5.0 out of 5 stars Just Wonderful
Published on 5 Sep 2011 by ACB (swansea)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
bought as a gift for someone they seem to be quite happy with it typical Doris Day not really my thing but then that's my opinion
Published 2 months ago by farm girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Wonderful, 5 Sep 2011
ACB (swansea) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: My Heart (Audio CD)
Fabulous to hear Doris Day singing at any time As a great fan of Alice Faye I understand Doris's agent when he said that "People could identify themselves with Alice and they can with Doris". This epitomises a chapter in her life to produce a beautifully emotional album. We all know of her persona and her supreme film career with memorable moments with co-stars (Sinatra, Cagney, Hudson, Garner) coming to mind easily. This compilation really needs no further introduction. Doris Day is a supreme artist. The songs are delivered in her own inimitable way. Vintage, yes, but old, no. Wonderful. A reminder of her vocal talent. Up there with the tops. 'You Are So Beautiful' and 'Disney Girls' tell it all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Gold from Doris Day, 6 Sep 2011
This review is from: My Heart (MP3 Download)
How wonderful to hear some new recordings from the period 1985/1986
when Doris was in her 60's but still had that magic touch in her
voice when she sang.

The selection taken I understand from her American TV series from that
era, "Best Friends". It would be lovely to hear also some of the other songs
featured from the series on another CD, maybe in the future.

My favourite title from the album is "My Heart" although all the tracks are
very listenable and to have the 8 tracks taken from the period of the 1980's
digitally enhanced gives a real polish to the sound quality.

I understand Doris wasn't happy with the original recordings from that period
but what a joy
that she decided to commission the release of this album in memory of her dear
late son, Terry.

A really lovely album!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dream Come True., 7 Sep 2011
Anthony Santamauro (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Heart (Audio CD)
From day one when this album was announced, it was made clear that the unreleased songs were from 1986 actually recorded for her Best Friend show but never released. I own all the songs recorded and I treasure them. Doris is the best singer in the business and all of us fans should consider this release a
beautiful gift. Knowing Miss Day, it never entered my mind that she actually recorded these songs today.( She probably could have and still sounded great)
Her intro to her sons solo number is beautifully done and although she sounds older she does not sound shaky. It took 20 years to finally hear her LOVE ALBUM and now 25 years later we are getting another amazing album. She adapts well to the sound of the 80's and I haven't heard a more beautiful version of You Are so Beautiful. As fans, we should embrace this release and stop the criticisms. It's a five star release!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars simply fab, 10 Sep 2011
This review is from: My Heart (Audio CD)
I bought this CD for my sister who's a fan (I'm more of a rock chick lol). I thought I'd give it a spin though and was thoroughly impressed, I totally forgot what an amazing singer Doris Day is, the CD has got a groovy, chilled back vibe about it, it's perfect for winding down after a long, hard day. As I said, simply fab.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doris is Back and How Much We've Missed Her, 5 Sep 2011
This review is from: My Heart (Audio CD)
Listening to this album made me wish so much that Doris hadn't stopped recording in 1967; there could have been so many wonderful albums in the intervening years. However, Doris returned to the recording studio in 1986 and finally these tracks have been released. This new album is just superb and it was worth the wait. Doris' vocals are sublime and her voice retains that intimacy that just draws the listener in. The re-mastering has been done very well and Doris' voice is front and foremost. The tracks have a fresh feel about them. It's a pity Doris didn't record "Happy Endings" as Terry wrote it for her and it was perfect for her. Though her introduction is touching and sincere. I cannot recommend this recording highly enough. I hope we will see further releases from her vaults and maybe just maybe she could be persuaded to record again. Doris Day is back and all's right with the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 10 Sep 2011
This review is from: My Heart (Audio CD)
I love Doris Day and this was an utter delight. It was nice to hear some of these old songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must buy for anyone with even a passing interest in Doris Day, 8 Sep 2011
This review is from: My Heart (Audio CD)
As a younger fan of Doris Day I've always been bewildered by the amount of CDs out there which simply re-jig her old albums, to the point where it's difficult to know what to buy, in the end I bought the original albums on CD and a hits collection, and nowhere in my collection are most of these songs. Sure the odd one is out there but most are new to me and will be new to almost everyone out there.

Doris Day is a legend and this is a fantastic insight into her latter years, when her voice was still amazing. Buy one for yourself and another for your mum, otherwise she's likely to borrow it! Doris starts off Happy Endings with a few words about her late son Terry, it's fantastic to hear her voice but it's a shame that she didn't duet with her son on Happy Endings, now that would be amazing. An absolute must buy for anyone with even a passing interest in Doris Day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doris is back and how I have missed her, 7 Sep 2011
This review is from: My Heart (Audio CD)
This album, MY HEART, is a wonderful way to remember one of the greatest entertainers of all time. Her vocal abilities have long be overshadowed by her screen career. But her singing ranks right up there with Ella, Frankie, Peggy and Tony. A consumate artist has now allowed the release of some tracts from the 80's and a few which appear to be more recent. It even has a lovely rendition of a song, HAPPY ENDINGS sung by her son Terry Melcher. His John Denver-ish vocal is quite pleasent. Now I would love to hear Doris sing it as it is a perfect song for her. Her single release of HEAVEN TONIGHT grows on you. The 70's pop feel to it is infectious and humable.
All in all it is a delightful album and the millions of Doris Day fans should be thrilled with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars My favourite female recording star, 5 Sep 2011
Colin R. Holmes (Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Heart (Audio CD)
I have to confess Doris Day has always been my favourite vocalist therefore this review is bound to be bias in her favour.The top songs on this album are the ones she chose as her favourites. These have been recorded very previously and the clear perfect voice stands out on all of them. ( MY ONE AND ONLY LOVE.OHIO.MY BUDDY.LIFE IS JUST A BOWL OF CHERRIES.)
There is nothing wrong with the rest of the tracks but there is an uncertain start on DAYDREAM and the voice is different than usual on the later tracks. I perfectly understand this.No ones voice stays the same as age takes over. Her son sings one of the songs HAPPY ENDINGS, the rest are laid-back versions of good songs. HEAVEN TONIGHT definitly sounds like a rejected single of thirty years ago.I loved it all. Doris can sing to me anytime she wants, even at 87 years old. Thanks for all the pleasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars A timeless artist. A timeless voice. A beautiful person., 12 Sep 2011
Santi (Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Heart (Audio CD)
There have been many female artists who have come and gone, but along with 'Ella', Doris Day is timeless. Listening to her clear and soothing voice doing justice to every song she has ever recorded triggers memories drifting back to when the world was young and life was innocent and carefree. Just hearing her voice is a tonic which evokes a feeling that all is well with the world. (If only it was!) More please Doris !

My Heart
My Heart by Doris Day (Audio CD - 2011)