5.0 out of 5 stars Short but very good
It is what it is.....a very good fairy tale. Shame there"s only one instalment. Loving Amanda Hocking"s books at the moment!!
Published 7 months ago by When33

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the usual standard
Published on 20 Oct 2011 by Cezza91

2.0 out of 5 stars Not up to the usual standard, 20 Oct 2011
Cezza91 (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Virtue - A Fairy Tale (Kindle Edition)
As a huge fan of Amanda's work, I was looking forward to reading this. But I have to say I was rather disappointed. The story didn't seem to have much substance, and not a lot happened. There were a lot of cliches, and some of it was rather cringe-worthy. I struggled to finish it, and only did so because I'm such a fan of Amanda Hocking's other work. If this had another author whom I wan't such a big fan of, I would have stopped reading a few chapters in and probably wouldn't have gone back to it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 Aug 2011
This review is from: Virtue - A Fairy Tale (Kindle Edition)
I was looking forward to reading this but it has been a big let down. I just found it too full of cliches and not up to Amanda's normal standard. The initial concept is interesting but I struggled to finish it. A shame really as I have loved all her other work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 28 Jan 2012
This review is from: Virtue - A Fairy Tale (Kindle Edition)
I was bitterly disappointed with this book on a number of levels. Firstly, the author has the writing style/capabilities of a child which made getting through the book really laborious. Secondly, the author misused words! A cantor is not a drink vessel nor does destitute mean distressed or distraught. Finally, there were countless missing words and syntax errors throughout the book. A waste of £1.92.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but very good, 31 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: Virtue - A Fairy Tale (Kindle Edition)
This book was amazing.absolutely loved it. I would definitely recommend this. At first I didn't really get it but as the story progressed it made more and more sense. Loved it

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Virtue - A Fairy Tale (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book as it gave me something a little different, it got into the action straight away. I will definitely be reading more from Hocking in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 29 Aug 2011
This review is from: Virtue - A Fairy Tale (Kindle Edition)
This is far more than a fairy tale. It is a story about good v evil. Angels fighting daemons (the devils servants). I usually avoid books that are like this, simply because I personally believe that the devil is a real entity & as such, not a subject to be used as light entertainment. However, I did enjoy this book, as I have every other one written by Amanda Hocking. Lux is one of the daemon's minions, whom represent each of the deadly sins. Lux is lust. His passion in life is seducing and then dumping young women. However, he then meets Lilly ~ who is actually representative of virtue/chastity and he falls in love. He then has to fight his master and everything he has previously represented and served, to save the woman that he loves.

4.0 out of 5 stars First Amanda Hocking, will be reading more, 6 Mar 2012
This review is from: Virtue - A Fairy Tale (Kindle Edition)
I have a few of Amanda Hocking's books downloaded onto my Kindle with the intent to get stuck in at some point. Well I have to say I am impressed so far. She has labelled this book for 14 years and up, but I found it quite adult enough for me. I thoroughly enjoyed the book and it's a page turner right from the start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for young adults, 3 July 2011
N. Arbon (Herts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Virtue - A Fairy Tale (Kindle Edition)
I am not a young adult but I loved this book, from the moment I started I couldn't put it down. Amanda Hocking is a brilliant author and this book brings to life whole new and vivid world, with never before heard of creatures and magic I found it to be a thrilling read. I would recommend this for any reader who wants to escape reality for a few hours.

ARRAY(0xacc72ea0)