on 16 December 2012
Oops, I made a little mistake with this one. I thought it was a Spanish/English, English/Spanish dictionary but it's only a one way book. Nonetheless it has come in very handy with a basic Spanish story I am trying to read on my kindle so still worth the money and it will pay for itself the more fluent I become in Spanish.
on 29 November 2012
I bought this because I had decided to try reading in Spanish (having done it for my degree many years ago). On the whole, it did the job but I still had to resort to using the paper book version for some of the words, which I felt were not that unusual and should have been included in the e-book version.
on 19 December 2012
I bought this for my kindle and I have been somewhat disappointed. Although it is heaps better than the dictionary provided on the kindle it still seems unable to give the meaning of a lot of words. I think the problem is probably with the way the kindle works because my paper Collins is excellent.
on 15 June 2015
Hi, just a warning that I downloaded this so that I could easily translate whilst reading spanish books but it wouldn't work with original kindle. When I contacted customer service they noted the problem but didn't have a solution and I got a refund. Disappointed that I couldn't get it to work.
on 28 January 2014
This book is comprehensive but the search facility makes it impossible to use as a dictionary. When you search for a word it finds the word whereever it occurs in a definition but not as a keyword so you cannot find the translation.
on 8 June 2014
This is an excellent dictionary for my level of learning (beginner/post beginner) which has given me the necessary detailed information for my needs without being unwieldy.
I would thoroughly recommend this dictionary for learners of a similar level.
on 27 July 2014
I find the search function really annoying, when I type in a word I want to know the meaning of it brings up every single mention and I can't work out which is the one to look at so I basically can't use the dictionary.
on 27 September 2013
it's very good, but i grudge having to pay for two books english / spanish and spanish / english. i have an old oxford english/spanish/english combined and its simpler than constantly changing books
on 8 April 2014
great buy - I am now going to get the English Spanish too - it saves carrying a dictionary around. I am not sure if i should have gone for the bigger one but this has been sufficient so far.
on 7 September 2015
This is fine but I thought i was buying a dictionary which was English Spanish and Spanish English . irritated that i ended up buying one way dictionary