have the hooks gone? Where are the melodies? What were they thinking? This is a case of great musicians over-thinking something and getting it wrong. This is not The Feeling I know and love and even after hearing it a few times I just cannot warm to it at all. Very disappointing and I hope they don't continue down this road with future albums. I'll forgive this hiccup but, please guys, go back to your ELO albums, listen to your pre-eighties 10cc collection again, go back in time and find your way back to us. I'll be waiting.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›