on 2 August 2012
My previous Philips phone was on its last legs, so I did do some research as to a replacement, & Gigaset did come out tops on Which guide+has 2 year guarrantee!
I went for the white version-no particular reason-but most phones are either black or silver these days, so bit of a colour change there. The set up is VERY easy-all menu driven, many features:not letting a 'withheld number' call making the phone ring out/choices of colours for the display-or can assign colours for different callers/can also not to let the phone ring out after a certain time(the wee small hours for example)/many ring tones-most not up to much, but worth a listen to for the novelty effect!/& the answer machine is also very easy to set up-1 button & you are on, has hands free also on both base & handset(sound quality is better than my previous phone+most reviewers do say that the battery life is excellent-yet to try this out fully), but at the moment very pleased with this purchase!
White is the way forward!
on 16 October 2013
Looks quite smart, quality feel. Menu relatively easy to follow. Lots of choice of ring tone melodies but all rather electronic sounding. The main reason for this review is to say that although the phone front and base unit are white, the power and phone cables are black - I chose a white phone because I didn't want black in my cream kitchen.

See one answered question