4.0 out of 5 stars Great machine, only one minor complaint
This is my first review on anything, ever, so bear with me.

I purchased this on Amazon through a second party, due to not being able to pay with PayPal, and having, by choice, no Credit Card.
The current offer on Amazon is better than I could find anywhere else, including eBay! Personally I like it, and can find nothing negative with it as others do,...
Published 22 months ago by Chris_M

3.0 out of 5 stars Coffee could be kept hotter, other than that perfect
Coffee maker arrived promptly, was easy to set up and functions perfectly.

Its very easy to use, standard set up really. It also looks the part, the stainless steel finish certainly will suit most kitchens.

However I am deducting points because the main reason I bought this was because I heard it was able to keep the coffee hot after brewing - it did...
Published 21 months ago by TheArtfulDodger

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!, 6 Jan 2013
Nat100 (Nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Morphy Richards Accents 47087 Digital Filter Coffee Maker - Black (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this for my husband for christmas, wasn't sure what to expect as reviews were mixed. This is the first coffee machine we have had but it is great! It looks good, works well, easy to use and is quiet. It keeps coffee hot for 2 hours, why you would want it kept standing for longer than that I don't know..make less so none is wasted and then make it fresh, it doesn't take long!! I don't find filling it a problem at all, yes a little bit of water dribbles down back when you lift the lid..just condensation from inside the lid..not a problem as far as I'm concerned. It makes a good cup of coffee!! Not sure what some people expect..maybe to pour it for them too?? I would definately reccomend it, especially at that price. Great value!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Form versus function, 24 Oct 2014
I wish I had paid more attention to some of the other reviews here. I have resisted writing an out of the box review in order to be fair to the machine but now is the time:
Good points:
1. It does make good coffee (but be sure to get the most flavour by using the misnamed aroma button. It does not seem to fill the house with that estate agents' dream, the smell of freshly made coffee but it does make the flavour stronger.) Do take note of the recommendation to run it 3 times on clear water to get rid of any plasticky taste. It works.
2. It looks quite smart.
Bad points:
1. It is tall. Not much clearance between the top of it and the wall cupboards in the average kitchen. The relevance of this will become clear below.
2. It produces a lot of steam. Not good for those cupboards or their contents. I would be able to site it elsewhere in the kitchen if only.............
3.... the cable was not so very short. Pull it tight and it is 30 inches from machine to plug which with kinks etc gives a working length of around 28 inches
4. Condensation. It does not seem to matter how long between uses. There will be quite a bit of condensation on the underside of the lid. The design of the lid is such that the water runs off down the back of the machine and present you with a little puddle on the worktop. Clever, that. At least an incontinent puppy grows out of the habit.
5. Filling it. Ah now this is good. The filler aperture is narrow and curved and you can't get a clear run at it because of that lid getting in the way. So that is another puppy issue on the worktop..........Have MR missed a marketing opportunity here? An expensive theme coloured and shaped Accents accessory funnel perhaps?

Conclusion:
1. Can I recommend it? No. It is designed for looks not ergonomics.
2. Will I go on using it? Yes but not without keeping a cloth handy. I paid too much money for it to sit at the back of the cupboard.
3. Does it make better coffee than a cafetiere. No, but it does keep it warm and stewing for up to 2 hours if I can't be bothered to rinse out that cafetiere and put the kettle on again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely suits my needs!, 18 Oct 2014
I think this machine is really fine for it's price. I haven't had a similar coffee maker in the past so I can't make any comparisons.

It is definitely larger than other more basic machines and maybe this is to accommodate the additional electronics inc. the clock & timer. A bit too large for me really but I just had to have the timer for ready made coffee in the morning!

As far as using it is concerned it is really easy to set the time / auto / on/off etc - really simple. The comments about the coffee not being hot enough are not justified in my opinion. Obviously hot water dripping through slowly is going to cool slightly. It is still really hot. I do heat a small bit of milk in my mug first in my microwave before adding the coffee but I have always done this - instant, cafetierre or whatever. Actually I found the second cup to be extremely hot, more than the first. The hot plate is obviously very efficient! I noticed a better flavour for me than my metal cafetierre. However I bought that to try and have a 2nd hot cup - didn't work! Plus - coffee 'dust' was left in the bottom of my mug - yuck! No such problems with the Morphy Richards machine.

The comments about slightly awkward water fill are correct I feel and yes it does drip condensation when you open the lid - but only if the machine is still hot or warm.

Would I recommend? Yes. It suits me fine. I am not a coffee connoisseur and for those that are, they may have issues with this machine as far as 'proper' flavour is concerned. I, however, just want a nice hot, flavourful, ready-made cup (and a second lovely hot cup) and this is perfect. Perhaps doesn't appear that robust but I can't yet comment on durability or longevity. It does have a 2 year manufacturer's warranty anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars Coffee lover, 14 Jan 2013
This makes lovely coffee and stays hot for two hours or can use the timer for later brewing. It is easy to use and clean and looks good, is excellent value for money. I have other red coloured appliances in the kitchen so fits in well. I would recommend this to a friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Only 15 months old and it has stopped working, 31 Mar 2014
Bought in December 2012, failed in March 2014.
There was a slight burning smell and then the pump and the heating element stopped working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best coffee maker ever!!, 24 Mar 2014
Trea (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this little beauty as we now have the time to enjoy fresh coffee each morning! This gizmo is not only stunning to look at but, more important, makes a fab cup of coffee!! Brilliant price too! And we love the fact that it has a clock!!! Oh! and the "aroma" button really is the biz as it filters the coffee slower....with no bitter after taste!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly. Good timer feature means coffee is ready when you get up., 15 Sep 2013
G. Mounsey (UK) - See all my reviews
This large capacity coffee maker produces excellent filter coffee (but not up to the standard of a proper expresso machine of course).

Compared with previous models I find that this one doesn't keep dripping when the carafe is removed, also the carafe pours well without spills even when very full.

The filter is easy to remove. It's all easy to clean. The timer is handy. The water reservoir opening is slightly narrow into which to pour (so care is needed if one has shaky hands), but that is a consequence of the relatively small footprint design which I prefer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Answer, 12 Sep 2013
Makes good coffee, the water input is somewhat awkward. what more to say. OK OK don't push your luck asking for an essay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Coffee machine in last 20 years - and I am critical!, 3 Mar 2013
Delighted with this product. I have long wanted a coffee maker which produces hot coffee and keeps it hot and freshly hot at that..
The timer is useful and easy to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good piece of kit., 6 Dec 2012
This purchase was to replace a previous Morphy Richards coffee maker. I chose this model for it's features and stylish looks. It is very easy to use and serves piping hot coffee. Having read some reviews that indicated that it made weak coffee; this is not my experience, the coffee is strength is fine and I do enjoy strong, black coffee. (I think strength is down to choice of beans and measurement) Other criticism is that the machine switches off after 2 hours, this is an advantage and realistically, coffee that has been sat around for 2 hours should probably be poured away!
Overall, I am very happy with my purchase.

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›