5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for reading Spanish
I am also starting to read Spanish, I got about half a page into my book before I decided I did need a dictionary for all my wonderful new vocabulary words.

This dictionary installs automatically in your Kindle as default Spanish dictionary. Your Kindle even know when you are reading Spanish, which I found very cleaver. It is phenomenally easy to use...
Published on 7 Feb 2012 by Anna

3.0 out of 5 stars A book of two halves
There are two books reviewed here - Spanish / English and English / Spanish.
Published 16 months ago by DugM

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for reading Spanish, 7 Feb 2012
This review is from: Collins Concise Spanish-English Dictionary (Kindle Edition)

It has practically every word, including conjugations of verbs, I just have to figure out for myself what words are actually character's names! I think it is well worth the money to get this one rather than a cheaper version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 21 Jan 2012
J. Russell - See all my reviews
I am learning to read in Spanish and needed a translation dictionary that would work automatically on my new Kindle. This dictionary is brilliant. I was a bit worried that it would be a nuisance having to set this as default dictionary and then have to change back whenever I needed an English or French dictionary. However the Kindle allows you to select a default dictionary for each language. The Kindle automatically detects the language and uses the correct dictionary. The Collins dictionary recognises conjugated verbs and verbs with attached pronouns, and seems to have a wide vocabulary. I bought this instead of the cheaper Merriam-Webster because I have an electronic Franklin/Merriam-Webster dictionary and haven't been very impressed with the content compared to my paperback Collins.

3.0 out of 5 stars A book of two halves, 3 Sep 2013
There are two books reviewed here - Spanish / English and English / Spanish.
Good up to date content, but on a Kindle it's difficult to search. It would be better if the headword always came at the top of the search results, but it doesn't so if you search for e.g. "cat", you'll get every instance of the word listed, even when all you want to know is the translation.

5.0 out of 5 stars No pdf files, 23 Mar 2012
I just want to warn others that my Kindle (version 4) fails to display the dictionary when I want to read files that I converted from pdf into kindle format. When I place the cursor over a word, it just displays 'no dictionalry found'. It is a disapointment as I have many pdf spanish books. The same thing happens with the Spanish-Spanish dictionary that can be downloaded from 'Archived items' in the kindle.
The Collins dictionary itself is very extensive, with a wide range of idiomatic expressions and acronyms. I feel it is the perfect e-dictionary for those willing to learn Spanish.
And the combination of the kindle plus a dictionary is wonderful. Reading Spanish books has become a real pleasure as it is so much faster to look up for unknown words.
Overall this product is fantastic value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and easy to use, 1 April 2013
This is a seriously big dictionary, don't misinterpret the word Concise in the title, it has not yet been beaten by my admittedly limited reading of Spanish. If anything you can get distracted by the volume of information for some words, but the distractions are interesting and informative. It is ideal for reading Spanish on a Kindle out of Wifi range, like on the bus or train and is a huge improvement on my first cheap dictionary. The Kindle search finds most verb conjugations, plurals and combinations of verbs and pronouns but it is occasionally beaten so some knowledge of grammar and construction of words is required, so it won't teach you Spanish, but it is an essential part of the process. Some explanations and abbreviations are in Spanish, but you quickly get used to this. Take care when ordering, this is a Spanish dictionary with English explanations, it does not find the Spanish version of an English word. I waited too long before buying this dictionary, it has given me a leap forward in reading Spanish and has removed the frustration of not knowing and misunderstanding.

1.0 out of 5 stars Problem with Android, 14 July 2013
Have tried downloading this to my Android tablet multiple times. Can't find it anywhere on my Kindle app and, having played around with settings on the app and on the tablet itself, I can't seem to make it work. As a Spanish student I can usually make do with the Spanish dictionary installed on my device but could have done with this for times when I really need a direct translation. Will have to make do with my time-consuming paper dictionary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Year abroad preparations, 4 Mar 2012
In preparing for my year abroad, I was concerned that dictionaries would eat up travel weight but Collins Kindle eBook has solved that problem before I leave. Kindle dictionaries will provide an easy and quick reference when I first arrive in Madrid making dictionaries portable and readily available in any situation. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Dictionary, 30 Jun 2012
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This relates to the Kindle Version which I recently purchased. I also have the printed version. Like others on here I wanted a dictionary for helping with Spanish reading. I had also used the same dictionary mentioned by others because at the time there was a limited set of choices for a Spanish dictionary. The Miriam dictionary is also very slow despite being small. I tried this out and not only (as expected of course) were the definitions far better but the response was fast. Only complaint is that you can't set default dictionaries for the PC version of the Kindle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., 24 Feb 2012
Miss R. A. Nobes "Bex" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
Both of my main dictionaries (French and Spanish) are Collins and so when I was going abroad for the summer and I knew I couldn't take up such a large portion of my luggage allowance on a dictionary I decided to look for an ebook version. I have to say there isn't much of a selection available but when I saw Collins I knew it would be my best choice. It's a shame it doesn't come with the English to Spanish version and that there is no discount offered for those that buy both of them as when you get the paper version you don't get one without the other. That said this is exactly what I need for translating from Spanish to English and will be well used for my dissertation.

1.0 out of 5 stars This is not a dictionary as I know it, 5 July 2013
It is almost impossible to look up a word in this dictionary. It may work for translating when reading in Spanish on the kindle, but if you hear a word and want to look it up you cannot , as there seems to be no simple way to find the main entry for the word. Instead one is given a listing of every entry of the word in the whole book. The alternative of searching using location is extremely cumbersome as one can only find the approximate location of a word and then has to flick through word by word (perhaps through 100 words) until you find the word you want. A total waste of money.

Collins Concise Spanish-English Dictionary