on 13 June 2011
I think is a very good collection of Tao translations. I have experience in the past with the Tao Te Ching and I am very familiar with its themes and concepts. I wanted some Kindle books that had some good translations for some easy reference and reading on my Kindle.

This collection is very good because it has a lot of different translations. The great thing is that each one is different, thought provoking, and because the Tao is not long, I find that I can read each translation quite quickly.

I am also finding the explanations very rewarding and easy to get into.

I highly recommend it to people looking to get started with Taoism and the Tao, and for people experienced with Taoism and Eastern philosophy who want some new interpretations.
on 19 October 2011
So obviously I've heard about this, seen the word Tao (although I was pronouncing it wrong) crop up every so often and some friends have told me about it. In fact, I finally decided to take a look at the after a friend told me how she read a verse every day in the morning. So I decided it was time to find out what the fuss was about. And I must say I have really gotten into it! Even though I didn't know what to expect about it all, I have been finding it all to be very enlightening! I think its concepts are definitely something we can all benefit from. And personally I'm trying a lot to put it's concepts into practice!
on 15 June 2012
I found the various takes on the Tao Te Ching very interesting and occasionally outside my normal understanding of the work. So a good addition to my collection.

Whether it is because of the Kindle format or not, I found it a bit difficult to navigate between texts for comparison and a more obvious form of identifying break between sections would have helped me. This could easily be because of my inadequacies rather than the book!!!
on 1 August 2011
I started looking for some Eastern philosophy books and looking into Eastern culture because I had been told how interesting the concepts are and how it helps people with a new outlook on life and even to help with meditation and calming.

I must say that reading these translations and commentaries has really helped me understand the concepts of the Tao and Taoism, and I have really definitely found it all to really be very interesting and it definitely has given me so much to think about and consider.

So I'm really glad I started looking into it and learning about it.
on 25 February 2014
Its all about principles and love and dire to learn and develop ones self I say I say good is good enough never allow ones ego to claim up a tall mountain. From Mr. J. KELLY. Respectfully. 4th Dan black belt in the karate do costly of the way of peace and harmony ( wado ryu.)
on 8 March 2013
This book breaks the Tao Te Ching down into simple words, and gave me a whole new point of view on it. Some of the Tao Te Ching is very cryptic, and this book gave me a chance at understanding what Lao Tzu was trying to say.

I would highly recommend this book.
on 7 March 2013
A collection of several different interpretations / translations of the Tao Te Ching - An ancient chinese philosophy / religion.
on 2 April 2014
Have always been interested in aspects of Taoism. This book is a small step towards a closer understanding of it.
on 11 December 2013
I must admit, I gave up on reading this book. I found it too laborious and detailed for me. I must stress however, this is a criticism of me and not of the book. If you want detailed, personal insights into the Tao Te Ching from several sources. this could well be the book for you, it just happens that is not what I'm looking for at this time.
on 1 March 2016